• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Riddles

I'll tell you guys 1 thing the game is Link's Awakening because that the only LoZ game that has Mario references in it.
That is wrong:
The original Zelda has the flute.
AlttP has Mario-Paintings on walls.
OoT has the bowser-nacklace and some other Paintings inside of Hyrule Castle. Talon looks like Mario... and some more.
But regarding this riddle the game is right ;)

The above two people are incorrect, but I know what the item is. It's the Magic Powder from LA.
Sorry, but what two People do you mean and what item? The current riddle isn't about an item.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
DARK_MASTER yesterday told me about about this glitch It maybe it.

Kill 89 enemies without leaving the overworld, then kill a particular 90th enemy to get the tunic of your choice.

Enemy indices--Every enemy on a screen has an index. A single onscreen enemy usually has index zero (the urchin near the sword is index 2), and multiple onscreen enemies will have indices 0, 1, 2, etc.

How it works-- the game writes the actor index of each enemy you kill to an array that follows the enemy kill counter. If you kill enough enemies, it will go beyond the bounds of the array and into the color data for the onscreen sprites. This starts with Link (90th "entry" in the array), and continues on to the various onscreen things.

I suspect that this comes from the porting to GBC. In LA, that data would be unused, as there would be no color data for a B&W game. When adding the color data, they forgot about that array routine, and never noticed it since even if someone did kill 90 enemies in a row in the overworld, there's a good chance that enemy has index 00 and thus does nothing.

No, knight, this still isn't the correct answer. I'll repeat all hints so that neither of you has to scroll through the pages to find it all... don't wanna have less guessers here:
I lead to another really weird dimension.
With weird is meant really weird.

Rephrasing the riddle:
I lead to another really weird world.
What the other world looks like depends on what you have done before entering it.
If you use another entrance to go inside of me you'll find someone you would expect in another game series.

Not everybody finds the entrance to the other world. In fact, not even every Player knows about it.
But everybody finds the entrance which leads to the character.
The character from the other series is from the Mariogames. He is a bad guy there but he helps you in the game the riddle is about.
The other weird world was not supposed to be this way... it is a glitch.
We are talking about Link's Awakening.

New hint:
What the other worls looks like really depends on how many enemies you've killed. (And no, the other dimension isn't a tunic!)
We're not looking for the glitch but for a place here. The place can be seen in the game without knowing or executing the glitch!
But without executing the glitch you won't see anything weird :)

These contradict themselves. If you "lead" to a place, you can't be the place itself. What do you want?
It doesn't. It is not the place it leads to. But it is a place itself...
penguinboy82 said:
Come on, dude. We've been guessing for at least two weeks. Just tell us the answer. :/
Yeah, I guess nobody knows.
If you go inside from the "downside", you'll meet the character from the other series - bow wow.
If you go to the upper right, you'll be transported to the weirdest dungeon ever - that is the glitch.
the right answer would have been: bow wow's kennel
The glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbCvXR2HCEg or http://artemis251.fobby.net/zelda/kennel/kennel.php

So I guess it is my turn to create a new riddle... I hope this time someone will solve it :)

Listen to the one who sold his soul to the devil and sleep gently in this cave
or leave fast to the canyon where many found their grave!
Where are you and what are you listening to?
This one shouldn't be that hard to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom