• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think You Could Ever Be Too Old for a Video Game?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Actually, I think you could grow out of a videogame. Not because of age but, because tastes change as you get older. I used to hate tomatoes when I was younger, now I gorge myself upon them. :D Same with music, there's bands I used to like and now hate, and I think it's the same with games. Like now I've kind of moved away from FPS' and am enjoying slower-paced games now, like the Walking Dead games by Telltalte. Type of games I'd say "Wow, they look boring..." years ago. ;)

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
It depends on the game. Some games I play are suppose to be for kids 12 & under, yet I'm still playing them. Heck, there are even Lpers Like ChuggaConroy, JoshJepson, Lucahjin, & more that are still playing games that aren't for there age group. There are also 12 year olds that are playing games rated M for mature, but their parents get it for them anyway. I have 2 points to make here

1. How old you are shouldn't matter as long as your having fun with the game

2. If some 12 year olds are allowed to play COD & Grand Theft Auto, there's no reason why 50 year olds can't play Mario & Pokémon.

MW7

I feel like as I mature video games will become less and less important to me but that doesn't mean that I will ever leave them behind forever. I already feel like I've drastically cut down on game playing, and I just simply focus time on fewer games rather than cut games out entirely. Oddly the two examples of Pokemon and Zelda are games that appeal to me more than ever because they both have some intellectually stimulating elements (especially Pokemon since it is so numbers based and lends itself to statistical analysis). The two genres of games that I have almost entirely grown out of are typically thought of as more mature- shooting and sports games. Maybe I'm just weird though. Also I don't think I'll ever leave games behind because I hope to have kids someday, and I'm sure I'd love to play games with them.

Naw, I don't think people can be too old to play video games. I remember a gaming magazine said that great games should be able to be enjoyed by most walks of life (probably starting from when you can read), and I agree with that. I enjoyed Super Mario World at 5 years old, and I still enjoy it today, even though I'm well into my adulthood. Still haven't beaten it either, but that's a different story.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
NES%20Fisher%20Price%20I%20Can%20Remember.jpg

There's a good chance you're too old for this game.

Dan

Nope but as usual some people won't like that and I'm sure they will discriminate for it. I am perfectly happy playing whatever game I feel like, it shouldn't be a concern for others. They can carry on judging all they like.

I'm 27, so most likely.

Mario - Yes
Sonic - Yes
Zelda - Hell no, there's no age limit to this IMO
FF - See Zelda

Nope but as usual some people won't like that and I'm sure they will discriminate for it. I am perfectly happy playing whatever game I feel like, it shouldn't be a concern for others. They can carry on judging all they like.

Yep

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Are you kidding? It happens all the time with Zelda fans--even though have of them are oblivious to it.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Yeah, I definitely think you can. Its all about appeal. Sometimes things stop appealing to your tastes due to certain changed with game mechanics (or being the same thing, year after year). And sometimes things can start appealing to your tastes.

I've grown out of a few games/franchises. I still like them for nostalgias sake, but I dont play any of the new releases.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I don't think you can be too old for gaming, but there are certain games you shouldn't be playing when you're 50 years old.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
So how many more years before you hit this limit you've assigned and you sell off your collection?

The thread is asking if people outgrow games--not if everyone outgrows it. Could I? I don't know...it's happened to a lot of other people here it seems. It's not imaginable now.

No way, I love video games too much to give that up. pokemon is a different story, it is too kiddie for me to play. Mario is just too easy for me at this point. Zelda on the other hand, I will never grow out of. It is too much of my childhood to just throw away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom