• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure Pouch: Yea or Nay?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I didn't mind it much, actually thought it was nice to have something different. Still think that shields shouldn't take up space, though.

I didn't like it much either. I too like to have all my items with me at all times, and liked the upgrade systems in other games. The item upgrades in Skyward Sword were nice, but having a space in you adventure pouch taken for 5 extra bombs sucks. I usually have the 2 Heart Container Medals, 5 bottles, and Hylian Shield. I didn't like the shield meter either. The heart container medals were just balls.

i didnt like it for pretty much all the same reasons, but i wouldnt mind it quite as much if there was at least twice as many slots to put things in

I didn't like it much either. I too like to have all my items with me at all times, and liked the upgrade systems in other games. The item upgrades in Skyward Sword were nice, but having a space in you adventure pouch taken for 5 extra bombs sucks. I usually have the 2 Heart Container Medals, 5 bottles, and Hylian Shield. I didn't like the shield meter either. The heart container medals were just balls.

I have in my pouch - before facing Ghirahim and Demise - the Potion Medal, two or three bottles: one with Heart Potion++ and one with Guardian Potion+ at least, one quiver, one seed satchel, one bomb bag, and of course, the Hylian Shield.

Though I've always wondered that if the Hylian Shield doesn't take damage, why does it have it's own meter? I do like the look of the meter though...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's a great concept -- choosing equipment wisely -- but it wasn't pulled off well in SS because of the limited inventory. I think the idea behind Adventure Pouch + Item Check was to create a sense of planning and procedure.

[None of the following is in SS as far as I know, this is theory talk]
Say the next area you have to complete is Snowhead, which is an ice themed area. Your current status looks like:
15 heart containers collected from heart pieces/boss rewards but a total of 16, standard magic meter [can only be doubled via Magic Badge], ice arrows; hookshot, boomerang and so on are in Item Check.
In your pouch you have:

• Heart Medal -- Gives an extra Heart Container [for a total of 16]
  • Ice Arrows [it's an attachment sort of, almost like a medal in and of itself]
  • 2x Bottles with fairy and green potion for magic meter restoration
  • Wooden Shield
  • Fire Tunic

If you ran in as you are, you would experience certain areas of Snowhead that are inaccessible because you lack X equipment, but you can still *complete* Snowhead because the game isn't linear in that sense. You would likely encounter a plethora of ice themed enemies but since you're using the Fire Tunic, you would take double damage from ice enemies due to a type advantage (this isn't Pokemon but don't act like weapon triangles and such originated from it).

However, if you ran back into Item Check, switched Wooden Shield with an ice-based shield (ideally at this point you'd have one), switched your fire tunic with an ice tunic, grabbed the hookshot and maybe switched ice arrows with fire arrows (the point of an themed dungeon hero is to be the dungeon theme's antithesis in offense, but the same in defense), you would have a much easier time and be able to explore certain other areas in addition to or at the cost of the areas you were able to explore before.
[/endintheory]

This obviously wasn't the case. If SS were developed on a bigger system, I'm sure we would've seen a fleshed out Adventure Pouch + Item Check system. Nintendo meant good things with introducing it, maybe it should stick around for Zelda Wii U/3DS. I like it, anyway.

eh, I didn't like or dislike it.
it was just sort of there in the middle.
I liked the concept that, it shows he couldn't carry everything.
yet, what I found really annoying was the use of potions.
while I didn't use them hardly at all in the regular mode, hero mode I was constantly stocking up.
when I needed to use them in a pinch, it was difficult to land right on it.
it just annoyed me.

S

selenarockz001

the heart medals are a fine idea to have t find to get them so it is easier to get all 20 hearts but having to waste 2 spots in the adventure pouch for them was definitely annoying. i never needed more than 20 arrows and 10 bombs anyway since there was always places to fill up nearby if u needed them but i did it for completion and then never carried them around....i liked being able to have everything at my fingertips instead of having to always go to the item check girl. not a fan

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I liked the adventure pouch, and how Fi could tell you how well it suited your next destination and stuff. I think that it was interesting to have to manage your items, and it adds a nice touch of realism into the game.

the adventure pouch sucks! there shouldve been a choice to keep all your stuff in it, not just certain objects. like in the fire sanctuary when you need the two bottles your already full on medals and shiz and it sucked a lot.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
the adventure pouch sucks! there shouldve been a choice to keep all your stuff in it, not just certain objects. like in the fire sanctuary when you need the two bottles your already full on medals and shiz and it sucked a lot.

Yes, but it did add a piece of necessary realism to Zelda. If you just had all of your stuff with you, the game would be to easy. And link's loftwing would die under the weight.

Rachel

be vigitant
I felt that the adventure pouch really challenged you, and made the game seem more real and interactive. Made you think. I didn't like the fact that four bottles, two Life Medals, and a shield could take up seven of the eight spaces, though. In future games, I would prefer for identical items to stack (i.e. four bottles taking up one slot) and for the removal of the Life Medals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom