• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fanbase That You Hate.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
COD/HALO: You cant go in an online game without someone calling you out for being too good or just plain terrible. And they always say that these games are always good but they are simply the same games over and over again

Big Octo

=^)
COD/HALO: You cant go in an online game without someone calling you out for being too good or just plain terrible. And they always say that these games are always good but they are simply the same games over and over again

I'm sorry, but are you seriously saying that about Halo? Halo?! The franchise is in no way the same thing over and over again, it offers much more than the shooting; it has excellent story, characters, music, etc.

As for my least favorite fanbases:

The Intolerant Zelda Fanbase
There many fans that have ignorantly biased and twisted opinions. I find that many bash all FPSs without playing them, thinking all FPs are Call of Duty, and that Zelda is soooo much better, and they defend it with all their noobish and weak arguments. Furthermore, what they sometimes say about their beloved franchise makes me cringe. Many of them fail to realize that Zelda is a dynamic series, and yet, the fans aren't open to change. They will lash out the mention of voice acting (in which, in my opinion, would be a good thing), primitive guns (despite the fact that the required technology for guns exists already), and anything of the like. I like Zelda, but I don't worship it like a religion.

MLP
Now I'm not saying this to all bronys, but some of them worship the show like a deity. I, myself, tried to watch the show, and I didn't like it. Whenever I share my opinion, I'm constantly flamed are raged at, and I think it's a bit much over a show made for 4-year old girls.

Teen Drama and Pop Music
In everything that is sane and justified, get it away!

Dan

All fanbases have there bad groups and good groups. Although it's the negative groups people seem to focus on more since it's human nature to do so.
I mean we know what some of the sonic fanbase can be like and I don't just mean complaints about green eyes etc. ;)
I just don't think it's right to group a fanbase and class them all as arseholes just because of a certain group of arseholes make the rest of the fans look bad.

What are some fanbases that you hate. Personally, I hate the Sonic Fanbase since they complain about stupid crap like green eyes, longs legs, ect.

i havent heard a single sonic fan complain about that. where have you heard that?

skyrim, cod, some soul calibur idiots who didnt play for the game, (just to stare at some of the characters) and a lot more hypocritical idiots or plain dumb people.

Last edited:
i havent heard a single sonic fan complain about that. where have you heard that?

skyrim, cod, some soul calibur idiots who didnt play for the game, (just to stare at some of the characters) and a lot more hypocritical idiots or plain dumb people.

[video=youtube_share;-DMtSDDF2Do]http://youtu.be/-DMtSDDF2Do[/video]

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
*cough*Pong,Asteroids,PacMan,GoldenAgeofArcadeGames*cough*
Zelda, Mario, and Metroid are NOT where games originated, I'm sorry to say.

It's an example. My friends are such idiots that they think that gaming originated with these. They won't play them but that's what I needed to use as an example. If I wanted to give a super old example I'd have said something like "Tennis For Two". That's where it's at.

Teen Drama and Pop Music
In everything that is sane and justified, get it away!

So damn true!

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
My least favorite fanbase if the Zelda fanbase. By saying this, I mean it only to the "hardcore" portion of the fanbase, and by THAT, I mean the part of the fanbase who hate FPS and Sony or Microsoft just because they aren't Zelda or Nintendo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Platinum Hits and Greatest Hits...

I know, because The Legend of Zelda offers a whole lot more. Sure it's the same for the most part...but again. What do you expect when it has been done perfectly? At least they always find a way to make it new and innovate while still being The Legend of Zelda. Spider-Man games are no where near perfect. When was the last time Spider-Man set the standard? Spider-Man struggles when it comes to video games. He still hasn't even found himself an identity in video games. Batman has...what gives Spidey? Bogus developers and publishers?

Really?...

Really?...

Yep, just characters making death sounds and war sounds...the music is the 9 year old screaming in your ear.

That's like saying the main focus of Halo is the shooting...yet, Halo offers much more than that.

Who is everyone, exactly?
Oh, forgot about those. Haha.
I'll give it to LoZ just this time, if only because OoT exists. (;
Yes
Yes
I gotta admit, this made me laugh. Although, sometimes when playing online there is some dude blasting Hispanic music over his cheapo mic, which is slightly better and slightly less irritating.
Here, I'd like to say that Halo is more story-centric than it is gameplay-centric. It's like that of Kingdom Hearts: the gameplay definitely is good every time, but the devs seem to put more focus into the story especially by way of interviews, press conferences, and the like.
Everyone meaning majority of Zelda fans, sorry for not clearing that up! :sweat:

Precisely. :yes: Would you rather have a steaming pile of horse **** or a golden apple?

The reason why the CoD fanbase is intolerable.
Which one tastes better? :lol:
I don't know FOR SURE, but judging by the Sonic, Zelda, and KH fanbasers' comments, I'm almost certain they'd act JUST LIKE the CoD fanbase had their respective series went to online play with mics.

Oh, as I mentioned the series, I also hate the Kingdom Hearts' fanbase. It is almost like that of the Zelda fanbase, only this time you have two groups: those that demand KH3 and declare any other game a spin off or a gaiden, and those that believe every non-KH3 game is a great game and on par with KH1 and KH2 [which they aren't -- not even BBS is on par with KH1/KH2]. Members of both groups will call anyone who disagrees with the majority consensus a troll, as if it's an added bonus (for the record, disagreeing =/= trolling, and stating your opinon =/= trolling).

Last edited:
Hate the CoD Fanbase. Consists of a bunch of people that think they're good playing a game that people can pick up and get good in a few days. They judge every other game as bad because the graphics are "bad" compared to their CoD. They don't give a crap about the experience/gameplay, just graphics.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Here, I'd like to say that Halo is more story-centric than it is gameplay-centric. It's like that of Kingdom Hearts: the gameplay definitely is good every time, but the devs seem to put more focus into the story especially by way of interviews, press conferences, and the like.

What? Halo focuses on the two. Combat Evolved/set the standard for FPS? Online play/set the standard for online play? Duel wielding? Armor abilities? Any of that ring a bell?

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG fans: They are always complaining about physics,for some of them innovation makes bad games (but I have to agree with them for the Werehog,it was a bad idea) ,''Sonic adventure 1,2 and Heroes had way to much characters and hub worlds suck''and the result of all this is games like Sonic Colors,a 3hrs game with only Sonic and Tails just like the Genesis games(Sonic Colors was good though),I would have liked to see Knuckles or Shadow in Sonic Colors.

FINAL FANTASY fans: Especially the FFVI vs FFVII fans,they are always saying that the other game is bad,''Kefka suck because all he had to do to become a god is to move 3 little statues'' or ''Cloud is emo and Sephiroth is an overrated mama boy'' or whatever.They shouldn't argue about which is the best game,they are both outstanding games and it depend on your personal opinion.

CALL OF DUTY fans: Saying that this is the best game ever because of the amazing graphics and it alawys runs at 60 FPS,it makes no sense at all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They judge every other game as bad because the graphics are "bad" compared to their CoD. They don't give a crap about the experience/gameplay, just graphics.
They do care about gameplay. What you see from the exoskeleton is people laughing over a game like SS' graphics, but inside the CoD fanbase gates is a whole community that discusses everything from hit detection to lag to the game engine, maps and obstructions/collision issues and so on. Believe it or not, but CoD is a great series and each game definitely is great, otherwise the series wouldn't sell well. Graphics are actually an important part of the game, now that I've left the safehouse that is Zelda. Would you rather a game with jagged edges and choppy scenes with a terribad frame rate, or would you rather something on the likes of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3? MW3 is easily the better choice, graphics wise.
Combat Evolved/set the standard for FPS? Online play/set the standard for online play? Duel wielding? Armor abilities? Any of that ring a bell?
Wat. I thought that was lan parties with games like Delta Force and so on (I know Halo CE was a major reason of Xbox Live growing to what it is now, but not that it set the standard for online play). I'll give those last two to you not that I recall them or anything.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Wat. I thought that was lan parties with games like Delta Force and so on (I know Halo CE was a major reason of Xbox Live growing to what it is now, but not that it set the standard for online play). I'll give those last two to you not that I recall them or anything.

Halo Combat Evolved set the standard for FPS games, on the console. All of it's imitators prove it. Halo 2, is the reason why online gaming is what it is today. Your precious CoD wouldn't have existed if it weren't for Halo.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Turo's right. Halo pretty much made FPS online games. It's what started everything in a way. While it's not the first FPS ever (because everyone here has run Quake, Doom, and Wolfenstien) it's definitely what set the tone. I've stated before that I enjoy CoD but I'm not a fanatic. But given the choice I'd go for Halo.

Actually we play Halo LAN at our school via flash drive version.

I agree with the Sonic fanbase, they are just weird. But I don't hate them, I just think that they can be rather strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom