• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fanbase That You Hate.

Hate is a strong word to use to describe my feelings towards certain groups so I'll use the term actively avoid instead. That would be the Call of Duty, Halo and competitive fighting game communities mostly.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
As much as I love Final Fantasy, I genuinely hate its fanbase. Your either a FFVII fanboy or a FFVI hipster. There are so many better games, but those two get the most attention. I've also met a quite a few fans and it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

The Legend of Zelda fanbase also tends to get under my skin. Namely, the ones who treat Ocarina of Time like its a gift from the gods and the rest of the games like it isn't worth the gum under their shoe.

The Call of Duty/Halo/Battlefield fanbases are also despicable. A bunch of 10 year old kids who think they are the coolest thing alive because they can cuss and camp. God forbid you start using a noob tube, and not call it the best gaming franchise ever. But that could also be said for 95% of all first person shooters.

The COD fan base because they think that if you don't like shooters, than you have no idea what video games are, when shooters are basically the same thing in every game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like everybody here, i hate call of duty fanbase, they're just annoying, they tend to think that their games are the best and most of the time they hate on other franchises. They need to know that treyarch (is this how you write it?) or activision (i don't know which one it is) are milking their money (with almost one game every year and dlcs...)

Same goes for some people in the zelda fanbase, the fanboys that will always say that OoT is the best game ever. Now don't get me wrong, i love OoT and i think it's a great game but those people are often bashing new zelda games that are announced, and they often look down on them. It's like they were stuck in 1998!
It's Activision who milks the money. It's no different than Nintendo with every single Mario release (there are literally three types of Mario games: 3D, 2D, and spin off IE Mario Kart), Capcom with their half-assed games and then paid DLC, and so on.

As one such lover of OoT, I can say for a fact that I do not hate new Zeldas because they're not OoT. It's because they don't provide me the same enjoyment as OoT, not even close. The last GOOD 3D Zelda IMO has been The Wind Waker.
-----
As for me, I hate the Zelda fanbase. It basically consists of a bunch of 12 yr old kids who think "lol my game has a story so it's better than yours" and "every shooter is Call of Duty, Call of Duty is bad". Every Zelda is great because it says Zelda, right? And bashing other fanbases who go by that same mentality is cool, right? They then will play some M rated, non shooter game like Assassin's Creed, and go "lol Im so mature". Oh, and let's not forget that none of them understand tournaments, high level play, or what hardcore means in relation to tournaments, high level play, et cetera.

I can't think of any other fanbase that I really hate. It's just specific forums that account for 1/20th of that fanbase.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
It's Activision who milks the money. It's no different than Nintendo with every single Mario release (there are literally three types of Mario games: 3D, 2D, and spin off IE Mario Kart), Capcom with their half-assed games and then paid DLC, and so on.

The difference is the quality. At least Nintendo and Capcom give us quality video games that isn't the same recycled junk (minus Capcon's fighting game fiasco) every time. It's not the milking that I have a problem with, but the quality. Why milk something that sucks? Gee because it makes money! And that's why Activision can care less about quality games. Put Call of Duty and Spider-Man on the cover, and it makes money. Never fails. Nintendo on the other hand, won't make a product if it don't work...

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Like everybody here, I hate the fanbases for Sonic and CoD. CoD fans are pompus know-it-all jackasses and Sonic fans are annoying dweebs clinging to a long-gone franchise. I also hate the fanbases of every teen drama(Twilight, Harry Potter, ect.), it's like they don't have brains.
Then there's the Narutards, they're easily one of the worst fanbases out there. Death Note fans can also be pretty bad although the series itself is great.
Finally, as hypocritical as this is since I am one, some fellow bronies really annoy me. They overuse and abuse memes like crazy and treat MLP like it's a religion, and unfortunately go about their bronyism as if they were religious fanatics. I swear bronyism is becoming to the internet what organized religion is to the real world and it's a shame because only some of us are like this and they're making the fandom as a whole look bad.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
CoD definitely has quality -- that's why it sells so well. The only problems as far as CoD go are the game coding: hit detection, lag compensation, etc. Other, smaller problems include the lack of any real offline content (aside from Black Ops' Combat Training and maybe MW3's Survival Mode), lackluster story, and...idk what else.

Spider Man games sell? What the what is this madness? [I really don't know anything about Spider Man games selling decently as they all suck]

I agree about Nintendo, I wonder heavily why they can get away with their 2D Mario releases. They're literally the same thing each time with the only different being the color palettes and the pixels used to create the game environment + height/weight dimension. Same gameplay every time, just like Call of Duty [jump on top of enemies + hit the flagpole]. Little to no change between releases, just like Call of Duty [same gameplay, same story, same characters, mostly same enemies]. No real story, JUST LIKE CALL OF DUTY [srsly though, Peach/Pauline gets kidnapped by Bowser/his illegitimate kids and gets saved by Mario...all CoD titles have a better story than this]. But what lets Nintendo get away with it?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
CoD definitely has quality -- that's why it sells so well. The only problems as far as CoD go are the game coding: hit detection, lag compensation, etc. Other, smaller problems include the lack of any real offline content (aside from Black Ops' Combat Training and maybe MW3's Survival Mode), lackluster story, and...idk what else.

Just because it sells well doesn't mean that it has quality...Take Sonic for example.

Spider Man games sell? What the what is this madness? [I really don't know anything about Spider Man games selling decently as they all suck]

Yep, Shattered Dimensions was great, but no! Let's copy and paste that and make a new game!

I agree about Nintendo, I wonder heavily why they can get away with their 2D Mario releases. They're literally the same thing each time with the only different being the color palettes and the pixels used to create the game environment + height/weight dimension. Same gameplay every time, just like Call of Duty [jump on top of enemies + hit the flagpole]. Little to no change between releases, just like Call of Duty [same gameplay, same story, same characters, mostly same enemies]. No real story, JUST LIKE CALL OF DUTY [srsly though, Peach/Pauline gets kidnapped by Bowser/his illegitimate kids and gets saved by Mario...all CoD titles have a better story than this]. But what lets Nintendo get away with it?

They offer new and unique level design with new innovative power ups that change the gameplay experience with memorable tunes playing in the background. They pretty much got it right already...what else is there to do other than change and add to, what I said? Since when was Mario about heavy story? The main focus of Mario games are the platforming. Not all games need compelling stories. And Call of Duty actually tries to tell a good war story but fails. Mainly because they aren't unique with the idea. Well...at least not good with the unique idea.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'd have to go out on a limb and say the newer influx of Pokemon fans. Younger kids who take no time to understand what the series was originally and think that legendaries are everything.

FPS fans in general annoy me. I do enjoy a good game of Call of Duty but it goes too far when you consider yourself the best damn tactician and gun expert on the world cause you play CoD. It's one thing to enjoy a game but it's completely different to become an obsessive idiot over a game that has virtually the same mechanics as all of the previous installments with no real changes.

I do agree with onidarklink2. I'm a brony myself and I do enjoy the show. Yes I'll laugh at the internet memes when I come across them and yes some fan art is pretty good. However I know other bronies (one guy at my school in particular) who go out of there way to involve them selves with the ponies. That's a bit too far.

All in all I can stand most fan bases because at the end of the day I don't actually care enough. I'll see kids get in arguments about what's better, Call of Duty or Battlefield. I'll chip in and say, "go learn where games originated. Pick some Mario, Metroid, or Zelda for a change". They'll just say that's lame and I won't care. It's my opinion and I alone dictate it. As for them, they can suffer when FPS's go the way of the Dinosaur:lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All in all I can stand most fan bases because at the end of the day I don't actually care enough. I'll see kids get in arguments about what's better, Call of Duty or Battlefield. I'll chip in and say, "go learn where games originated. Pick some Mario, Metroid, or Zelda for a change".
*cough*Pong,Asteroids,PacMan,GoldenAgeofArcadeGames*cough*
Zelda, Mario, and Metroid are NOT where games originated, I'm sorry to say.
Just because it sells well doesn't mean that it has quality...Take Sonic for example.

Yep, Shattered Dimensions was great, but no! Let's copy and paste that and make a new game!

They offer new and unique level design with new innovative power ups that change the gameplay experience with memorable tunes playing in the background. They pretty much got it right already...what else is there to do other than change and add to, what I said? Since when was Mario about heavy story? The main focus of Mario games are the platforming. Not all games need compelling stories. And Call of Duty actually tries to tell a good war story but fails. Mainly because they aren't unique with the idea. Well...at least not good with the unique idea.
1) The only "bad" Sonic games were those from 2K6 up until Colors (Colors was good).

2) Gee...that doesn't sound like Zelda at all.

3) Every single power up in Mario does one of six things: Give Mario a 1-UP (any non poison Mushroom for the most part), kill the enemy (e.g Fire Flower, Boomerang), stun the enemy (e.g Ice Flower), make Mario invincible, allow Mario to fly (e.g P-Wing, Supra Leaf), or make platforms (e.g Cloud Mario). The new power ups simply add another color palette to a pre-existing design (e.g Ice Flower), or add a new item that previously was foreign to the Mario series. New ways to platforming? What's different from jumping on a pre-rendered platform and jumping on a platform that you create yourself? I'm guessing it's the dynamic of making said platform. The same sorta thing can be used in CoD, and all shooters' defense. Difference between using a pre-positioned turret and using one you can position yourself? Yeah.

Unique map design in CoD = done.
New Killstreaks in CoD = done.
Memorable tunes in CoD = not done.
Since when was CoD about story? The main focus of CoD is the shooting. Not all games need compelling stories (and in CoD's case, you can ignore it entirely by playing MP), granted the game's many attempts do suck. I still cannot put two and two together. Suddenly when a shooting game pops up and does a couple things wrong, everyone acts as if it's the devil. But when a game of their type (i.e kiddy) shows up doing exactly what the shooting game does, everyone clings to it. I don't know what they call it, nostalgia or something like that, but you cannot use double standards. It's unfair and makes no sense.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The only "bad" Sonic games were those from 2K6 up until Colors (Colors was good).

Platinum Hits and Greatest Hits...

Gee...that doesn't sound like Zelda at all.

I know, because The Legend of Zelda offers a whole lot more. Sure it's the same for the most part...but again. What do you expect when it has been done perfectly? At least they always find a way to make it new and innovate while still being The Legend of Zelda. Spider-Man games are no where near perfect. When was the last time Spider-Man set the standard? Spider-Man struggles when it comes to video games. He still hasn't even found himself an identity in video games. Batman has...what gives Spidey? Bogus developers and publishers?

Unique map design in CoD = done.

Really?...

New Killstreaks in CoD = done.

Really?...

Memorable tunes in CoD = not done.

Yep, just characters making death sounds and war sounds...the music is the 9 year old screaming in your ear.

Since when was CoD about story?

Ever since they tried to have a good story...and failed. You know, before and after online was big.

The main focus of CoD is the shooting. Not all games need compelling stories (and in CoD's case, you can ignore it entirely by playing MP), granted the game's many attempts do suck.

That's like saying the main focus of Halo is the shooting...yet, Halo offers much more than that.

I still cannot put two and two together. Suddenly when a shooting game pops up, everyone acts as if it's the devil.But when a game of their type (i.e kiddy) shows up doing exactly what the shooting game does, everyone clings to it. I don't know what they call it, nostalgia or something like that, but you cannot use double standards. It's unfair and makes no sense.

Who is everyone, exactly?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Turo602 said:
Platinum Hits and Greatest Hits...

How is that even related to the topic at hand?

Turo602 said:
I know, because The Legend of Zelda offers a whole lot more. Sure it's the same for the most part...but again. What do you expect when it has been done perfectly? At least they always find a way to make it new and innovate while still being The Legend of Zelda. Spider-Man games are no where near perfect. When was the last time Spider-Man set the standard? Spider-Man struggles when it comes to video games. He still hasn't even found himself an identity in video games. Batman has...what gives Spidey? Bogus developers and publishers?

Precisely. :yes:

Would you rather have a steaming pile of horse **** or a golden apple?

Turo602 said:
the music is the 9 year old screaming in your ear.

The reason why the CoD fanbase is intolerable.

Turo602 said:
Ever since they tried to have a good story...and failed.

CoD 4 had good story to be sure. It just went downhill from there.

VanitasXII said:
CoD definitely has quality -- that's why it sells so well.

As hesitant as i am to admit so, you are right. 95% of games on the market are turds. CoD sells for the same reason Mario does en masse...it's part of the better 5%.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Completely unrelated to videogames, and I know nothing about video game fandoms, but

Beliebers. Directioners. I'm done.
american-psycho-christian-bale.jpg

[video=youtube;kffacxfA7G4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4[/video]

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
How is that even related to the topic at hand?

Gee, I don't know...maybe the fact that it shows off how well a game sells...And how even terrible games sell well.

CoD 4 had good story to be sure. It just went downhill from there.

And it still failed hard... What was the importance of your character? To follow the main character? Epic yo. Good to know that I'm the lead in that game.

As hesitant as i am to admit so, you are right. 95% of games on the market are turds. CoD sells for the same reason Mario does en masse...it's part of the better 5%.

Eh, I'll give you that. But that doesn't mean that Call of Duty has quality. Video games, depending on what they are trying to achieve, have to meet certain credentials. In this case, Call of Duty fails in meeting a lot of them. And no, don't go saying things like it's about shooting and it has shooting because that's just seeing things very blindly.

Last edited:
Really......? Really!?.... no one is gonna say it?......uuugh.. ok i know this is in "general gaming" but i gotta say it....the worst fanbase of all....Juggalos....seriously...im not jumping on any juggalo hating band wagon, ive known a few personally and they are honestly the worst kind of human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom