• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Can't Be The Only One Who Doesn't Hate Tingle Can I?

There seems to be a lot of people who think Tingle is creepy or annoying.
I think he's a great character to the series. I enjoyed finding him in various places in MM, and I liked his cameo in WW.
Why so much Tingle hate people?

I agree and disagree at the same time.

I LOVE Tingle in MM. I thought he was a great character.

Tingle in WW was OK, but I hate how much he charged to decipher maps and I think he was a lot more creepy and even malevolent in WW. I mean he had like slaves on his island turning that tower in a circle.

And what was he in jail for anyways?

Anyone notice in that one of the secret rooms which Tingle carved out in his attempt to escape that there are skulls there? If he was the only one there...Well you can put that together!

HE IS EVIL IN WW.......................HE WAS IN JAIL, AND LINK WAS JUST LIKE "U know, lets break a criminal out........"AND AFTER THAT HE MAKES U PAY TO DECIPHER...........THAT ARROGANT (*****)

Ive always liked Tingle. I firtst met him in MM, and thought he was funny. He was pretty ugly in WW though, but he is kind of cool. (cant remember if he is in Oot)

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
Tingle is an example of an adult who thinks he is a kid. Think about it, if Tingle were 8 or 9 he would not be nearly as creepy. He is an interesting character that was created "outside the box". I did not like him much, but he gave the games a strange kind of charm. Zelda would not be the same without him.

Tingle was alright in MM I guess but in WW there's a whole different story behind him and he is creepy as well.

I absolutely adore Tingle, he is literally one of my favourite characters. I'm disappointed that all of his own games have not been translated and localized. I don't think he's as creepy as he is amusing and quirky.

I find him creepy for sure. I wouldn't call it hate though. That's a strong term. I think he is just one of those characters that didn't translate well for me. From what I understand he is a more popular character in Japan.

IndigoRose

Princess of Awesome!!!
I love Tingle because of how absolutely STUPID he is! :D I know he's a big hit in Japan because of that and I agree: it's so stupid that he's 35 and dressed in green spandex, enslaving his family members, and floats around in a balloon! LOL I just think it's funny! Although it's ridiculous how much he charges for the Triforce Charts in WW; that made me temporarily hate him when I was at that part.

H

HyperKnux

Why would anybody hate tingle? He made you MAPS, he gave you the tingle tuner which allowed you do lots of cool stuff (minus the bomb spamming), and he helped you find the Triforce of Courage! I think he's really under-appreciated...

I liked tingle quite a lot. I always find the weirder characters more interesting. Zelda wouldn't be the same without them. Although I did hate the price Tingle put on the map translating in Wind Waker. However, despite is creepiness, he is a very useful guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom