• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

J-Pop/J-Rock

Who's a fan?

What are some of your favorite J-Pop/Rock artists?

Mine has to be somewhere around Antic Cafe... Since I don't listen to it much anymore.

Let meh know! =D

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm, I listen to some J-Pop, and a little J-Rock. You see, when I hear a great opening to an anime, I look up who it's by, and then listen to more of that person's songs. For example, that's how I got into listening to Mami Kawada and Kotoko. Nightmare is OK, but they're way too heavy sometimes. Ai Otsuka is also pretty good.

A majority of what I listen is is Japanese/Asian. I don't really consider it J-[genre here] though. It's just music in a different language. I guess I'll toss out some names though:
Seikima-II, BUCK-TICK, Malice Mizer, THE ZOLGE, BOOWY, Gackt, Versailles, Ken Hirai, Aya Hirano, Sakakibara Yui, metronome, Kaya, The GazettE, FLOPPY, DJ OZMA, Kishidan, Dir en grey, D'espairsRay, The Candy Spooky Theater, SEX-ANDROID, SEX MACHINEGUNS, D=OUT, Toshihiko Takamizawa, THE ALFEE.
That's not even a sixth of all the Japanese artists I listen to either.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Caleb has gotten a ton of music from animes. I love how catchy the songs are, even if I have no clue what they are saying! I think my favorite artist would be Ayumi Hamasaki.

Cyrus Skyray

Gwladgarwr Tra Mad
With concern to J-pop / J-rock I tend only to get the songs (in their entirety, not the edited version they use for intros / endings) from the anime, and don't really look up any other songs made by said artists, although a favourite band of mine does do an intro / ending for a certain anime that I can't remember the name of, so I obviously have more of their songs.

Tom

Most of the songs I listen to are J-rock songs.
My favorite bands are -OZ-, DELUHI, Deathgaze, Kagerou, The Studs, Kagrra and Versailles. Versailles will come to my country in june <3 It will be awesome. My favorite J-rock songs are: Baby Play (DELUHI), Amends (Deathgaze), XII-Dizzy (Kagerou), Shizuku (The Studs), Kikoku Shuushuu (Kagrra), Baby Play (-OZ-) and Amorphous ( Versailles ).

As to J-pop and other 'J-stuff', my favorite artist would certainly be Kanon Wakeshima.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I don't listen to it as often any more, and when I did, had a lot more singles than full albums. Many of the artists were female pop singers (all the better to karaoke!) They included:

Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, Angela Aki, Ayaka, Ayaka Hirahara, Mai Kuraki, Yuna Ito, and Rie Fu. I actually got to see Rie Fu in concert, which was neat, even if I the only thing I understood was the English lyrics. :lol:

A single I really like is Ajico's Hadou (goes to a youtube video).

One of the only regular bands I listened to consistently was Spitz. They're primarily a 90s band but I still recommend them. Another sample, Hachimitsu (apparently also an anime song.)

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
~aweosme, jpop lovers~ i like Hey! Say! JUMP, Flow, NYC, NYC boys, and more~

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I love listening to J-pop and J-rock. I'm a big Aya Hirano fan. I love most of her songs! x3 A friend also got me into the band Abingdon Boy School.

I first got into J-pop a few years ago. I'd play all these random Japanese songs on DDR, and I always found them catchy. I love the song Love Shine by Riyu Kosaka. Jun and Naoki are my favourites that I found from DDR. I love their band Terra. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom