• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Steve

5/19/13
I don't recall this, but it's a good find. I would like to point out that this doesn't say that ALL of the Gerudos were sentenced to death. It just says the criminals of the Gerudo Desert, and, if you recall, there was at least one Gerudo who HATED Ganondorf and she ended up becoming a sage. Who's to say that there aren't other Gerudos like her?

Further than that, the Gerudos are not criminals in their society, only to the Hylians, and considering it was probable that the Gerudos ran the Arbiter's Grounds, I doubt they'd all be executed.

V

voltarrow

gerudo aren't twili a all. 2 reasons. 1st Midna is awoman and gerudos' king can only be a man, and 2nd if u noticed, at the palace of twilight u can see male twili

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
About the whole they disappeared thing maybe jabu jabu went to the desert to appease it's monster appitite and ate the entire gerudo race:sick:... but seriously maybe they were wiped out by a plague. Maybe the royal family thought that if they sentenced their leader to death then they would try to revolt against them for killing ganny so they sentenced the entire race to death too. Maybe in another 20 years or so nintendo will tell us.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
About the whole they disappeared thing maybe jabu jabu went to the desert to appease it's monster appitite and ate the entire gerudo race:sick:... but seriously maybe they were wiped out by a plague. Maybe the royal family thought that if they sentenced their leader to death then they would try to revolt against them for killing ganny so they sentenced the entire race to death too. Maybe in another 20 years or so nintendo will tell us.

You forget that the second in command, Nabooru, hates Ganon/dorf, and there is virtually no way that the Gerudo would revolt because their new leader wouldn't allow it. She would probably rejoice.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You forget that the second in command, Nabooru, hates Ganon/dorf, and there is virtually no way that the Gerudo would revolt because their new leader wouldn't allow it. She would probably rejoice.

Yes but while nabooru aka the sage of spirit does indeed hate ganny her fellow gerudos don't. In fact the other gerudos love ganny. Plus in the child timeline nabooru is probably still brainwashed by twinrova so thinking that it is what nabooru would do her fellow gerudos would revolt. It's simple really. And even if nabooru wasn't brainwashed there would still be a high chance of them revolting against the royal family as ganny was their beloved leader nabooru aside and they would simply ignore or kill nabooru if she said not to revolt. It's simple calculations jeaves.

gerudo aren't twili a all. 2 reasons. 1st Midna is awoman and gerudos' king can only be a man, and 2nd if u noticed, at the palace of twilight u can see male twili

Ganondorf is a male and was the king of the Gerudo and also the Twili in TP. Zant was a false king. So? One male is born every hundred years. And we know that the Gerudo have long life spans.

technically midna was the Princess, meaning that when Ganondorf "died" (this is not the time to discuss this) midna was the heir to the throne.

Zarom

The King

No, the man that is born every hundred years in the Gerudos is destined to become the king of Gerudos, so Zant has to be the king, but his people just don't let him be theirs, so Zant cries and then see his god (Ganondorf). Then, Ganondorf grants him powers to be able to rule the other Twilis... it's all said in the story of Twilight Princess! :D

And they aren't other males in the Twilight Realm. They don't look like males and they don't look like females either, so who knows what they really are?

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think we can compare and contrast Midna and the other Twili to realize that their forms are so different that the other Twili must be male. The only real way to go against this would be to say that they are all morbidly obeese, but this would be an American answer to a Hylian problem, and wouldn't fit. However, to be fair, there is significant in-game evidence that would go against this, but, it is possible that the effects of the Twilight Realm could cause all the males to be born constantly, and one woman every 100 years. But this is just speculation.

technically midna was the Princess, meaning that when Ganondorf "died" (this is not the time to discuss this) midna was the heir to the throne.

Maybe someone needs to learn about the birds and the bees?

And Ganon never truly dies.

Zarom

The King
Maybe someone needs to learn about the birds and the bees?

And Ganon never truly dies.

Ganon can die, like in LOZ and then in AOL, his minions wants to use Link's blood to revive him. So, he can die but he can also be resurrected. :ganondorf:

Midna says that she is a descendant of the tribe that was banished into the Twilight Realm. So, why are they no Gerudos in the Desert? And why the Mirror of Twilight is in the Gerudo Desert? I'll tell you. That is because the Gerudos ARE the Twilis. If not, then what is the tribe who was banished into this realm? And the Twilis looks like Gerudos (color of the hair) and Zant has the Gerudo's symbol on his clothes. Do you need other prooves?

Uhm, yeah that is why I said he never TRULY dies. And huh, yeah read my previous posts on why I think the Gerudo are the Twili.

I agree with the statements that I have read in Chrono's earlier posts. I think there is a large amount of evidence in the favour of the Gerudo being the Twili. Here is why I think they are:

In a quote by Midna she says about how got power that was once known to their tribe. If he gets his power from Ganondorf who 100 years ago was the only male born to the Gerudo then that implies that they were once the Gerudo. Their tribe would have known about this power from when Ganondorf was taking over Hyrule 100 years before TP.

The next is that the only Portal to the Twilight Realm is in the Gerudo Mesa, The homeland of the Gerudo's. There is no other sign of anything to suggest that the Gerudo's fortress was detroyed or in another part of the desert.

The Gerudo tribe could have been sent to the Twili realm after Zelda found out that it was a Gerudo that was plotting to over throw her father the King (this is after the battle with Ganon in the cutscene). I'm sure was can be considered as Treason is more than enough to get them sent there.

These are just a few reason, there are more but I lack the time at the minute and can't think of the others.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ganondorf is a male and was the king of the Gerudo and also the Twili in TP. Zant was a false king. So? One male is born every hundred years. And we know that the Gerudo have long life spans.

Who's to say they aren't? If the gerudo are indeed the twili as i believe then they probably adapted to give birth to males more often and established a royal family to and the eldest child in each generation is the next heir/heiress to the throne. Simple.

Yes but while nabooru aka the sage of spirit does indeed hate ganny her fellow gerudos don't. In fact the other gerudos love ganny. Plus in the child timeline nabooru is probably still brainwashed by twinrova so thinking that it is what nabooru would do her fellow gerudos would revolt. It's simple really. And even if nabooru wasn't brainwashed there would still be a high chance of them revolting against the royal family as ganny was their beloved leader nabooru aside and they would simply ignore or kill nabooru if she said not to revolt. It's simple calculations jeaves.

In the CT, Link was sent back before he had done any adventuring. Nabooru still has free will, and probably still hates Ganondorf. She never became a sage. End of Story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom