• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Kaepora Gaebora

D

derkcloud

I don't. Yeah he talks a lot but if you are a first time player, some of his info is invaluable.

squirrelguys

Hero of Slimes
I don't hate him. But pushing the wrong button at the wrong time could get annoying after some time. Really why does everyone ask if you got that? Does Link have ADD or somthing? But I do love his theme. :)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I hate him. I don't like being told what to do. Sure, he's good for first-time players, but I'd like to figure things out for myself; it's more fun. For me, anyway. I like a challenge. Keapora Geabora is already annoying, and his "information" kinda takes away from said challenge.

Even the first time through he annoyed me. The only good piece of advice I recall him giving is to listen for the song in the lost woods. And even then I had already heard that tip from a friend who was further than me. Much like Navi's constant barrage of information in the first temple, Kaepora Gaebora gets more annoying each time I play Ocarina of Time.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
1-Up named him one of "The 25 Most Embarassing Moments in Zelda History":

338.jpg

Hand Holding Link! Did you know that by pressing the A button you can make my text scroll faster? Why don't you try pressing it a whole bunch of times while I ramble on like a crazy idiot and explain stuff you would know how to do if you had ever had to play a videogame even once in your life, and may have actually already done several times just to get to the point where I'm explaining it to you. Press A if you would like me to repeat all of what I said.
HA! Gotcha! Link! Did you know that by pressing the A button you can make my text scroll faster...

I honestly don't mind him at all. I actually find him quite entertaining.

Honestly, how awesome it is to be walking around then randomly an owl starts to talk to you.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
The idea of the character doesn't bother me, but the fact that almost all the information he gives is told to you by someone else, usually a bit earlier than when you run into Kaepora Gaebora. It doesn't help that to end his text, you have to pick the second option, unlike all the other characters. So, yeah, I'd say he's a character that I really don't care for. In fact, I'd say he's the only character I've actually been extremely annoyed with. He was a good idea that had bad execution.

Djinn

and Tonic
I have never hated him, and honestly I never did understand the hate of the character.

However his presence in the game only raised so many more questions than answers. Just what is this strange talking owl, how is he talking and why does he want to help Link so much? Where is he getting this insider information from? Is he a sage or is that just simply a rumor? And just where does he go when he is through talking to Link? What could be so much more important than saving Hyrule that he has to leave Link right there and go away? He knows the world is overrun by a madman holding the power of the gods, so why ditch Link when he could seriously use his help? He could at least give Link more information than the little bits of rumor that he reveals slowly through his appearances in the game. And how does the Terminian one have statues made in his honor? Where did he learn how to teleport?

He is apparently some kind of mysterious magical...something. That the creators decided to either drop 3/4 through the game, or they lost interest and did not add any more appearances or bother with much of an explanation. That has actually led asking myself over and over again "Gaagh, what is that thing?!" To me it is a stranger mystery than just "Where did Kokiris come from?" or "What is a Fishman?" It was as if the developers were spending so much time building up this great important character to the story and then just saying "You know what? %$& it! Let's just have Sheik reveal the rest of the secrets..." I always found is disappearance more annoying than the character.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I hate KG more than Navi or Tingle. He just rants and if you press the first button after he's done, he rants again. And what's really annoying
is that if you enter Lake Hylia by jumping into the river in Gerudo Valley and exit to Hyrule Field he'll be waiting for you, and tell you about Lake Hylia as if you've never been there.
. I could complain some more, but I'll keep it at that.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I found him helpful on my 1-4 replay of OoT but after that he got annoying but I still get his theme stuck in my head at times which I love his theme it really fits a wise owl whom many think is Rauru(I agree)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom