• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

D

DeepSlackerJazz

Well played Zemen and Darklink.
Just a thought that popped up while going through some of these theories, lots to catch up on.

:)

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
The reason the Gerudo survived is that it said somewhere on a gossip stone that they find boyfriends in castle town so I suppose they have babies that almost never are boys.

First of all, in MM they never say that the women in the pirate fortress are actually gerudo. they just look like gerudo because nintendo didn't feel like designing new characters.

When it comes to reproduction, i don't think that they reproduce like humans do. It might be something stork-ish, but spiced up by involving the gods bringing the babies or something. I don't think that they fornicate with people in other towns becuase that would 'dirty' their race. Maybe they reproduce with mitosis, so there doesn't have to be fertilization?

I think that maybe they decided that they should evolve into hylians? That way they could preserve both races during the flood.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Hmm... I really didn't notice. But you make a good point. Maybe they were found of Hyrule and treasure and then died off. o_O

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
I believe that the Gerudos do give birth to males, but the males almost always are human, so they are deemed unworthy to become king. I guess hat the gerudo male gene is just so weak that the hylian male gene or gerudo female or Hylian female gene completely overrides it when they fornicate with/ rape their Gerudo boyfriends.

Thats right I said hylian female. I believe Malon could be half Gerudo after reading this one theory. First of all theres the red hair which is an extremely common Gerudo trait. Then theres the whole , Malons mom is missing, deal but it never specified whether she actuelly died or not. Now i never read the complete details regarding this theory but Talon seems to be a bit too ecited when he says that you looked like his wife when you put on the gerudo mask and talked to him......

Im guessing that there was this Gerudo woman that got with Talon and either A) Married him just so that she can have a kid with him and then left when it wasnt a Geruo , or :cool: actuelly fell in ove with him and then married him but then died of unkown causes before links adventure started.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
There something I just realized. All the females look the same. So my guess is they were cloned, its probably impossible for that long ago but it may be a clue to the answer.;)

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'm pretty certain that the Gerudos breed the good ol' fashioned human way. This evidence is supported by a Gossip Stone that tells you that the Gerudos go to Castle Town to pick boyfriends (yes I know this has been said like 396903469438 times before, but I think it just needed saying before.) I'm certain that Gerudos aren't Cloned. That would require some sort of technology which is only just coming to light in the modern world. It's use in a game set in medievil times would be... very silly.

I also think it is very unlikely there is any kind of stork involved. If there were a Stork, there would be no reason as to why there was only ever 1 male born every 100 years.

However, I have just thought of a mild theory. It is probably stupid though as I am very tired. What if, the Gerudos go to Castle Town, and mate. Then when the baby is born, they take it back with them, and perform some sort of 'initiation' to make it a Gerudo. IF one male is 'Born' a year, maybe they consider their 'birth' as a Gerudo their initiation. This way, no males would be 'born' until the last male (their current king) is dead. This is because the king would not chose ANY males to be initiated as if some males were, there would be a chance that they would steal his throne. So, what I am basically getting at here, is what if the Gerudos use the term, 'Born' technically, as oppose to literally?

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I used to wonder why the Gerudos only have a malwe once every 100 years but I think the gossip stone makes it pretty clear. The Gerudos go to the castle and get fertile. The baby is always a girl. Its that simple.
Just once every 100 years is it a boy, but all the others are girls who grow up and repeat the cycle.

As for cloning, did anyone notice that all zoras, Gorons, Zuna, Those Ninja guys in Ikana, Tokey, Subrosian, and Deku look the same (with a few exceptions)? We don't believe them to be cloned. So why would the gerudo be cloned? Its just another example of Nintendo being lazy.

I never thought of Malon being Gerudo, but I think your probably right. However, about her red hair, I don't think that thats good evidence because Talosn also had red hair. But everything else seemed correct.

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Really? Wow i cant believe i missed that..... And i was so sure his hair was black...
Are you sure you're talking about Talon?

Anyway , do you guys think its possible that a gerudo can have a male, but its always a hylian and every 100 it turns out to be Gerudo?

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Really? Wow i cant believe i missed that..... And i was so sure his hair was black...
Are you sure you're talking about Talon?

Anyway , do you guys think its possible that a gerudo can have a male, but its always a hylian and every 100 it turns out to be Gerudo?

Well, if a male is born every 100 years then no matter what, that male won't be a full Gerudo, hell he can have black hair due to the genes of the Hylian male that the Gerudo took to get them pregnant in the first place. Perhaps they're raised up to be Gerudo but seeing as how the Gerudo can't possibly have children with the one male that is born then that makes me think that the entire clan is not full Gerudo, there is always a bit of Hylian thrown in because of the males that the Gerudo chose to be with.

Also, one can think that perhaps the Gerudo males have unaturally long life, because of that wasn't the case then that means that the women would be having the child with an extremly old man.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Well, if a male is born every 100 years then no matter what, that male won't be a full Gerudo, hell he can have black hair due to the genes of the Hylian male that the Gerudo took to get them pregnant in the first place. Perhaps they're raised up to be Gerudo but seeing as how the Gerudo can't possibly have children with the one male that is born then that makes me think that the entire clan is not full Gerudo, there is always a bit of Hylian thrown in because of the males that the Gerudo chose to be with.

Also, one can think that perhaps the Gerudo males have unaturally long life, because of that wasn't the case then that means that the women would be having the child with an extremly old man.

Seriously. There is absolutely NO way that Talon can be a Gerudo. I can prove this with one simple fact. "1 male Gerudo is born every 100 years." Figured it out yet? Ganondorf is a male Gerudo and he and Talon are alive at the same time so there is absolutely no way that they can both be Gerudo.

Also, you say 'seeing as how the Gerudo can't possibly have children with the one male that is born.' Why? Of course they can. There is no evidence at all to suggest that the one male isn't the father of all the other Gerudos. You think it wouldn't be possible for him to impregnate all these women? You are very wrong. Who says he has to do it all at once? Also, there is nothing to suggest that Gerudo's even mate the same way humans do.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
Seriously. There is absolutely NO way that Talon can be a Gerudo. I can prove this with one simple fact. "1 male Gerudo is born every 100 years." Figured it out yet? Ganondorf is a male Gerudo and he and Talon are alive at the same time so there is absolutely no way that they can both be Gerudo.

Also, you say 'seeing as how the Gerudo can't possibly have children with the one male that is born.' Why? Of course they can. There is no evidence at all to suggest that the one male isn't the father of all the other Gerudos. You think it wouldn't be possible for him to impregnate all these women? You are very wrong. Who says he has to do it all at once? Also, there is nothing to suggest that Gerudo's even mate the same way humans do.

Sure they can sleep with the one male, but what I mainly mean is that for the one male to be born from the previous male into the clan, the one they sleep with has to be very old, which is why I said they might have longer lives.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Idealistically, if this were to happen in the real world, I'm pretty sure they would have a sperm bank. I know it's a bit of a mature subject, but I'm thinking logically here. I'm sure they would want to keep their race as pure as can be, and that would be the only way. Unless, there is just something biological about it. Like one female being born every hundred years with the ability to reproduce. Then again, the population would dwindle this way. It really is complicated. I guess one of their only option to not become extinct is to mate with Hylians.... which brings another thought to my mind. Maybe they actually did become extinct, seeing as they are completely absent in Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom