• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Enjoy Sidequests?

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
This is self explanitory, do you like them, why or why not?

I really ike sidequest, I like finding everything! Sidequest give the game more deoth and make it a little longer (which is good in the case of Zelda games)

Kybyrian

Sidequests are amazing, and can definitely enhance a game so much more. Majora's Mask was an amazing game and had many sidequests. It would be nice if in a future Zelda game that they had some really in-depth sidequests. Something like the Anju and Kafei sidequest in Majora's Mask would make me a very happy person. A balance between sidequests and a good number of amazing dungeons would be enough to knock me off of my seat. Sidequests are little things, but the little things most certainly matter. When they are entertaining as a little story and give some kind of good reward they are all the better.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To sum it up in one word. YES.

But seriously, I do love sidequests. They provide a fun distraction from the main plot to help out people in need, play mini games, and explore. I especially love learning about the ordeals of the people you help out in side quests (except in OoT and TP where they just tell you to do it and thank you afterward with a reward with nothing about them being told).

Sidequests are sometimes what I look for in a Zelda game. Majora's Mask was amazing with sidequests, and so were Twilight Princess and Spirit Tracks. They added something to do after you're finished, like collecting all the heart pieces and stuff. They certainly add more depth, and bring me back for more!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Side-quests are awesome. I really enjoy them, a game like The Legend of Zelda needs tons of side-quests, it's what has you playing a Zelda game after you pass it.

Imagine the main game is a... picture, but the sidequests are all the little details, it just turns a great game into a masterpiece.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Yes, I love sidequests. Especially sidequests that add something to the story like they do in Majora's Mask. Sidequests that give you excellent items like they did in OoT are also good.

The main reason I like sidequests, is because they can be challenging without being frustrating. If something on the main quest is too challenging, I'll get really upset because I can't progress in the game. If a sidequest is challenging, I'll just try a few times to see if I can get it, and if I can't... I'll just move on, and come back to it later.

I think they're a good solution to the problem of difficulty. Make the main quest fairly easy, but make the sidequests challenging. That way, everyone can finish the game, and those who want a challenge can do sidequests.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Well, I love Majora's Mask and the game was based around character depth and sidequests (along with some wicked cool dungeons), so yes. I love sidequests and attempting to complete games 100%.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
While I don't really enjoy doing them, I want there to be A LOT is SS. I want this so that after you beat SS, you have some more stuff to do instead of beat the final boss again and again.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I said this before: I LOVE side quests, but I HATE it when the reward for completing the side quest is something lame or rupees. I want to feel as though I doing the side quest/exploring for a good reason. Otherwise some of them just get frustrating like getting rupees for 100 gold skultulas or all gold bugs or ice arrows in Gerudo Training Grounds (admit they were useless). I never felt like I ran low of rupees in TP, so I would get frustrated when I would constantly have to put rupees back (especially since there's a chance I'm not going to go back to get it). I would like to see a revamped economy and reward system for side quests. The side quests were fun in TP but didn't give you much incentive to complete them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom