• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Ugh. I have no leads. If there's anyone I'm suspicious of it's Super Silly who seems to be trying really hard to scum hunt and scum hunt only.

I'll do a bit of reading in the future.

David

But you called me here...
All of the suspicious ones are dead. But I can see how Super Silly would appear that way. An ISO might be wise on her.

TheGreen

Also, wtf is a redirector :P
Doesn't seem relevant 'cause at this point we're dead unless we lynch a scum regardless of roles, but I'm still curious.

SuperSilly
Ok, so there's no real evidence against her(?) but it's my best lead, so I'ma go with it.

First off, she's only made 10 posts all game. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, in fact I've only posted 17 (18 with this one), but still it's not helping her case.

In nearly every post she says something along the lines of "I'm busy so I can't post a lot." Again, not suspicious, but still not helping.

Never does she vote, and mostly IGMEOY's are placed. (only one FOS and no votes) It's quite clear that she's trying to not draw any attention to herself by not really going after any individual. Her posts are long to give the impression of scum hunting, but they aren't really helping the town. Very cleverly done.. *takes notes*

Last bit of evidence is that she defends people she knows to be innocent townies:
As far as Zenox goes, I don’t think that as a Mafioso he’d have made such an obvious mistake unless he thought he wasn’t making a mistake, so I’m actually inclined to believe he is town, or perhaps maybe third party.
I looked over HoT, and I’m not too suspicious at the moment.
Illmatic. I can’t say I find him mega suspicious, as his posts seem pretty normal from what I remember in previous games.
And when she does go after someone, she does it by proxy, that is through other's posts. Here's one example, another was during the bandwagon on Ark when she used her only FOS.
I think I agree with Illmatic in this regard, that this post by TheGreen expresses my current views well.
Here, she goes after the claimed cop but makes sure that there are others who have already expresses suspicion so that she can't be singled out.

Not going to bother with an IGMEOY or an FOS

Vote: SuperSilly

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Do you all remember day 1? Where I mentioned the villains being towns and batman being the godfather... TheGreen was confrontational with me, saying how could I have known the set up? If he was pro-town, he would have known that he would win when batman died. But see... Here's the kicker... if he was Mafia he would know that batman was truly the godfather and he wouldn't have second guessed it.

My best guess is TheGreen is our SK. Third Party would mean that his wincon (win condition) would be something to the effect of "You win when everyone opposing you has been killed) or something to that effect. Rather then our townie wincon that says "You win when batman and the forces opposing you are dead"

It also explains why he has been laying low, and why he hasn't been much of the jokester even like he was last game. In my eyes he's the perfect candidate for lynch today. What do you guys think?

Jo is dead. She guessed TheGreen was the SK. As The Green said, the SK is the Scarecrow:

Sorry for my relative inactivity. The first thing I want to mention is a new theory I have about the set up of the game: One of the night-killing roles is Scarecrow.

Batman wikia says that Scarecrow uses drugs to kill people.

Batman Wikia said:
The Scarecrow is a mentally unstable former psychologist who uses a variety of drugs and psychological tactics to use the fears and phobias of his adversaries.

And look carefully at Jo's death:

She felt a small prick of pain in the back of her neck, she never heard anything behind hear and she didn't see anything when she turned around startled. She felt a weird pressure in her head and on several spots of her body after a few seconds.

Scarecrow is the SK, but I find it quite suspicious that Jo thought that TheGreen was the SK and then died the night after. Scummy, eh?

I'll wait for your defense until I make up my mind.

TheGreen

Scarecrow is the SK, but I find it quite suspicious that Jo thought that TheGreen was the SK and then died the night after. Scummy, eh?

I'll wait for your defense until I make up my mind.

Obvious kill is too obvious. That's quite risky for a supposed sk.

Yeah it is quite scummy, but I don't have an explanation. I think whoever the SK is has either been trying to kill Baysiderulez and failing (but he/she's been getting kills all along) or is playing a game of trying to make others look suspicious and doin' it rong. For instance, on night two, the sk killed Illmatic, and i think... *checks*... ya, Baysiderulez was very suspicious of him. I'm going to guess and say something similar is happening here.

It's not like I can explain why the sk killed someone, except that the cop is obviously dangerous to the sk, and if i were the sk I wouldn't come out and say "Lol scarecrow here, i've been killin' people. :D" So if you're waiting for a "defense" you won't get any :/ I clearly have nothing to defend myself with.

David

Jo didn't investigate him. You can't say that he is because she was only suspicious of him. Funny how you missed that part of her investigation for scum... Uscum?

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
(Sorry, I would have posted sooner but I had other priorities while yesterday I was running on an hour and a half of sleep. Needless to say, I fell asleep at the computer in the evening. After I woke up I decided to go to bed. :P)

If there's anyone I'm suspicious of it's Super Silly who seems to be trying really hard to scum hunt and scum hunt only.

Yeah, that’s mostly due to a lack of time. With a lack of time, why not prioritize my posts and do what I can with the time I have? I can understand where you’re coming from though. I think there was one time where I got on and didn’t ‘try really hard’ to scum hunt where I posted, by the way. Because a majority lynch was already reached.. I incorrectly thought HoM and Mikau were siblings. XP (By the way, sorry about that…)

Never does she vote, and mostly IGMEOY's are placed. (only one FOS and no votes) It's quite clear that she's trying to not draw any attention to herself by not really going after any individual. Her posts are long to give the impression of scum hunting, but they aren't really helping the town. Very cleverly done.. *takes notes*

As for that… That’s actually my playstyle. I’m just cautious when it comes to my suspicions. Remember last game? The only vote I placed was on Sasuke. Then I was nightkilled. But until then, I had only FoS’d and IGMEOY’d people. (Actually, I did vote no lynch in that game I think a day before I voted Sasuke, but I’m not sure that counts…?) Poor choice of playstyle perhaps, but it's just my personality.

Also, as for not trying to draw attention to myself through not going after any individual, see where I am suspicious of an individual on the first day by being suspicious of SoL. (A link to said post is in my reply to the second quote down from here.)

Last bit of evidence is that she defends people she knows to be innocent townies:.

May I mention that I've also been suspicious of townies? :P I mean, really... This argument is viewing my posts through a rather narrow scope. I will address them anyway.

I certainly wasn’t the only one who came to the conclusion Zenox wasn’t going to make such a mistake as scum, seeing as it was indeed a logical conclusion.

And as for HoT, I was actually mildly suspicious of him both then and later. Just unsure. Not sure I'd say I was defending him on any point except his changing his playstyle from game to game. Also, in the same post that I FoS’d Ark I mentioned him, meaning he was on my suspect list, even if I was unsure. (Didn’t go into detail then because I had to leave for a sleepover in 5 minutes.) (Plus in that post you bring up about not being suspicious of HoT I did IGMEOY HoT.)

As for Illmatic, yeah. I’ve played with him before when we were both scum, and both town. So I mentioned that he seemed to be playing normally. Guess I don’t have anything to say but that.

And when she does go after someone, she does it by proxy, that is through other's posts. Here's one example, another was during the bandwagon on Ark when she used her only FOS.

Er, I would say that’s mostly due to a lack of time as well. However, recall that on the first day I was suspicious of SoL, when no one else was, so I don’t just 'go after people by proxy’ as you put it. (Yes, my reasoning then is evidently wrong now, I'm aware of that...)

Here, she goes after the claimed cop but makes sure that there are others who have already expresses suspicion so that she can't be singled out.

So, it's not at all surprising to you that when both Axle and Keyshe, both good players, begin attacking Jo, people give their arguments consideration? :P

I said (toward the bottom) I’d consider the potential that she might have been the sk, and that I couldn’t be sure of the setup. I was a little suspicious of her at that time, yes. But, if I was scum I would have wanted her out of the picture badly, and therefore placed a vote or at least a FoS with major vote potential on her. I would have had nothing to fear in either case as scum, for the same reasons you think my behavior has been a little scummy. If I was scum I would have known I could have gotten away with either at the time due to others being suspicious and ‘doing it by proxy’ since those are apparantly the foundations of my plan to deceive people so very cleverly.

But I didn’t. Because I’m not scum, and I was sincerely unsure if Jo would have or would have not been worthy of major suspicion at the time.

So.... Yeah. I'm thinking it's a little strange to be voting for me when you yourself acknowledge there isn't much of a case against me, but I guess you seem to have resigned yourself to a loss already so you're saying, "What the heck." (Unless you really are the sk...)

I for one plan to give both the mafia and the sk a run for their money.

Also, this is a redirector.

Obvious kill is too obvious. That's quite risky for a supposed sk.

Actually, at first I was thinking that too. “It’s too obvious, so he’s probably town.” A framejob is a possibility. However, that’s exactly why it would have been perfectly safe for you to kill Jo. A WIFOM. I think you’re both cunning enough and bold enough to try that, if you are the sk… Question is, are you the sk?

(And yes, I plan to have time to give my opinion on the answer to that. I said here I'd look into TheGreen, Jo's theory still seems a possibility to me, and now there is more evidence to consider. Not now though since I don't have time. But soon, hopefully within a day. [Real day, not game day. :P])

David

False. I'm still alive. The problem is that we have no good leads, and other people are being all inactive.

David

But they aren't all that great. There's suspicion, but no hard evidence to make me feel either way.

MikauIncarnate

Please do not comment on a situation like this in the future as you are no longer playing, thanks.

TheGreen

okay guys there's no right way to do this
Let's just vote already.

EBWODP
If anyone votes No Lynch I'll scream ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom