• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Scooby Doo Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
That sounds pretty fool proof I think, though I havent had very long to think about it

Idk whatchu mean random benefits, we both got a double vote from the Scooby snacks so at first I thought there were default functions of each item but this time we both got items that seemed related to the abilities we already had.

Also I just got home from work and I've gotta sleep soon so I can go to work so y'all wont see much of me until tomorrow afternoon sometime if youre wondering where I went. My vote on Doc is staying
Idk if votes automatically flip to me or if you have to revote but it would probably be best if you did that, just to be safe

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Giri just admitted that he is investigative proof, and that doesn't seem productive to someone who is already Town. As scary a thought of Deku being a Mafia strongman is, perhaps the safest route is to lynch Giri?
Roles. Aren't. Related. To. Alignment. In. This. Game.
Town Godfather, Mafia alignment Cop, it doesn't matter aaaa
sdfasdgdfghdfshdghgf

If Deku is mafia then they can shoot twice today and win, he's a Strongman Vigilante, not a Strongman. So no, if there's the slightest chance of Deku being scum he's the priority for today. Since he's what's causing the game to possibly end this cycle, if we lynch him we'll still have another day phase to work with and it will have reduced PoE.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
sdfasdgdfghdfshdghgf

If Deku is mafia then they can shoot twice today and win, he's a Strongman Vigilante, not a Strongman. So no, if there's the slightest chance of Deku being scum he's the priority for today. Since he's what's causing the game to possibly end this cycle, if we lynch him we'll still have another day phase to work with and it will have reduced PoE.
Yeah but why would a Townie need to appear green if they are already green? If it's an attempt to maje roles NAI, cool, it's not very practical for that town player though, I'm sorry.

The Dead
1. Johnny Sooshi (Simone Lenoir masquerading as Shaggy Rogers The 1x commuter/Neighbor).
2. Mellow Ezlo (Beau Neville the ninja/1x cop).
3. Poy (Luna the Healer).
4. Rubik (Thorn the 1x Witch).
5. Poka (Red Herring the Miller/Hint Deceiver).
6. Mido (The Mystery Machine the Tracker).
Seems that some players receive two roles - As in Miller/Hint Deceiver. I'm guessing one is for if you roll scum and one if you roll town? THat being said, I'm not sure what Giri showing babyface implies if this is true, since Giri is also supposed to be a neighbour.

I'll have to go back and see, but I don't think Johnny ever claimed to be a commuter, only neighbour.

sdfasdgdfghdfshdghgf

I'm having a hard time finding a flaw in this argument, since Deku has confirmed the vig ability, so I'm leaning pretty heavily towards voting Deku. I still have to ponder your plan though re: funnier and SMS before deciding whether or not to vote (since I don't want the day to surprise end, since only four votes are needed).

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm having a hard time finding a flaw in this argument, since Deku has confirmed the vig ability, so I'm leaning pretty heavily towards voting Deku. I still have to ponder your plan though re: funnier and SMS before deciding whether or not to vote (since I don't want the day to surprise end, since only four votes are needed).
I have no plan to vote just yet, I'm trying to think things over.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
Deku is the currently the most reasonable choice currently even though if we persuade Deku not to use his ability he could be scum and use it to the end the game.
But lynching Deku gives another day for sure. If he flips town funnier and me are gonna look bad
The other reason I'm voting for Deku is because. of what happened in D1. Doc wasn't here around and infant let his joke vote on funnier during the final vote count.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm almost certain that one of us is lying, so let's review possible explanations.

1. The first option is that funnier is scum and lying while Ex is town, but this raises two obvious questions. First, why would he make up this elaborate scheme just to lynch Doc when he probably would've been lynched today anyway? Second, how would he know that Ex is the rolecop? The only explanations I can think of for the latter are 1. that Ex is his scumbud or 2. that he got lucky by using his vampire ability on Ex without knowing his role.

The problem with the latter (aside from the obvious absurdity of funnier using his role on a random townie and just getting lucky) is that it would require him to not even have used his rolecop shot last night, meaning his result on Doc would have to be made up. But if Ex is town, then funnier would've had no way of knowing who he'd targeted, meaning that any attempt by funnier to lie about either his own role or Doc's could've easily been countered and exposed. All of this risk for little to no conceivable benefit. So based on this alone, we can basically discount the possibility of funnier being scum and Ex being town.

2. The second assumption, that they're both scumbuds, is the scariest one, but it makes more sense and explains how funnier could know Ex's role and Doc's. It also explains how funnier could lie about his role or Doc's, since he wouldn't have to worry about a rolecop exposing him. It would also help explain the NKs so far: I had initially thought that funnier, SMS, and I were obvious NK choices and that scum's failure to kill us indicates their inexperience and/or their belief that they could get us lynched. But under this possibility, since funnier's scum, it would make sense not to kill himself (obviously) and to keep SMS and I alive so that he'd be less likely to be targeted.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is why they'd go this far to lynch someone who would've likely been lynched regardless, and I can only imagine it's because funnier actually used his ability to gain Doc's role, or because he lied about his role, which is actually what he claims Doc's role is. Basically, getting Doc lynched on this would win them the game. Still, it seems like serious overkill.

3. The third option is that Ex is scum and funnier is town. This would be simpler and only require Ex to lie about his rolecop results. The problem is that two of his results (SMS and Giri) are already being confirmed, meaning that the only result he could lie about would be his first one on naga, given that he'd already claimed. If he's scum, though, then he lied about his last result at least, the one on the previous night. It's possible that SMS and Giri were his N1 and N2 results, and that he didn't use his role or was blocked last night, and just made naga up as his first result while pushing the other two back.

There's various possible reasons Ex could've chosen to lie in this case. What I don't understand is why he wouldn't use his role the previous night, and I can't think of a particularly good explanation, unless he was somehow blocked. But then, why wouldn't he (or whoever blocked him) just say that? This option, I think, also makes it somewhat difficult to explain the NKs. If I were scum Ex, then I would want to kill the most town read and experienced players (funnier, SMS, and I), and the only reason I can think of for Ex deciding not to do so is if his scumbud is one of those three.

4. None of us are lying and there's just some bizarre role or item or something in the set-up that's making this happen for reasons that are inexplicable. That, or either funnier or Ex decided to lie as town for some incomprehensible reason.

tl;dr: Both the assumption that funnier is scum and that Ex is scum ultimately lead to Ex being scum, as far as I can tell. I may be missing something or have made a mistake in my reasoning, in which case I'd appreciate them being pointed out, but that's what makes sense to me currently.

Overall, none of these scenarios really make much sense to me and all seem unlikely. Honestly, based on the possibility of both funnier and Ex being scum, part of me wants to push for killing Ex first and then go from there, and the main reason I'm not doing that is the remote possibility of number 4. If we end up lynching Doc, though, then if he flips scum, funnier should be confirmed and we'll go for Ex. If he flips town, then we'll see, but I'll probably go for Ex anyway.

In addition to who to lynch, we also need to think of a way to use our roles in the most productive way possible to find scum, and any suggestions to that effect are worth considering.
Well actually his conclusion was Ex is scum. Idk I'm not thinking very straight at the moment... If your ability is to be trusted Kirino, we still have a confliction with funnier saying he rolecopped last night and Ex doing it too, but only one showing up with your reads.

I kind of feel like scum is within them, or that they are scumbuds. We should probably go back and see Ex's reaction to Naga's roleclaim, I'm wondering if Ex used his rolecop on Doc on one of the nights, and funnier is relaying that. In this scenario, Ex just replaced one of his reads with Naga's roleclaim because Naga already claimed in the last day phase.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I kind of feel like scum is within them, or that they are scumbuds. We should probably go back and see Ex's reaction to Naga's roleclaim, I'm wondering if Ex used his rolecop on Doc on one of the nights, and funnier is relaying that. In this scenario, Ex just replaced one of his reads with Naga's roleclaim because Naga already claimed in the last day phase.
I actually softed knowing Naga's ability before he claimed here in one of the night chats when I asked if he was going to use it during the night. I also wanted him to be the one to take the hint that night because I knew that roleblocker is a powerful role in scum's hand. Whoever was in that night chat can probably confirm I did those.

And if I was scum Rolecop and had copped town Doc/Deku why would I leave them alive for so long? Why risk letting a role that can take one scum down for free walking around?
I'm telling the truth about my targets and their order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom