• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have the Money to Upgrade to Wiiu/3DS?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Me, I've already upgraded to the 3DS since it's release and plan to do so again if Nintendo decides to release a model with two analog sticks because honestly, that add-on is just terrible. I'm also currently putting some money away while spending some on current games that I want so by the time the Wii U hits, I'll have enough money to get it on release day.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As of right now, I do not have the funds to upgrade to 3DS or Wii U. However, whenever I get my money back (I spent $140 to get a car fixed), I should have more than enough money to get a 3DS though my money could go to a Sony system instead, or maybe a new computer. The Wii u, I probably won't ever be able to obtain unless I can get a job within the next couple days :P

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I already have the 3DS, but that was when I had a job. Since then I quit my job and moved to Europe with my parents. I am in school full time and can't get a job since I don't speak the language. Since my parents work for a non-profit organization, we really on donations. So, sadly I will not be buying the WiiU near launch since I will be trying to catch up on games I missed.

i already have the 3ds, if I get a summer job next summer I'll probably afford the WiiU near launch too.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I currently have a lot of money in a savings account for my Wii U/XBox (decisions, decisions) I got the 3DS the day it came out and slightly regret it; it didn't have the launch library and I'm STILL waiting for good games. I'll possibly get the Wii U as soon as it comes out; it depends on what I hear and read.

linkman8

True and Noble
I have already invested in the 3DS, which I regrettably bought at full price, but I'm still comforting myself with the assumption that it'll get some good games eventually. In terms of the WiiU, I'm still rather unconvinced as to what it actually is. It doesn't look like a standalone system to me, but I'm told it is. It's all rather confusing, and until it becomes necessary, I don't plan on buying the WiiU.

I do, but I'm still holding out on a price. I got the 3DS on launch date, so I don't think I'll bother with the Wii U until later into its lifespan, similar to when I adopted the Wii.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I already have a 3DS. My mother bought it for me a few days after its release in America, back when it was still $250. Actually, I believe we split the cost, but I'm not too sure. My two main cash flows come from holidays and my report card rewards. I get a good amount of money for my birthday, Christmas, and sometimes Easter, but a lot of my money comes from my report card. For every A I get, my mom gives me an amount matching the grade I'm currently in. I have eight subjects, and I am in the eighth grade, so if I got all A's on my report card this semester, I'd get $64, or eight dollars for each A. I do not have any sort of job or chores to make money, though I have been running the idea of getting a job through my head. We recently filled out fake applications in my Reading class. My teacher told me specifically (in front of the whole class I might add) that she would actually hire me. That's encouraging, I guess, though in this economy I don't know if I have much of a chance.

Really, it would depend on how much the WiiU costs. If it starts out at about $400, I wouldn't be able to afford it. I don't plan on getting one right away, either. I'm not going through what I did with the 3DS again. I'd wait for it to go down to $250-$300 before considering getting one. Of course, that will be in a few years, so I might have enough funds saved up to get one. I might even have a job by then. If it were to be released at $400 dollars right now, I wouldn't. I have other priorities to take care of at the moment. ;)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
At the moment I'm saving up for other things, but I'll probably get the Wii U around release, depending on what games there are for it, and how the gameplay itself functions. I'm most excited about the new Smash Bros, though.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Nope.

Not sure I'd want either of them, even if I had the money. I'm debating whether or not to try and find some work this winter... but I have a hard enough time as it is trying to stay on top of my A Level work (lolprocrastination), not sure I could handle both. It might just be worth waiting 'til I get off to Uni, and try and find a more permanent job there once I get up and running. Idk. Either way, any money I earned wouldn't be going on a 3DS or a WiiU :l

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom