• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic If You Had Only One....

T

ToonLinkGaming

This may be a childish question, but it's a good one, and I think it would get some good replies too.

If you could have ANY Zelda title, and only that (with merchandise, console, controllers, ETC), which would you choose?

I've always thought this was a good question, as I have been asked this question myself. It was a very tough one to reply to, and come up with a legitimate response, was almost impossible. There are so many elements about each and every Zelda game that make them loveable classics, which makes the choice harder. I think I'd end up choosing any of the following;
- Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks.
These are the Zelda games that, to me, have the most replay value for their own reasons, and are the most enjoyable. Most of them are Toon Link games (as you could tell), which to me, make the Zelda series the greatest out there. They are challenging, memorable games that will be loved forever (by me at least).

So please, tell me; Which game would you choose, if you could only choose one?:)

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would choose Wind Waker, only because it was the first Zelda game I beat when I was little and because I find it to be amazing and entertaining.

My pick would be either Wind Waker (because of epic island exploration) or Majora's Mask (because of lots of side quests).

Fierce

Deity Link
Ocarina of Time. Even though Majora's Mask is my favorite... I'd still choose OOT again and again. It isn't that it was my first Zelda game, as my first Zelda was Zelda II: Adventure of Link for the NES... Nor was it because it was my second, which is A Link to the Past (JPN: Triforce of the Gods).

No, Ocarina of Time is, to me, the pinnacle of gaming. It's a revolution in a golden cart. It made the genre and perfected the genre all in one stroke of the Master Sword. The story is a 10, graphics (at the time) an 11, the music is everlasting in my memories (10), and the replay value... endless.

I've beaten the game at least thirty+ times and yet it never loses that feeling. I truly love OoT.

Majora's Mask. I have played it more times than any other Zelda and I can't get bored of it, when I start a new file I'm always excited, when I reach a dungeon or begin a quest I'm looking forward to it. Some other games that I play a lot I get tired of, but Majora's Mask is the one I never have.

I'd say A Link to the Past because I've heard it's one of the best Zelda's and I've never played it. I've already played all the 3D Zelda's but none of the 2D Zelda's. And ALttP is the one I find most appealing out of them.

Link to the Past for sure.

Its such a magical game.

The music is just wonderful.
So many wonderful weapons as well.

It is the first truly great Zelda game,its the one that made the series truly great.
It introduced many things for the first time like the lost woods,Kakariko village,death mountain.
Its got loads of levels 11 in all.
This is also the first Zeda game where you could time travel using the magic mirror.

For me still the Zelda game that all are measured up to.

You really must play this game azure sage.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
A Link to the Past. It's my favorite Zelda game as well as I have many awesome memories playing it when I was a kid as I was stumbling through the dungeons trying to find the boss and obtaining the pendants and crystals. It was also one of the first Zelda games I beat and not to mention it got me into gaming in general. The music in it holds a special place in my heart and I love the vibrant colors it has. I love nearly everything about this game. I <3 ALttP. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Link to the Past for sure.

Its such a magical game.

The music is just wonderful.
So many wonderful weapons as well.

It is the first truly great Zelda game,its the one that made the series truly great.
It introduced many things for the first time like the lost woods,Kakariko village,death mountain.
Its got loads of levels 11 in all.
This is also the first Zeda game where you could time travel using the magic mirror.

For me still the Zelda game that all are measured up to.

You really must play this game azure sage.

If I ever get the opportunity, I'll be sure to play it!^^

M

Makar14

I would choose Wind Wake. I would choose it because it was the first Zelda game I got, when I got it for Christmas in 2003. I also like all the unique parts of the game and it's my favorite Zelda game. :yes:

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Wow. I am very surprised that no one has said Twilight Princess yet. I surely cannot be the only one.

Twilight Princess, hands down. It was my first Zelda game and has never lost that amazing feeling of my first time in Hyrule. When I had first bought Twilight Princess, I had no idea what I was in for. I thought that it was simply another video game, not an adventure that I would remember for the rest of my life. I could go on and on, but I will stop myself from doing that.

Plus, I could play Twilight Princess over and over and never get tired of it. Some games can get really repetitive, but that would never happen to me with Twilight Princess. The storyline is absolutely amazing and can keep me entertained forever, and the gameplay just makes it all the better.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Wow I must be the only one to think that Phantom Hourglass is a great videogame. But I kinda hate it as a Zelda game. PH is the first Zelda game I got serious on and did speed runs. My record time still stands at 4 1/2 hours without glitching. It is simply a game I could never put down. Sadly I sold my DS because it barely worked. I was sad when I had to give up Phantom Hourglass but I plan on re-buying it when I get the chance. Although Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time, I can't do the speed runs because it's kinda long. I think that Twilight Princess had the hardest dungeons in any Zelda game, IMO. OoT had a great story line, but lacks extra something that Majora's Mask had. (plus MM had better graphics than OoT) ALttP is the best Zelda game out there, but to me it lacks replay value, which is important to me in any videogame. Zelda II: Adventure of Link and the original would be to boring due to a lack of a story in the game. I have never played WW so I can't criticize it. I never beat MC, but from what I have played of it I can see myself playing that game again and again and again. ST I have played somewhat, and it was kinda weird. The story was funny, but not epic like the other Zelda games I've played and grew to love. The oracle games, I won't replay anytime soon because to me they are side stories and I don't love them like I used to. LA I haven't played, but I saw the walkthrough on ZD. It seems fun but also lacking the something special the Phantom Hourglass had. In short I would pick Phantom Hourglass. Even though Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom