• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Thanks to Durion for getting the game started and for hosting and moderating it for us. Its quite a lot of work doing one of these games.

Also, thank you for reminding us about the Roles page on the Wiki Keyshe. That should come in handy.

Anyway, so far there isn't much to run with in the first few posts. No real intentions to be seen, nothing super suspicious, and hardly anything to go on to find scum. Zenox, seeing as how the game has just started, only Mafia have any idea who else is Mafia or Townie, and I guarantee that they don't want to share that information.

Seeing as how there isn't much of anything to go off of, we can't really make any claims until more people have showed up and the game has progressed to the point where we can analyze behaviors of those in the game. Well, of course, we can try to analyze those that have posted in the thread, but hardly anything has been said as of yet, so there isn't really much to take note of or analyze. The only things that have been posted are very similar to "the game's up! lets find scum!" While that could trigger discussion (as I'm hoping this post does), it doesn't really do us much good. Its just idle discussion that doesn't go anywhere.

Well the first day is always hard. Until you get to the stage where people are actually accusing one another it is difficult to get a read on anyone. Plus the first flurry of posts tend to be pretty shallow without much meaningful content. This game has been vetted somewhat so there are no total noobs playing, which means that no-one will get lynched during the first day or two just for being inexperienced (as happened in Mafia 4). Sometimes it is good to get a lynch on someone like that though, because it doesn't cost the town too much and from people's reactions to it you get a good source of information on how the town is going.

I've played with most of the town here before, or at least read some of their posts from Mafia 4. There are a fair few very aggressive players and a lot of people who are a bit sneakier in their style. I'm hoping all the players here bring themselves to posting at least a couple of times a week, otherwise the game can stagnate.

Cool. It's finally here. I've only played parts of Arkham Asylum, so I don't know much about Batman.
For the record, you don't really NEED to know about Batman to play this, as it still deals mainly in roles and the like. However, knowing the context could make it funner, so I might recommend Batman Wiki.

Alright guys, let's get going. Anybody have any leads? Someone hurry up and say something awkward/stupid, so we can get this **** real.
Lol, Zenox, the primary point of introducing Beginner's Mafia was so we wouldn't have that whole thing of someone making newbie mistakes and getting killed in the first day. :P

Alright mafia is up. This game seems to be really active. Yay I get to read a lot.:yes:
Lol, don't forget that you're going to have to do a lot of that!

Anyway, so far there isn't much to run with in the first few posts. No real intentions to be seen, nothing super suspicious, and hardly anything to go on to find scum. Zenox, seeing as how the game has just started, only Mafia have any idea who else is Mafia or Townie, and I guarantee that they don't want to share that information.

Seeing as how there isn't much of anything to go off of, we can't really make any claims until more people have showed up and the game has progressed to the point where we can analyze behaviors of those in the game. Well, of course, we can try to analyze those that have posted in the thread, but hardly anything has been said as of yet, so there isn't really much to take note of or analyze. The only things that have been posted are very similar to "the game's up! lets find scum!" While that could trigger discussion (as I'm hoping this post does), it doesn't really do us much good. Its just idle discussion that doesn't go anywhere.
Right, yeah, you've basically got it here. First days usually are awkward, and a lot of Mafia games (from what I've seen) tend to revolve around killing someone pointlessly just to ignite the game. I don't particularly like doing it like that, but even so the first day tends to result in the death of an innocent.

Regardless, with posts like Zenox's, then yours, and this one, things are going to start shifting to a real discussion as we can begin gleaning intentions from these more serious posts. :)

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker

I pretty much second this. There isn’t much to go on just yet, especially seeing as some people haven’t even had time to post in the thread yet. (Which included me until I posted this. Hoorah for my first post. :P) Though as of this post things do seem to be moving along a little more now.

I'm hoping all the players here bring themselves to posting at least a couple of times a week, otherwise the game can stagnate.

Yes, I agree that people should post at least somewhat often, if they can. (Which means at least keeping up with the thread and speaking their mind if something comes up. Which may or may not be the same as posting often, depending on the person. :P)

On that note however, I will say that I might not have much time to post tomorrow. (My weekend looks questionable at this point too, but I should have some time to check in.)

So far Zenox and TheGreen seem super eager to get this game on the roll, could this be a scum tell? Its a little early to decide anything for sure... But I've got mine eyes on you two... (and the rest of ya'll for that matter).

Here's to a good clean game of mafia *cheers*

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Sorry since I'm new to mafia on these forums (we played the same game, but called it Werewolf like I said earlier when signing up), but are we allowed to ask how many mafia members there are around here? It was always stated when I had played before, but you guys are a new group, so I wasn't sure... Sorry if this is a newbie type question, I'm just trying to adjust to how you guys play.

Sorry since I'm new to mafia on these forums (we played the same game, but called it Werewolf like I said earlier when signing up), but are we allowed to ask how many mafia members there are around here? It was always stated when I had played before, but you guys are a new group, so I wasn't sure... Sorry if this is a newbie type question, I'm just trying to adjust to how you guys play.

There are two types of mafia games... Open format, and Closed format... In this type of game, we do not reveal the roles... You have to find them out... Which means you dont know how many mafia you are dealing with... There tends to be 1 mafia to every 4 towns players but sometimes the ratio can be 1:3 or 1:5 as well. It depends on the game mod. Often times there are also Vigilante, Serial Killers, and other nightkilling type roles that may occur causing confusion. The best thing you can do is have an open mind and always assume that someone could be acting a certain way because of their roles... The mafia scum wiki, is very helpful for this, as you can read about all the different roles and analyze if someone is acting a certain way because of their role.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Ah, we must have always played open format then. Well thanks for the info, that's the only thing I was wondering :)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
This looks like its going to be a pretty good game. I'll try to post at least every couple of days, but this weekend it's questionable whether that can happen or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom