• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Favourite Classic Zelda Game

Favourite Classic Zelda Game

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to The Past

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Total voters

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Hey guys! What is your favourite classic Zelda Game? Ocarina of Time, A Link to The Past, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, or Majora's Mask?
Why is your choice your favourite classic? Better graphics? More nostalgia or gameplay?
Was it your favorite game as a child or was it your first?
YOU DECIDE!

I have to say that Ocarina of Time is my favorite. It was my first Zelda game and got me hooked to the series. Fantastic story, epic feel, great music and the game really embodies the spirit of the Legend Of Zelda series. Thats why it is hands down my favorite!

Last edited:
When I was originally choosing my favorite Legend of Zelda game, it was hard to choose between the original and A Link to the Past. I went with A Link to the Past only because it's my favorite and I like the bosses.

You can't beat to original Zelda! I'm still trying to beat hard mode. And hard mode is hard!
I don't know if everyone know's or not, but make a new game, press regiser, the name is Zelda, and there you go, you're playing hard mode

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Ocarina of Time!! Epic game, and it was also the first I owned as a kid. I had played ALttP with a friend together before OoT, but didn't own ALttP until I had it for GBA.

Djinn

and Tonic
I still think ALTTP did the best job creating a perfect well rounded adventure with just the right epic story to make it the classic Zelda.

No part of it ever seemed like it was a chore to get through, while most other sequels had at least one or two dungeons that everyone hated to have to suffer through. With a few items that were useless outside of the dungeons they were found in. I found a use for basically every item found in ALTTP. Plus it evenly matched puzzle solving and combat. The early 2D Zeldas were very combat heavy and added challenge by filling a room with as many enemies as humanly possible, while the 3D games would go light on the enemies and have puzzle after puzzle sometimes making the dungeon boring to play.

I also think the story of ALTTP was the right traditional story for a fantasy epic to make it a classic. The peasant youth taking it upon himself to help a princess in need and eventually getting himself involved in a much larger story involving the power of the gods, a magical world only rumored to exist, a long forgotten sword of legend, and an ancient evil looking to invade the kingdom and conquer the world after thousands of years of imprisonment.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
For my favorite classic game, I would probably have to go with Ocarina of Time. Now before I explain why, I want to mention that favorite Zelda game, and best Zelda game mean different things for me. A Link to the Past would have to be the best Zelda game, as it had the first good use and interactive overworld, set up the major formula for future generation Zeldas, and was just a great game and was ahead of its time in different aspects.

Ocarina of Time, to me, seems very similar to A Link to the Past. This is probably the game where one can most obviously see the ALttP formula used directly. The plots of the two games were very similar: ALttP had you save the descendants of Sages after collecting the Master Sword, while OoT had you save various Sages after collecting the Master Sword. In my opinion, OoT had better dungeons, ones that were more enjoyable to play through, not necessarily harder than the ones in ALttP. OoT also had more interaction of what to do in between dungeons, and it was not the straight and direct dungeon to dungeon format as it was in ALttP. OoT also had more sidequests, which could add to its replay value, and this makes it more appealing for others to play the game again. It also had a musical instrument, which turned out to be quite important in the series after Link's Awakening, while ALttP's flute did not have you play different melodies. I do however say that the items in ALttP beat OoT's item selection.

For these reasons, I believe that Ocarina of Time is a more favorable game for me that A Link to the Past.

What about Link's Awakening? I voted for MM because it's easily the most different zelda game, and had a lot of great music and the funnest gameplay. I've said this all many times but it's my favorite zelda game ( with WW being a dreadfully close second ) My second choice for classics would be Zelda 2 since it was the funnest of the classics in my opinion.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Majora's Mask hands down
This game was the closest thing to perfection until WW came out xD
Why?
Music was awesome, and created some great feeling sometimes, like the song of healing and the final hours
Characters were amazingly well developed, they reactioned to everything that was going on, the flow of time, masks, etc...
Dungeons were great and their design was unmatched, Stone Tower Temple being the prime example, upside down dungeon was brilliant
Feeling, this game is full of that, Anju and Kafei's subquest, healing Pamela's father, helping Cremia and Romani, and much more parts that were filled with great feelings , even desperation feelings when the final hours are about to come

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
ALttP is probably my favorite classic Zelda game, since it had so much to it. It had the most dungeons, the most items, and had many secrets in the overworld. The graphics and sounds for its time was great also. It also brought the 3 dungeons, Master Sword, more dungeons, final boss trend in.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
ALTTP was my first classic zelda game. I really liked the graphics, items, puzzles, dungeons, characters, and enemies. Um, the plot was pretty interesting to me. The songs were awsomely cool and pretty cool to listen.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Link's Awakening is not on the list, even though it is classic and was released in the middle of this time period. Other than OoT, LA wins. Why is it not on the list.

Kybyrian

You've just waltzed into a forum of Ocarina of Time fans and asked the second ultimate question, next to Majora's Mask vs Ocarina of Time.

Ocarina of Time is a fantastic game, no doubt to it. It was the first Zelda game that I ever played, and it had an impact on me. Since Ocarina of Time, I never found a Zelda game that drags me in so utterly and completely as Ocarina of Time did. The game got me started on the Zelda series... heck, got me started on video games in general. If it wasn't for Ocarina of Time, I probably wouldn't be lurking these forums right now. Ocarina of Time may not appeal in an over-the-top manner in a lot of aspects, but the point is that in no way is it unappealing. People will likely point out a few things, but those are all things that don't bother me. When I look at any other Zelda game, I can point out things wrong with that instantly make me say, "Ocarina of Time > This Game". I'm sure that nostalgia also plays a big factor in this, but regardless, I believe Ocarina of Time is the best Classic Zelda Game - and all-around Zelda game, for that matter - and will be for a long time. Maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise with Skyward Sword, but maybe we won't.

Ocarina of Time was my favorite for a long time. As I got older I got more attached to Majoras Mask, however. It has so much more development of character. It had everything that was great about Ocarina and it took it in a new and original direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom