• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far Zenox and TheGreen seem super eager to get this game on the roll, could this be a scum tell? Its a little early to decide anything for sure...

You know, Jo. I really didn't think much of this list, but I think I'll bring it up.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=JEEP%27s_Tells_for_Finding_Mafia

Rule number 6: Mafia generally have more information than other players, so whoever picks up on tells/hints easiest is more likely to be mafia.

You seem very eager to jump at people to acuse them, and you instantly seemed to assume TheGreen and I had a tell, which would lead me to assume you have inside information = Mafia.

With that FOS: Baysiderulez

EBWODP: In addition, to remain neutral, you quickly say "It's too early to tell" to try and take the blame away from you, my guess. Just some more facts for the table.

Kirino

Tatakae
You know, Jo. I really didn't think much of this list, but I think I'll bring it up.

Rule number 6: Mafia generally have more information than other players, so whoever picks up on tells/hints easiest is more likely to be mafia.

You seem very eager to jump at people to acuse them, and you instantly seemed to assume TheGreen and I had a tell, which would lead me to assume you have inside information = Mafia.

EBWODP: In addition, to remain neutral, you quickly say "It's too early to tell" to try and take the blame away from you, my guess. Just some more facts for the table.

How is she eager? What in her post makes her seem eager? She's just stating who she thinks is suspicious for what. Also, that rule just seems plain stupid to me. What that basically says is if a player is smart or expirienced, and quickly picks up on hints, he or she is probably scum. Even if I found that rule valid, a FOS? That's far to high for such little evidence. And she say's that it's too early to tell because it is. The game's just getting started, and she has barely any evidence. I'm not trying to defend Bay or anything, but I find you're points invalid.

IGMEOY:Zenox

Accusing your accuser? hmm...

*jots that down in her journal of awesomeness*

So far Zenox and TheGreen seem super eager to get this game on the roll, could this be a scum tell? Its a little early to decide anything for sure... But I've got mine eyes on you two... (and the rest of ya'll for that matter).
How would that be a scumtell though? Eagerness to play, how does that connect to Mafia in the vaguest way? Obviously Mafia can be as eager to play as anyone else, but it's not a trait specific to the Mafia.

Uh... huh... As empty as her statement about eagerness is, yours is equally empty. In what way does her statement imply having more information? Furthermore, how does it even count as picking up a tell, since for reasons stated above eagerness isn't a tell at all? You also cut out half the quote:

There are some notable exceptions. Experience and skill should be taken into consideration.
^ Which is obviously applicable to Jo given how many games she's played...

Um. Can you guys make accusations that have basis, please?

David

But you called me here...

Yes, Mafia know more than other players. That's part of being in the Mafia. What I don't understand about your post is that you seem to be attacking Jo just because she said that she's keeping her eye on you. I'm kinda guessing that you think that its scum tell that she's keeping her eye on you because its so early in the game. In Mafia, we are all keeping our eyes on every other player. That's the point of Mafia. Only Mafia know other Mafia, and the Mafia, by deduction, can determine who's anti-Mafia. Townies have no idea (unless they're a cop, or other power role) who else are townies until they analyze the behaviors of others posting.

You may be right to suspect Jo of having scum-like properties, but its too early in the game for you to know for sure. She was only pointing out that you were making quite a push to get some action going. In my opinion, the first day is to see what other players play like. Its a good way to try and see a pattern in other players. There is no need for such a large push, especially when not everyone has posted in the thread. We need more time to see some playing styles and behaviors before we can really analyze and push for a lynch at this point in the game.

Jo is a very good player in this game. She knows scum-tell signs very well. She might be right with her slight suspicion on you, Zenox.

Also, accusing your accuser could be considered scum-tell as well. I'm not sure what your true motives are, but I'm going to keep my eye on you, Zenox.

Also, Zenox, how is she being eager?

EBWODP: Man... that was a super ninja attack...

I'm not accusing anyone of anything at this point. I'm just going to keep my eye on you Zenox.

Wow, I thought it was plainly obvious she was being eager, but I'd be happy to explain. First post of the game and has already acused two people. I wasn't really suprised that I was being acused, I expected that, but I really didn't get the impression that TheGreen was being eager at all, and more than certainly that doesn't make him scum. She seems quick to acuse, almost like she knows something we don't, but Axle brings up the very valid point that the article also brought up, so.

I'm just going to lower all suspicions of Jo for awhile until I have some real evidence, I guess.

EBWODP: inb4 Y U EXPECT PEOPLE ACCUSE YOU?

Most people in this game (inexperienced scum mostly) tend to try and warp what people say to mean something totally different. Because I tend to post quite a bit, I'm a common target for that, and after rereading some of the things I wrote, I thought "Yeah, someone's going to bring that up later ..." quite a bit, y'know?

EBWODP2: Due to the fact that this is the only post by TheGreen:

Firstsies :3

Great scene. Super pumped to get goin'.

I'm going to assume that original accusation was just for teh lulz, so I'm going to disregard it entirely, well ... not entirely ... you get the point.

Last edited:

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=JEEP's_Tells_for_Finding_Mafia

I wouldn't say Jo was jumping at people, she just pointed out something minor. There is nothing else we have to go on, so she is trying to get things started. Even if she had said something more aggressive though, I still wouldn't find it suspicious, because that's just how her play style is.

Another thing, it says that Zenox edited his last post. Not sure if it is a glitch or not.

Notice that his post was posted 5 minutes AFTER the time he edited it... Thats how you know its a Auto Post Merge and NOT an edit.

EBWODP
I wouldn't say Jo was jumping at people, she just pointed out something minor. There is nothing else we have to go on, so she is trying to get things started. Even if she had said something more aggressive though, I still wouldn't find it suspicious, because that's just how her play style is.

Why thank you, I love not having to defend myself... Keep going :P

Everyone knows my position in mafia is the Town Conversation starter... might get me killed. Might prove to be helpful in scum hunting. Guess we will find out now won't we?

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
So far Zenox and TheGreen seem super eager to get this game on the roll, could this be a scum tell? Its a little early to decide anything for sure... But I've got mine eyes on you two... (and the rest of ya'll for that matter).

Here's to a good clean game of mafia *cheers*

False, this is eager:

Let's hunt some scum.

Time to start hunting some mafia scum

All ready to hunt scum!

hunting the scum

I've got mine eyes on you two...

See what I did thar? ;)

EBWODP
Blatant misquotes are blatant [for effect].

EBWODP
Also: Why is everyone defending Jo? Is it just 'cause she doesn't troll?

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
... Not a whole lot has changed, so there isn't much for me to post. I would have to say both Bay and Zenox look right and wrong on their suspicions to be. I'm taking note of their reactions. I come to similar conclusions as Bay did on Zenox and TheGreen, but on more minor scale. I too take notice of those who are eager to play, as well as those who don't. There is little to be found on the firsts posts, but I have noticed that you can get some evidence on the persons behavior as the days evolve.

Such as this old quote from the first mafia game from the Serial Killer himself--
Master Kokiri 9 said:
And so the game is afoot. For the good of the town, the Mafia and that dastardly serial killer must die.

But that may not be as much a case in this game with players who have been made sure know what they were getting into. That is a bit of a newbie mistake

That is the fun with mafia... this game evolves fast.

I'm thankful for my background in behavioral science. It definitely gives me an edge on trying to find the reason people do things. And Kesh, you're right TheGreen and Zenox were subtle. They were enough at this stage to warrant mentioning, but not to warrant action. I do find it particular that Zenox backed down so willingly after opposition by several people. It well... Makes me want to examine his opposition further.

I mean I know i'm Innocent, wouldn't it be wise of the mafia to protect me? In my death it would make them appear clean. The same tactic I used in Mafia 3 when I was the godmother... Just something to think about.

EBWODP:

IGMEOY - Hero of Music, Illmatic, & DracoMajora

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Woah. First post and already some accusations here. I shall enjoy another round of this.

Another thing, it says that Zenox edited his last post. Not sure if it is a glitch or not.

It's not a glitch, it's what happens when you double post. You can tell by the fact that the post was edited 5 minutes before it was actually posted (according to the forums anyway).

Sorry since I'm new to mafia on these forums (we played the same game, but called it Werewolf like I said earlier when signing up), but are we allowed to ask how many mafia members there are around here? It was always stated when I had played before, but you guys are a new group, so I wasn't sure... Sorry if this is a newbie type question, I'm just trying to adjust to how you guys play.

This is a closed round, meaning that you will not be able to find out things such as the ratio of Townies to Mafia, which roles are included in this game...etc, items of that nature.

EBWODP
Also: Why is everyone defending Jo? Is it just 'cause she doesn't troll?

I'm probably jumping the gun here, and I wouldn't have considered it suspicious had they not responded so quickly. What I think it is is that Jo is Mafia, being a really experienced player, they don't want to lose her, so the fellow Mafia came in and defended. Naturally, townies probably jumped into the bandwagon, but that's what they want. If Jo is Mafia, I'd say the first few that defended her are Mafia as well.

I do find it particular that Zenox backed down so willingly after opposition by several people.

I never back down unless evidence against my theory is presented that I agree with. Here it is:

You also cut out half the quote:

^ Which is obviously applicable to Jo given how many games she's played...

I knew that was there, but hadn't really thought it applicable, so considered it useless information. Now that Axle brings up the fact that you do indeed fall under that branch, I figured that he was right, so backed out. I had already said that, by the way. Backing out I don't think should be a good reason to think someone Mafia, unless they didn't back out with good reason.

EBWODP:

IGMEOY - Hero of Music, Illmatic, & DracoMajora

I really don't see this necessary, as the only reason you listed was the fact that they defended you. That hardly seems like a good one at all.

I probably should have EBWODP'ed those, as it says I edited all those, appologies.

I'm thankful for my background in behavioral science. It definitely gives me an edge on trying to find the reason people do things

I have no idea why you'd ever bring this up unless you were trying to gain trust. You're in the middle of a fight, so obviously gaining trust would be the thing to do, but what I've seen you do in this post was something that Master Kokiri 9 so imfamously did in the last game (? Last game I was in) where he used his previous Serial Killer status and strategies to gain our trust, then when he proved to be right, we followed him right until the end. You're doing something of that nature, albeit much more subtle here.

In my death it would make them appear clean. The same tactic I used in Mafia 3 when I was the godmother... Just something to think about.

Yes, and it was the same tactic Master Kokiri 9 did as well.

just realized I kinda took that out of context, appologies, let me re-explain. With that quote, you're using MK9's strategy of using your past experience as Mafia to frame someone. When it proves to be right, we all follow you. MK9 did if fabulously and only failed due to a compulsive kill by the Vigilante. You seem to be at the beginning of doing the same thing, Jo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom