• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gerudo

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't see how it would go against it. I mean, their not just gonna throw all of the right info into your hands just like that, ya know.

But the game was made quite a while ago. You really think they waited ten years to tell us that the Gerudo males aren't born every 100 years but are only allowed to live every 100 years? It's very irrelevant to the recent games seeing as how the Gerudo all appear to be gone in newer games.

I don't really go with your theory as why would teh gerudo behave that way, but the idea of killing (or somehow gettiung rid of) all males before every 100 years, doesn't sound that off to me. That is of course, out of the so called reply of "It is just a game" and trying to find a more human grounded explanation.

If this was the case, do you think the male allowed to live would be for being the first male born of certain set date? Or do you think it follows some bloodline. Like the male out of X family of the Gerudos? =P

This talk gets me pumped like for a fanfiction focusing through the Gerudo tribe, teehee.

Zemen125 is right - it makes no sense to kill all males with the exception of one. If they hated men that much, they would kill every male born into their tribe. Also, they wouldn't let a man rule over them, either. Judging by that, maybe they hate all men with the exception of their own (and Link, of course, since he earned their respect).

Your reasoning behind this is interesting, and there are a few facts to back it up. Majora's Mask could well have originated in Hyrule, since the Happy Mask Salesman has it, and the Gerudos could have come from Termina through the hidden passage to Hyrule and then sealed it away (if they created the mask in Termina).

But here's what busts this theory - at this point in the timeline, the Gerudos were still around, and their presence was known in Hyrule. They had not disappeared yet. The HMS said in MM that the ancient tribe had vanished, but he would have known of the Gerudos, since he comes from Hyrule.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
i don't really get it, the ledgend in the games says that ONLY ONE MALE is born every 100 years. so if there were alot of males, why kill all but 1. if they hated males wouldnt they kill all the males in their tribe?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I dont agree with this theory, however, everyone is missing something very very obvious. People are asking the question 'Why keep one male alive?' Isn't the answer obvious? Last time I checked Lesbian conception was impossible. They would need the males to breed and keep the tribe going.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
thats a joke right? the gerudo become the twili? Pfffft whatever. heres why there not: if they were the same tribe (which they're not) why does ganondorf appear to zant via cut scene in his gerudo form, wouldn't he have changed into a twili seeing as he was the first to get thrown into the TR, but oh wait that's right gerudo aren't twili. Silly me i forgot.

second how does a gerudo lose their tan? They don't cause they live in a dessert.

third even for that little castle of a dungeon in the TR there are just two many male twili.

and concerning the birth of male gerudo... i was under the impression that they either killed the males who were born under a gerudo kings rule or they used sorcery, because we are told that ganondorf is a wicked sorcerer thief demon bad dude by the ole deku tree in oot, some gerudo just have magic i guess. for example koume and kotake (i think thats their names...)

however gerudo magic is NOT the same as twili magic

i thought that the twili had been around for a long time... and that their banishment went back to the days of hyrule creation.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I opened a thread and it got closed and I was redirected to this, so here's what it said:

I was thinking just now, and I realised there has been alot of debate as to WHY there are no gerudos in Twilight Princess. Well, it just occured to me, what if, the males 'born' every 100 years are there for the simple purpose of breeding? They are then made King as this gives them a reason to have children (without a reason, at one point one male could say, 'Why should I? What's in it for me?) Now. The reason that there are no Gerudo's in TP, I think is because Ganondorf is killed in OoT on the CT. He is then 'Reborn' with the ToP. Now, he would have no more need to be the king of the Gerudos, he therefore has no reason to honour his promise to breed with them. No more Gerudo's are born and they all die out, one by one. I think, this is the reason that the Arbiter's grounds are desserted in TP.

^Exactly! I don't buy the Gerudo hate towards males, I think it would be more of a tribe tradition they have been carrying around for centuries, more like a paradigm.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I do think we can assume that men are disliked:

Gerudo: "I've seen your fine work. To get past the guards here, you must have good thieving skills. I used to think that all men, besides the great Ganondorf, were useless...but now that I've seen you, I don't think so anymore!"

I think that if one of the Gerudo expresses these feelings towards males, we can assume that an entire tribe of female-only thieves would have similar feelings. However, I doubt they'd kill off male Gerudo born into the tribe because of those feelings.

Nabooru: "A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists only of women. Only one man is born every hundred years... Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudos, I'll never bow to such an evil man!"

So, we know for a fact that only one man is born every hundred years. It's very possible, though, that other males would be born of interracial families seeing that Gerudo women would seek Hylian boyfriends.

So how does the Gerudo tribe live? Perhaps Ganondorf has multiple wives. Perhaps they have longer lifespans than other tribes. Or maybe this 1 male/century is a possible reason why we don't see them in later parts of either side of the timeline.

In any case, we know that Gerudo dislike men and only one is born per century, and their laws say that he must become king.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
They would need the males to breed and keep the tribe going.

There is a gossip stone in the game that says that Gerudo woman often go down to villages to find boyfriends. This is an obvious indication that they don't mate with other Gerudo.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yes, and I think that we can kill this discussion here, because Zerudo posted the quote that pretty much kills herosdescendant's theory.
Even if that quote wasn't shown, the theory would still be highly doubtful, because there was never a single piece of evidence hinting towards it.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Yes, and I think that we can kill this discussion here, because Zerudo posted the quote that pretty much kills herosdescendant's theory.
Even if that quote wasn't shown, the theory would still be highly doubtful, because there was never a single piece of evidence hinting towards it.

Exactly. The quote that Zeruda displayed specifically said that one male was born every 100 years. That means physically extracted from a womb. Not that one male was allowed to live every 100 years. Argument/Theory/Discussion over.

D

DeepSlackerJazz

A Goron/Gerudo Theory

Hey guys,

How's it swingin? First off I'd like to say that I'm a long time franchise fan (first game was ALttP) and absolutely love how everyone here is so fanatical.
Up until just yesterday I had only played the games and thoroughly enjoyed them, not thinking twice about timelines or theories or anything of the kind. Stumbling upon this forum has renewed an excitement in me comparable to first laying eyes on OoT's "press start" screen. haha. Anywho, I digress.

I have some two cents to put in on the whole Gerudo theory. I think that the Gerudo, for whatever reason, most likely their disdain for men, decided to put a curse on all males of their race that were not chosen to be the lucky winner of the century. The curse involves the boy turning to stone and being banished to Death Mountain for the rest of his years. I believe that all Gorons are cursed and banished males of the Gerudo tribe. If you think about it you never see a female Goron in any of the franchise games. Also this makes sense as to why there are so few Gorons in WW wandering the Great Sea as tradesmen. Also, and this is slightly insignificant, Gerudo and Goron are slightly similar names however Goron, is like Moron a clever trick the Gerudos might have thought of Gerudo-Moron-Goron?

Anyway. Let me know what ya'll think. Working on a timeline but it is hard to wade through all the speculation.

(regarding DeepSlackerJazz's post)

Welcome. You can post your introduction thread here:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

That's quite a theory you have. Its pretty unique, I'll give it that. However, the game clearly states (as you'll read in the many posts above) that one male is born every 100 years. Zemen put it pretty good in saying that this is meant literally, and not that only one is allowed to live. The Gerudo actually only birth one single male every 100 years. This would be impossible in the real world of course, so I know its easy to try and come up with a better way for this tale to work. But its Zelda, and things work quite different from the real world. Thus, one male every hundred years means one male every hundred years.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
If you think about it you never see a female Goron in any of the franchise games.

There is actually a thread in the mystery section that talks about the lack of female Gorons.

What we came up with was that we actually are not 100% sure that we haven't seen a female Goron. What if the females look exactly like the males? For all we know, they are just so similar that we don't notice.

Also, in MM, there is a baby Goron which means that Gorons are born (or somehow created) which would rule out the idea of them being discarded male Gerudo seeing as how the Gerudo in MM don't appear to be connected to the Gerudo in OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom