• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like Twilight Princess

B

Buttercup

I thought it was a great game, I loved transforming to the wolf, and all that dungeons just made the game great. I also liked that fact that they changed things up. For one, they took out the magic bar, which I like because then I did not have to go get magic every time I used that sword. So how did you guys like Twilight Princess?

duuuh of course I love twilight princessjajjajaja even more than ocarina of time and resident evil

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Of course I liked Twilight Princess. In fact it is a great game. The problem though is that it tries to hard too match OOT's spirit and the things that made it a great game. This lead a few to believe that it was, in fact, an OOT clone when in truth, it is not a by the book clone.

One thing I must say is that I enjoyed the story of the game, but I felt it was too constricted and linear. There was no room for adventure of Hyrule. It was basically from point A to B and played out more like a movie than an adventure story would. Compare it to something like Wind Waker where after the first three pearls you were free to change things that happened in Windfall. You gave people new light and heartened them. In Twilight Princess there were only few quests like that.

The story that was present though was an impressive little narrative that focused on deep emotions bellowing down into your secondary member. You were actually experiencing the journey of understanding. It was a matter of judgment, where you, the player , were to grow with Midna and choose to accept her.

The characters in the game were also impressive when you boggled down to the main cast. You grew with them and chose to fight with them through thick and thin, evidently building your trust in them. The secondary cast though failed to impress me at all as they would quickly fall into obscurity.

The gameplay was your standard Zelda gameplay which was not very changed from Ocarina as Nintendo was frightened to go too far from the Ocarina style after the sales of WW and MM. However Nintendo tried it's best to add innovation to the game while trying to be inconspicuous to the players who had shunned MM and WW. The wolf is a reference to both the bunny from Alttp and the transformations from MM. The new items involved tried their best to add some sense of innovation to the game but often failed as they soon became useless to the player.

The musical score of the game was subtle and silent, signifying a much lighter tone for the game. The problem though was that it wasn't fully orchestrated, but instead was a Midi track. The track had failed to get any grand sense of adventure that is needed in Zelda. However, when it reached the subtle night time or the deep dungeons, the themes began to impress with their sense of hidden secrets veiled by curtains of dark.

Overall Twilight Princess was a good game (though far from being my favorite). The problem was that it was shattered by massive expectations that believed that it would outclass Ocarina. The sad part is that some fans refuse to come to grips with the fact that the game is not an Ocarina clone, but is only Ocarina in spirit.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I absolutely LOVE this game. Mainly because of the awesome graphics. The diehard OoT fans will always see it as a lesser game compared to OoT but I think it's absolutely cool. OoT did have a bit more tougher bosses (they weren't hard but compared to Tp they were tougher) but if you really get into TP you see a beautiful game.

S

Sk8urDude101

Good game

Twilight princess was a great game, had a lot of similar charcters the old zelda games had and was very unique. They didnt make it as hard as i hoped like the previous games but was still fun.
I think they should make another game thats a sequel to majoras mask and ocarina of time ( the two best and hardest zelda games yet ) or another to wind waker besides the gay one for the ds, but ive heard from alot of people that theyd like another ocarina of time game to add to the two previous ones, that would be HUGE.
and they need to make the newer zelda games harder, itsn ot fun when you can beat a zelda game in a dozen hours lol.

I loved it! I have no clue why it has so much hatred. I mean yeah it wasn't AS revolutionary as OoT but it was overall a better game. There's only so much they can change.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What I absolutely liked at TP was the warp function. Ooccoo was awesome and in the beginning I didn't use her but later I used her when I had too much rupees and had to get rid off it. So I warped out of the dungeon and I donated a few rupees to the Bird at the shop at Faron Woods.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I liked Twilight Princess. To be honest though, I was afraid of certain places when I first played it. Some of them were the monkey temple and then the "temple of time" (where you had to obtain the 3rd mirror shard). I'm not a big fan of spider enemies, so those were a little bit creepy. Overall it was a great game. I really loved the guardian spirits and their theme song <3. But, I was a little disappointed that they only had a small part to play. Another disappointment was finding out that ganon was the final enemy. I think Zant deserved that honor. Anyway, the soundtrack was alright.....but it really didn't replace MM or OOC music, which are still my #1 favorites, but that's okay. Oh! Midna was a really cool character too. At first I didn't like her, but as the game progressed she really grew onto me. Out of 10 points I would give this game a 9.3/10

S

Slambofett

I have to say it started out Fantastic and slowly went downhill from there, I say its in the middle of the zelda games in terms of quality. Not great not bad.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I loved Twilight Princess.

It had the nostalgia and the gameplay of Ocarina of Time. There was fishing, there was sword battles and heck even the temples remind me of OoT. But, the story line made the game go down hill. It was great to see Zant all menacing at the middle of the game, but by the end, He was a pawn. A mere henchman to divert Link and Midna's attention away from the true villain.

TP also had a variety of sidequests. It suddenly reminded me a lot of MM. There were tons of sidequests that were hard to complete, yet easy to do. It took me days on my first run through but I was able to complete them. Yes, they were easy, easy to find but hard to to under a day. I just wished TP was that more difficult.

M

M-SwordLink

Twilight Princess for me is one of the greatest games of all time, it reminds me so much of Ocarina of Time, but I see a more developed story, more in-depth gameplay, boss battles, graphics, swordplay is upgraded dramatically, and to me, it outshines Ocarina of Time in every way possible.

M

M-SwordLink

Same with me, I'd played other Zelda games, they just didn't do it for me. I started playing TP and I immediately got sucked in. Since then I've been getting so much more involved in Zelda, manga, games, forums, it's amazing how one great game can change an entire series for someone!

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Yeah, I liked it. It was a little bit on the easy side, though. But I liked that you could transform into a wolf. But, Ganondorf needed to be harder. He was WAY too easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom