• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fanbase That You Hate.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Anyway, I really hate the Call of Duty fanbase due to their ignorance. It's mostly made up of kids, non-gamers, and ******** non-gamers who get angry if someone turns down their invitation, when they die, etc. and call themselves gamers.

The Legend of Zelda/Nintendo fanbase due to ignorance as well. They think it's cute to trash all games with blood, violence, and explosions like if they're getting extra points by it or something. It just makes them look dumb.

Sonic the Hedgehog's fanbase because of how F'd up it is. It's seriously divided into 3 and it's affecting the games.

MLP: Friendship is Magic
That's for A_LINK_IN_TIME ninja-ing me.

These are smelly basers who think their favorite franchises are the only ones in existences.

And one that I like...

My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Is-Magic-Season-2-Episode-7-May-the-Best-Pet-Win-.jpg

Good to know that you guys know what games are.

Last edited:
Halo and Call of Duty fanbases. They are the only fans that belittled my gender just because I said I didn't care for their favorite series.

I hate the fan-base of Call of Duty as well (you know, like everyone else on Earth), simply because of the fact that I can not understand their devotion to a series that has changed so little with each new installment. Plus the games themselves are incredibly inaccurate which breeds ignorance amongst their fans.

I also hate the fan-base of Sonic (another popular opinion that will surprise no one), but only because of the incredible amount of tampering those particular fans like to do to the universe of the games. You know, freakish gender bending stuff and hundreds of stupid non-canon characters. I honestly love the Sonic games (for the most part, anyway), I just can not stand the majority of the fanatics.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm not sure Trigun has much in the way of a fanbase/fandom anymore... all I know is that I used to be a big part of it and that if the message boards ever start to get moving again, I don't want to be a part of them. This is odd because I have certain AIM friends with who I enjoy other fandoms and talking about life with that I met in the Trigun fanbase. I'm not talking about them when I say I'd rather just shy away from the fandom if it ever starts up again... I made friends, but also enemies and, in general, it just gave me a headache. Shipwars for a very "gen" series, fans' obessive need to diagnose the characers with various psychosies (not that they didn't have them, it's just that having a certain issue myself and seeing the ignorant try to be psychologists....urgh), and most of all, all the "I am right and you are an evil idiot if you disagree with me because my brain is linked to/knows better than the manga-author's!" crap that went on that fandom...

LoZ-fandom has been much, much nicer and more fluid for me. I think I fit it better, perhaps. I love LoZ fandom.

I was watching some Avatar: The Last Airbender today. While I enjoy the show, I never got into the fandom, but having met some of the fanbase-fans in general venues online, I don't think I want to touch that fandom with a ten-foot pole. Ditto for Fullmetal Alchemist. Enjoyed the anime, don't really want to touch the fandom since, like Avatar fans, some of them seem... mean, confrontational - too serious.

Pretty much any fandom/fanbase will have people and factions that will turn you off. The key to enjoying a fandom, I find, is just not to worry about what other people in it think too much - just focus on the thing you like and why *you* like it. Do your own thing with your creative work (if producing and enjoying fanwork is how you primarily define "fandom" - such as with me) and just... don't let the stupidity of people turn you off of something because, frankly, humanity is stupid and you just have to try to ignore most of it in anything you're into.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
EXCUSE ME, IT IS LATE AT NIGHT AND I CLICKED ON THE TOPIC BECAUSE IT WAS DISPLAYED ON THE MAIN BOARD AND I THOUGHT IT WAS IN GENERAL TALK, NOT GENERAL GAMING. SOMEONE EARLIER MENTIONED A POPULAR CARTOON SHOW, SO I THOUGHT, HEY, GENERAL FANDOMS.

Hey, original thread-poster? Do you want me to take my post out of here? Honest mistake, you know, but I'm NOT taking it out for big bold all-caps guy.

I could talk about Pokemon - I used to be in that fanbase, but I can't say I hate it. I left it too long ago. The other games that I'm into don't even seem to have fanbases of any size.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
EXCUSE ME, IT IS LATE AT NIGHT AND I CLICKED ON THE TOPIC BECAUSE IT WAS DISPLAYED ON THE MAIN BOARD AND I THOUGHT IT WAS IN GENERAL TALK, NOT GENERAL GAMING. SOMEONE EARLIER MENTIONED A POPULAR CARTOON SHOW, SO I THOUGHT, HEY, GENERAL FANDOMS.

Hey, original thread-poster? Do you want me to take my post out of here? Honest mistake, you know, but I'm NOT taking it out for big bold all-caps guy.

Aw gee, you do know that wasn't directed at you right? Like you said, someone else mentioned a cartoon. It's a message and it's in big bold letters so that people can see it and not make that mistake.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm glad you rushed in to diffuse, becuase speaking in big bolds like that made me feel like you were being a confrontational jack-....uh....rabbit and were throwing down a gauntlet.

You might have said something such as: This is a Gaming forum topic, therefore, let us keep our disscussion to gaming fanbases, only, thank you." - You can still have that in bold lettering, but I think it come across as less confrontational. I really did think you were coming at me with guns blazing and was ready to dig my claws in and fight. Sometimes, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

I really did make an honest mistake. "General Disscussion" and "General Gaming" are right next to each other and start with the same word. I hardly ever visit the either forum proper, so this thread caught my eye from display on the Main and I mistook where it was.

I'll try to salvage my original post by relating it to gaming: The creator of Trigun is also the principal creator behind a game called Gungrave and its sequel. I've not played Gungrave yet (though I've seen an anime based on it). I'd like to pick it up sometime because, well, thanks to the Trigun fandom, I pretty much know its plot already. That said, I will probably never join the fanbase disscussion/creative fandom just because I *know* that Trigun's fanbase has a crossover to it, and if some of the same jack...rabbits... I knew in Trigun fandom are still rocking Gungrave, and if they are in any way behaving in it as they did in my old fandom, I hate that fanbase without even knowing it yet.

Last edited:

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
Dr. Who.

Yeah, I said it.

I agree completely!!! And another I highly dislike is My Little Pony. Many use language to defend their ponies that would make the magical creatures they live for shrivel up and die. Yeah I went there.

By the way I stole that comment about shriveling and dying from a Game Informer review section. They made fun of how violently bronies responded to a low MLP:FiM rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom