• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Do You Rank Zelda Amongst Other Series'?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know we're on a Zelda forum and all, but I'm sure most of us aren't fixed on just one series. Even looking at the general gaming section, I can see that on this forum alone, we have a wide variety of different gamers.

So I'm sure we're all pretty big on the Legend of Zelda series right? Well how would you rank it amongst gaming in general? Also how does it match up to some of your preferred series' in the gaming world?

Big Octo

=^)
I used to have this view that all Zelda games were augmented above other games. That is, until I did some self review with many of the beloved titles, as well as some other games. Now I don't give the series any special treatment. Don't get me wrong, the quality still stands out, but I still believe that there are some games better than certain Zelda titles. The franchise cannot be perfect in every regard, of course.

In both cases, though, Zelda games remain high on my list of top video games I have played. I cannot deny the quality of the series in the same way I cannot deny the quality of other games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kingdom Hearts > Zelda = Fire Emblem > Mario > everything else as far as I'm concerned.

I don't have an exact rating atm.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Zelda games are high on my list of series, though not the highest. For me Metroid=Fire Emblem and then comes Zelda, very close behind. After that, comes Pokemon, Marvel vs. Capcom games, and Megaman.

Metroid=Fire Emblem > Zelda > Pokemon > Marvel vs. Capcom games > Megaman

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I rank the Zelda franchise on the top of my list. There are other games and franchises that interest me, but I'm usually more interested in Zelda titles. I'm not only limiting myself to Zelda games though. I'm just not interested in a lot of games outside Zelda and other Nintendo franchises, especially with the amount of FPSs being released nowadays.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Zelda games rate exceedingly high for me...but the series as a whole is dangerously unstable and I worry for its health.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I used to rank it as one of the highest, and I still love it, but the same old stuff has made it sink a bit, in recent years. They're still quality games every time and I'll always have fun with a Zelda title, but the excitement is gone when I can guess exactly what the game is going to be. Same old formula. It's why Aonuma saying he wants to change the formula has perked up my ears that bit more for Zelda U, but how much the formula is changed I guess we've yet to see. But really, I haven't been wowed in years by Zelda, whereas reveals for stuff like Witcher 3 and The Last of Us just about had me throwing money at my screen.

As for how it ranks among my favourite franchises, urrr... still quite high. I more just have everything on different levels really. Deus Ex, Half Life and Counter-Strike are at the top of the pyramid, and System Shock, Battlefield, Thief, Portal, and L4D are at the second tier. I'd say Zelda is there in the third tier atm, along with stuff like Dawn of War, Team Fortress, and XCOM.

Currently, pretty damn low, from OoT - TP i was all for it bar some instalments i could sidestep but now, its more crap than good and its not getting any better, and i dont think it'll take one good instalment to bring it back either, its going to have to be consistently brilliant for a while to get back to where i once held it in regards to everything else.

Right now if i had a top ten video game series it'd be somewhere outside the top 5 and probably closer to dead last.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I put it at the top, beating out Smash bros, Pokemon, and Mario for my affections. It's just so brilliantly crafted. The gameplay, lore, feel, and fun are unstoppable. Most other franchises are simply not enjoyable enough or too small to beat out Zelda's epic run.

MW7

Zelda trumps everything for me. My other favorite series would be Professor Layton, Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie, Pokemon, Mario, and Hitman. Zelda is the only series that I closely follow and anticipate releases anymore.

Based on the number of quality hours I have spent playing these games, I rank my favorite series as follows:

1. Zelda
2. Mario
3. Final Fantasy
4. Metroid
5. Call of Duty
6. Guitar Hero
7. Super Mario Kart

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Based on the number of quality hours I have spent playing these games, I rank my favorite series as follows:

If we're basing it on quality time spent with the series...man.

CoD > Zelda > Kingdom Hearts > Final Fantasy (purely XII) Sonic > Fire Emblem > Star Ocean (3 and TLH) > a lot of other stuff > Battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom