• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Farore's Wind: Useless?

D

DaltonR6

Ive only really used to to play around with... I think I used it in the Fire Temple once, but i cant remember.

EDIT: I think i used it on those falling stairs in the Fire Temple.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit, it OoT Farore's wind is useless. But in OoT: Master Quest, it does come in handy when u are deep in a dungeon (like the spirit temple) and about to die because of a ton of iron knuckles that want to kill u.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, Farore's Wind wasn't completely useless to me. I found myself using it when I was in Ganondorf's Tower. When I got really close to fighting Ganondorf (once I beat all those monsters that he had stashed away in his humble abode) , I'd use it to go restock my supplies so that I'd be ready to fight him when I warped back.

Last edited:
It is useless for me. Then again I usually find those secret areas in temples/dungeon that contain fairies/hearts/magic jars. Plus I am always stocked up on potions.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
One of it's more cool uses is if you're bored of playing, but are in the middle of a dungeon, you can use Farore's wind, save, and then quit. Then, when you come back, use Farore's wind again, and you'll be in the same room of the dungeon you were in before.

S

sweet_samba

I don't think I ever used it except to play around with. Maybe once or twice when I got bored in the middle of a dungeon, but that's about it.

D

Deku Scrub

I actually did use it once.

I was in Jabu-Jabu's belly, and I kept failing at getting Ruto through some of the stuff, and she'd keep returning to the same spot, so I set the warp there and warped back whenever I messed up.

I don't recall if that actually helped at all...but, yeah I think it was pretty useless.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
When I was young and just starting out to play the game, I LOVED this thing for the sheer fact that it would let me leave the dungeon right away if I heard the ReDead's moan. Yeah I was THAT scared, otherwise....no, not really that useful e.e;;

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Faroes Wind is VERY helpful in Water Temple. At the place you meet Ruto at the start where at the top there is the triforce symbol, USE IT THERE! It will save you ALOT of backtracking and will cut down the duration by half!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I do remember one playthrough (not my first) where I used it. I was in the Shadow Temple, and I kept getting killed by Bongo Bongo. It was getting to be a real pain marching back through the dungeon, riding the boat, fighting stalfos, so I used Farore's Wind to skip all that after dieing ten or so times.

Other than that the only use I got out of that item was glitching with it by using it on Epona when I was board. :mellow: It's an ok item, certainly not the most usefull or most necessary in the game though.

Zarom

The King
I always found it very useful. I use the Farore's Wind most of the times in the Fire Temple, or in places where you can easily fall. So, by using it, I don't have to restart all from the beggining. Just use it and I go immediately go back to where I was. :)

I've never gotten Farore's wind once. I've never really seen the need to get it, sure it'd be helpful in the water temple to get around from place to place, but that just doesn't seem like a great enough point to me. Pretty pointless thing in my opinion.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I've never gotten Farore's wind once. I've never really seen the need to get it, sure it'd be helpful in the water temple to get around from place to place, but that just doesn't seem like a great enough point to me. Pretty pointless thing in my opinion.

It is useful in the Water Temple because the Water Temple is just too long and some people want to cut down the time. And it could be a pain in the *** going back sometimes. ;)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I played OoT a lot of times, but I never used farores wind. I think I collected it once, but now I don't care of getting it anymore (and I can't remember where I could find the fairy fountain). I never used Nayru's love either, but since it can protect you from enemy attacks, it isn't as useless as Farore's wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom