• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

a'lana

cotton candy
Also I disagree that Neon is picking fights she just seem to omgus which she also did to town!Sparkles in my game.

a'lana

cotton candy
I think omgus is different from picking fights because technically other person started it

@ Seanzie: Who decided that my take on Neon aligned with whatever view you were holding? You?

My view on Neon is that yeah, she is RPing a lot with JD over there, but that is NAI given how I've seen her play across numerous games. Any content made or actions taken are the key to even trying to read her (and even then that is tough in and of itself though not impossible).

So no, my view on Neon doesn't align with whatever it is you're saying. My issue is you. Aside from aggressively burying Neon is pointless questions that you could research yourself (as you've shown the capacity to do), you're also wording your approaches in such a way to indicate issue yourself with the perspective someone else holds (me in this case wrt to you). It's noticeable to the point that it's hard to ignore now.

Tell me, do you power wolf often? Because that's what you're coming across as with your interactions. Like, overly aggressive than the times you were town in the few games I saw you.

@ a'lana:

Sometimes I'm scum, sometimes I'm not. I don't think I've ever been in a game with Neon a -- actually Botwolf 1 would count since I started out as Cult of the Burning Town. Name was intentional because Directly made it.

Aside from that game I don't think Neon has ever been in a game with me when I was scum.

If you're looking to get better feedback, you'd be better off asking Numbers or Rag. They have the most experience with me. You could also ask Ex or Cin Min. Ex, for sure, was mafia with me once upon a time (although Cin Min was in that game as town -- so was Numbers and Rag was the game mod .. small world).

jfc that was a series of horrible AtE that you made there a'lana. Even threatening to self vote because tilted? That's just spectacularly bad. I'm onto your ploy with how you're acting. No amount of emotional appeal is going to made me feel bad PoEing your scummy self into the graveyard. You think my treatment of your slot was bad before, just wait until D2 when I get in here and piledrive you into the dirt.

Now I'm sure I'll see the answer as I read through the pages, but I'm going to bet that Seanzie doesn't address those series of posts from a'lana (that might actually explain, too, why I saw Seanzie telling someone to vote Mongoose -- Fext I think).

As I progress through these 20 some odd pages that I missed, I'm definitely seeing no signs of Seanzie addressing those AtE posts a'lana made.

I'm also seeing that a'lana has Fext and Sean grouped separately in her reads. I'm curious to see how Fext and Seanzie compare in their own lists especially since Seanzie seems more keen on Fext as opposed to a'lana here. Perhaps I'm just overly knee-jerking towards how Seanzie is coming across to others and myself (that or a'lana is doing the most work to distance herself from Fext and not so much Seanzie though their split on Fext makes me think there is a possible unpairing here).

The amount of people in this game must be higher than normal. That's the only way to explain the sheer amount of posts coming out when out and about.

As an aside though: No, Numbers, I do not want in your pocket. But you can tell me your thoughts on a'lana and Seanzie possibly being paired.

I can attest to Neon's change from Champs happening. Also, you're definitely interested in me, a'lana. Even after I "tilted" you. Quote unquote.

Heck, if not for champs I would probably never have joined this game and just stayed on mafiacafe living a normal life

Yeah, that tends to happen when people come into orbit.

So come on and vote me let's see how that works out tomorrow.

I'm of the opinion a'lana needs to go first. Her series of posts reeked of AtE in high amounts (especially with the threat about self voting).

Seanzie, for the most part, I ***could*** be wrong about in terms of him trying to power wolf. Yeah, he's definitely making moves that don't sit well with me (like the burying you in requests for self meta via actual game threads only to ultimately not heavily use them lol or how he approached his wording when I walked back my take on him over you via a comment Fext made).

47/54 pages. Nice. Stopping here for tonight.

a'lana

cotton candy
jfc that was a series of horrible AtE that you made there a'lana. Even threatening to self vote because tilted? That's just spectacularly bad. I'm onto your ploy with how you're acting. No amount of emotional appeal is going to made me feel bad PoEing your scummy self into the graveyard. You think my treatment of your slot was bad before, just wait until D2 when I get in here and piledrive you into the dirt.

Now I'm sure I'll see the answer as I read through the pages, but I'm going to bet that Seanzie doesn't address those series of posts from a'lana (that might actually explain, too, why I saw Seanzie telling someone to vote Mongoose -- Fext I think).
I never threathened to self vote all I did was saying I wasn't going to put effort into defending myself when people either tunnel me or naked vote me so defending myself against those things was pointless especially when you refuse to consider things like meta so why would I bother to defend myself

BTW aren't you the person that almost selfvoted themselves to death at champs?

a'lana

cotton candy
I am not feeling like enterjng a tunnel so from now on I think I'm going to completely ignore this slot they don't seem interested in talking to me even before the tilt they just seemed to decide I'm scum only for being hedgy.

a'lana

cotton candy
One more thing saying I threatened to self vote is outright misrepping my posts and really even if I did actually threathen to self vote I feel like you don't have any right to call that out because wow seriously you're one to talk.

I will stop talking about this from now on it will be bad for threadhealth

a'lana

cotton candy
Oh F I'm searching my own posts and did in fact say it omfg I actually thought I had filtered that out. Still I said 'I wonder if I should just self vote' I didn't outright threathen to.

I'm still not in the mood to argue with someone that would tunnel me regardless of what I do and is too focused on stereotyping certain things as scum AI when they really aren't and are dependent on playstyle so no I don't blame myself for talking about selfvoting as the reason you are now tunneling me as I'm certain you would have found some other reason to tunnel me for anyway regardless :)

a'lana

cotton candy
I may have overrreacted but IMO a game just isnt fun if people are either tunneling solely on perceived stereotypes then telling I am 'dictating' how they should read me when I'm trying to give context of meta and simply suggesting they take this into account when reading a new player (they don't seem to be against meta reading neon for example). or just throwing around naked votes without discussion and thinking this is normal. This is why I actually got tilted when I saw TWO naked votes on me in quick succession and its tilt I would have regardless of alignment.

My view on Neon is that yeah, she is RPing a lot with JD over there, but that is NAI given how I've seen her play across numerous games. Any content made or actions taken are the key to even trying to read her (and even then that is tough in and of itself though not impossible).
Have you talked about how the roleplaying affects your stance on Numbers? I can't recall.
I agree with the point actually being made here; I feel like Neon by this point has made plenty enough contributions that "no content" or "just rping" is not a viable read on her, especially from someone who's actually read the thread.

I have a hard time seeing AtE in and of it's self as a strictly scummy thing-- probably more NAI? Thinking about it I can definitely see how her self-vote threat could seem performative as it came after the deadline and her not bothering to follow through, but that doesn't feel like your angle here? I could be wrong but it kinda strikes me as you treating the fact that she AtEd as a scum indicator.

The amount of people in this game must be higher than normal. That's the only way to explain the sheer amount of posts coming out when out and about.
Nope, 13p. Neon alone's got like 200 or something though so I'd guess that's paft of it.

I may have overrreacted but IMO a game just isnt fun if people are either tunneling solely on perceived stereotypes then telling I am 'dictating' how they should read me when I'm trying to give context of meta and simply suggesting they take this into account when reading a new player (they don't seem to be against meta reading neon for example). or just throwing around naked votes without discussion and thinking this is normal. This is why I actually got tilted when I saw TWO naked votes on me in quick succession and its tilt I would have regardless of alignment.
I have no idea what the point you're trying to make here is with the "dictating how to read you" thing. As you mentioned 2/3 of the votes on you were completely unexplained, leaving just KoD's vote and I could be misremembering. But I do not think that was remotely his reasoning.

RavenRaziel98

Yeah baby, I am the lizard king!
I'm back and caught up.
Here are some things I wanted to add something to...
Raven - He feels much mote willing to establish townreads and ask questions without throwing subtle shade everywhere than his last game where he was Arsonist, and doesn't seem to have the same "everyone is my enemy paranoia" he had. I think especially that latter bit would stick around if he rolled scum this game so it makes me feel good about him.
There are several things I'ld like to say to this:
1. It technically wasn't a paranoia, after all I was a threat to everyone else so everyone actually was my enemy lol
2. I would most likely still have been similar paranoid as scum or town (just a little less).
3. As soon as you claimed firefighter I got even more paranoid (I didn't know that firefighters are a thing, when I got my role pm I thought like Just don't get lynched, don't get NKd and burn them down)
4. I actually think I wouldn't be more paranoid if I randed scum because the thought of having a team mate who I can talk to/get advice from seems kinda calming tbh.
Also I'm not sure if using one's first and only game offers enough information to create a reliable meta
question

does this raven person even exist
Yes. He's only made 7 posts, a number that is so low I assume because he's from Germany and that timezone doesn't worj well with interacting realtime with basically anyone here.
Right, I'm from Germany, but the issue was rather that I wasn't informed of the game staring at first and being busy the last 2 days, I was still way more around during BDSP Mafia. My apologies for that, I should be able to be around more starting either today or tomorrow.
bro what I thought I had 3 hours before EoD
I thought so too, which is why I missed EoD even though I was around during EoD.
Raven has posted and I remember very little. The reads felt hedged the questions felt like trying to engage to look useful without committing to anything. Drank Irish tea with me which I can get behind. Null leaning scumish.
I'll try to improve on that, I'm just not really good at asking the right questions and stuff and I don't have/know my own playstyle (yet)
I actually despise the "how much have you played" question. It's an intentional way to manipulate a narrative based on experience level even though I could play 1 game and be the best reader in all of Werewolf history or have played 100 and be the worst. We learn and grow but I've certainly seen naturally talented Werewolf players.

It's also a subtle jab at the player because it is almost always asked to imply your playing poorly and they want to know if you're a noob.
I totally agree with this.
I'd like to make the case that EoD SHOULD be in central time right now. In particular, the host clearly states that EoD is at 6pm EST, NOT EDT. Currently most of the eastern time zone is experiencing EDT, and actually EST=CDT, so the only logical thing to do is start going by Central time for the rest of the game (if you can't tell I'm in central time right now).
Please don't, I'm already struggling with the time lol
Like for instance begging people to explain their reads and votes. Not explaining your reads and votes is not content it is bad play especially as town
Aggreed, that's why I approached Mongoose about the ExLight vote
In your experience, does scum usually pick avoidable fights?
Scum in general? No
Specific players usual scum play? Yes

Btw I would've voted for Mongoose but I was only at 30/37 at that point and got tired so I stopped catching up at that point and I felt uncomfortable about voting them if there were 7 pages left that could've contained information that would've changed things.

I feel better about Neon than earlier, getting a more serious vibe from them.

What I don't like is being that high on a'lanas read list - Besides agreeing with them on KoD/DW I barely did anything (especially anything that's actually useful).

@ Seanzie: Who decided that my take on Neon aligned with whatever view you were holding? You?

So no, my view on Neon doesn't align with whatever it is you're saying.

Your quote here looks a whole lot like you're thinking similar things to what was brought up:

@ Seanzie:

If that's all I wrote about Neon, then that's all I got to say about Neon or even JD. The constant fluff does nothing to solidly give a read one way or another, and that's the best you're going to get from me until we get more.

If your take is somewhat more nuanced and I'm getting it wrong, sorry not sorry, it's on you for not elaborating more when I specifically asked you about it.

As I progress through these 20 some odd pages that I missed, I'm definitely seeing no signs of Seanzie addressing those AtE posts a'lana made.

You know how you think everything about past games is useless? Well, if you decided to actually try to use such information, you CoUlD try asking me about how familiar I am with Alana. Alana and I have played something like 30 games together, and she gets upset a lot, in particular about newer people not understanding her and finding her insta-scummy. So, I probably could have predicted she would get upset like that from being run up D1. She does it as both town and scum (I don't think she ever fakes emotion, but both alignments can get upset from being suspected), but I think I see a little more of it from town!Alana rather than scum.

Seanzie, for the most part, I ***could*** be wrong about in terms of him trying to power wolf. Yeah, he's definitely making moves that don't sit well with me (like the burying you in requests for self meta via actual game threads only to ultimately not heavily use them lol or how he approached his wording when I walked back my take on him over you via a comment Fext made).

Dude, I am so sick of you. How exactly did I "not heavily use them"? I read through the D1s from all three of the games she quoted, and seeing her RP in other games as town softened my view on her. I am still a bit irked I couldn't see the wolf game she RP'd in though, because there were distinct differences in her here vs those two town games she posted, and without a wolf datapoint I can't tell how significant that is. Just because you don't see how things are being used, doesn't mean they aren't. That's on you for not following what's going on closely enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom