• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Airplane Food. Like It, or Hate It?

Do you like Airplane Food, or hate it?

• I like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Airplane food. Do I even have to say anything? It's the most disgusting thing I've ever had (well, maybe second most disgusting, only to me eating poo when I was like 3, but that's beside the point).

Some flights though, like Air Emirates flights, have good food. All the rest, bleh. :bleh:

So, do you like it or hate it?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Airports have good food that is always SEVERELY overpriced.
But airplane food is a different story:
Rarely do you get food on the actual airplane anymore. From my experience the only time I actually get a meal (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg) is on Aeromexico and Mexicana airlines. I've ridden both within the past year and both had decent meals. After a certain time a day, the free meal with a sandwich, chips and cookie changes to just a sandwich and peanuts, but who can complain really.
Anyway, the sandwiches aren't bad, in fact I rather like the ham from the smaller sandwich.
And since the drinking age in Mexico is only 18, I was able to drink for free too :clap:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Well, my parents usually bring their own food, so we wouldn't have to eat the airplane food, but when I have to, I just eat the peanuts, since those are usually good in Jetblue^^

Airport food is awesome, since there's usually Starbucks and McDonalds (Don't gross out, McDonalds is a last resort, when I can't find a Starbucks) in the airport, but it's pretty expensive.

Kybyrian

And since the drinking age in Mexico is only 18, I was able to drink for free too :clap:

Naughty, naughty.

Anyway, I've only been on a flight once, and I have to say that I didn't really enjoy the food. It wasn't so bad that it made me feel like puking, but it's not something that I'd like to eat if I had a choice for something else, either.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The only airplane food I remember eating (besides like crackers which tasted as they do anywhere) was last summer when I had 2 chicken dinners (2 flights. Not 2 dinners on one flight. :P) and I have to say, it was really good. I had heard that the food on planes wasn't great, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The last time I got airplane food was years ago, because nowadays you don't get food during European flights and you even have to pay for drinks. I got sick of the super greasy ham-cheese bread though. I normally take my own food and refuse to drink the overpriced water they sell during the flight. The longest flight I've been in was 4 hours, so it wasn't that uncomfertable. I miss the old airplane days with the standard airplane food though. During a flight I was even allowed to look in the cockpit and the pilot even asked if I wanted to fly the plane (although it was on autopilot, but as a kid I believed it was for real :xd:)....sigh those were the good old days. Now if you simply stand up in the plane at least 4 different staff people follow your every move.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Most airplane food that I have had has been less than spectacular. It's expensive (since you have to pay for meals now) and generally not that tasty. There have been a couple of flights that I was pleasantly surprised by. I also have gotten a couple cookies before, and those were fantastic.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, on the airline I have traveled on the snacks are yummy! Muffins and drinks and crisps. But the meals are foul!

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
The last time I had food on an airplane was a couple of months ago when I visited the US. I got something that looked like mashed potatoes, but it could have been scrambled eggs as well because it tasted like... nothing, it had no taste. I don't even know what I ate, but anything was better than the vegetarian meals they had. You had the choice between chicken or vegetarian, but just for safety reasons I went with the chicken one. There was one good thing about the meal... the chicken was pretty good and we got a brownie that tasted good as well. :)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I can't really say, since the only airline I've flown with was Etihad... and that's an awesome airline anyways (personal TVs even on the economy flights anyone?). So most of the food was pretty awesome too... especially the pasta and bread... though the noodles they served at breakfast tasted like that carpet-y smell given off by the seats in a car :sick: Thankfully, you got a bunch of other stuff too, so it wasn't that bad XD

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
During the summer, I was on an eleven hour flight from Madrid in Spain to Lima in Peru in which they served to inclusive meals and snacks.

The snacks were just your standard mainstream chocolate bars such as KitKat, Snickers etc.

However, the meals were indifferent. For one meal I had a spaghetti bologneise which quite honestly was beautiful, however the chicken I had later was to put it simply, terrible. The next meal I had off of the plane tasted heavenly!

I didn't realise until just now that the US drinking age is 21. That is a seriously messed up law, although I suppose it can sort of help with teenage delinquency.

On a serious note, how do you guys manage with a law like that?! :O

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I flew to NYC from Amsterdam (US Airways) the food was good and the drinks were for free except for alcohol of course. It wasn't bad at all. And when I flew to Toronto one year later with Lufthansa it was perfect. They brought you drinks for free. You only had to press the button and there they came.

Last year I flew to LA with United Airlines and excellent service. Great food. So I have no complains so far. Maybe because I'm not picky about food myself.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I didn't realise until just now that the US drinking age is 21. That is a seriously messed up law, although I suppose it can sort of help with teenage delinquency.

On a serious note, how do you guys manage with a law like that?! :O

We drink anyway. Most people I hang out with have friends who are 21. You just have to do it in an apartment or whatever, but it's no big deal. The change was in the 80's I think, because my parents feel the same way you do! They could drink when they were 18 so they don't mind if I break this law in front of them.

Personally I think that if public drinking were illegal all together then we'd all be better off. Fewer drunks out is just safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom