• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future weapons!!

• Thread starter God Of Lightning
  • Start date

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
I'm not too sure about future items, but I do like how that fan in the ST trailer is coming along. I would like to see Link be able to wield 2 swords at once, imagine the moves & combos you could pull off!

I would like to see a couple of things return though, such as the Biggoron Sword, the magic rods, the magic meter, the mirror shield, up-gradeable swords, the fire & ice arrows and spells like in OoT. I also like that idea of the switchshot/dualshot, where you can switch between the hookshot and the clawshot. Another good idea is to give the Triforce of Courage some power as well. An attack could be like the final smash in SSBB, where it's a devestating attack but it completely drains your magic meter.

As long as we don't see guns or things along that modern line, The Legend of Zelda will be fine.

G

gerudo goyo

Here's an idea for a fresh new weapon. How about have a spear or a staff that can be used for fighting and it also allows you to vault over crevices and gaps.

Any other original ideas?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
deffinately a spear. i think you should be aloud to carry up to 5. and you can buy refills from shops. i think they should make it a close combat weapon so you can fight with it against enemies. but also, you should be able to throw it, use it as a long distance weapon. this i swhy you would need several. but i think after you throw it, it shouldnt disappear you should be able to collect it where you left it. Also as geurodo goyo said you could use it early on for vaulting and such. would be a wicked cool item.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i think it would be sweet to have main weapons other than a sword and shield. how about having like a spear, many kinds of swords, a staff, axe, etc...

ultimately, when you get to the point where you find a legendary weapon, you could have a choice. you can pick the master sword or the master staff or the master axe or the master spear and each would have special abilities unique to that weapon.

hsb39

Why so logical?
i think it would be sweet to have main weapons other than a sword and shield. how about having like a spear, many kinds of swords, a staff, axe, etc...

ultimately, when you get to the point where you find a legendary weapon, you could have a choice. you can pick the master sword or the master staff or the master axe or the master spear and each would have special abilities unique to that weapon.

I like the idea of including other weapons like spears and axes, but I certainly don't think that they should be replacing the sword, the sword should still be the main weapon.

G

gerudo goyo

deffinately a spear. i think they should make it a close combat weapon so you can fight with it against enemies. but also, you should be able to throw it, use it as a long distance weapon. this i swhy you would need several. but i think after you throw it, it shouldnt disappear you should be able to collect it where you left it. Also as geurodo goyo said you could use it early on for vaulting and such. would be a wicked cool item.

They had something like that in Wind Waker. You could pick up the Moblins' spears and either use them for close combat or throw them. But like we both said, I think it would be cool if it had a practical use as well, such as vaulting over small gaps early on in the game.

hsb39

Why so logical?
They had something like that in Wind Waker. You could pick up the Moblins' spears and either use them for close combat or throw them. But like we both said, I think it would be cool if it had a practical use as well, such as vaulting over small gaps early on in the game.

Yeah, I'd love to see a weapon like that be permanent.

Well, in Spirit Tracks (according to what I've seen on the Nintendo Channel trailer) you can see a button at the bottom of the DS touch screen with Link's face on it and the stylus was guiding a Phantom knight so they're must be an item of some sort that Link uses to control it.

Other than that, I think the tomahawk should come back.

S

supergoron97

You should be able to combine a boomerang with bombs, and be able to use hand to hand combat against enemies, imagine punching Ganondorf in the face. plus, you should have a whip, finally, you should get throwing axes

N

Notemo

I agree on the "no guns". Maybe something new for wolf combat if they ever bring it back :/

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I would not like to see Link with a spear. When I think of spears and fantasy-medieval games, I think of horse/pegasus knights. Link may use a horse in some games, but he is certainly not to type to ride it in all missions. His sword is practical.

The hookshot got upgraded to longshot and then to double claw shot. What's another popular weapon? The bow and arrow. Thanks to Link's Crossbow Training, I think it's safe to assume that use of a crossbow will one day be implemented into TLoZ.

Bombchus have become more popular, so I think we can also expect an upgrade on those as well. Maybe something similar to a mine, just not so advanced. Maybe a heat-seaking bombchu. You never know.

I do think that being able to take your enemies' weapons should be brought back. That was awesome. I also think that magic should be brought back. In OoT, it'd have been cool if the medallions gave you an ability.... kinda like Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love did. I think something like that should be implemented in future games.

I think hand-to-hand combat of some sort should be implemented. Hitting an enemy with your fist or the butt of your sword would be neat. Already in TP we could use the shield to knock back foes... it should be developed some more. If the shield isn't equipped, Link should be able to punch somebody, or even kick them.

I do know that I would not like to see a return of transformations. I do not like that, not a single bit.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
If there would be a future weapon in a future i game i hope to see a some new combos like the lens of truth with bomb arrows or an new item i would like to call, Garo's Garb, it's effect would be to make you fast in attacking and retreating. it also drains some magic in use. :cool:

I really don't want to see an almighty attack using the Triforce of Courage like someone else said above, I would mind seeing Link being able to fight with a Mace or for them to bring back the Biggoron Sword. I also wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the Magic Meter and Magic Arrows from Ocarina of Time.

I don't want to see Link being able to use a spear unless it is like that out of the game Spartan: Total Warrior well instead of your average Spear that had a little pointed metal head on the top but with the is 2 large blade's on either side.

I also read up above about maybe that Nintendo could make it so that you could hit enemies with the hilt of your sword before then being able to attack them with your sword.

One Idea I would like to see is being able to slice into your enemy with the edge of your shield, It has the sharp tip at the bottom, I think that that could do a fair amount of damage, Maybe hitting them in the head with you Hilt of your Sword then being able to swing your shield so that the tip on the bottom could slice into their chest.

Well, I think I want certain items back rather than new ones. Like the Tomahawk. But the only NEW item I can think of is a malice or axe.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Well, I think I want certain items back rather than new ones. Like the Tomahawk. But the only NEW item I can think of is a malice or axe.

I must note that some of the best new weapons, I would have never thought of... like the spinner, it wasn't needed as much as I would have liked, but I thought that it was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom