• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Music Vs. Dubstep Zelda

Original vs. Remix

• Dubstep Remix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I like the original. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Zeldasteps done by Ephixa but when your playing a Zelda game, it seems out of place...

Kaleb Dampf

YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/F3artheReaper
U cannot kill the original. With the release of the 25th anniversary cd last year.... nothing beats an original.

I actaully love Zeldastep<3
I have a bunch of Zeldastep tracks, I also have the original music, though. And I don't always prefer one over the other. It depends on my mood. If I'm feeling upbeat and happy, I'll listen to the Zeldastep, but if I wanna calm down, or am working on something important, and just want soft background music, I'll listen the the originals...

I'm not trying to insult anyone (and even if I was it would pretty much be equally insulting to everyone present, lol), but I actually find this thread somewhat surreal. Why would a remix ever be intended or considered to be better than the original? I mean yeah, sometimes you can have a remix that's actually better, at least in someone's eyes, but that's rarely the point of a remix at all.

Remastering, rearranging... these are things that are typically done with the explicit intention of improving the song... and even then not everyone intends it even then. But remixing? 90% of the time remixing is just messing around with the song, having fun with it, and seeing what you can do with it. Take for example OverClocked ReMix. No one on that site is trying to improve or replace the original song. They're just using existing songs as a creative tool.

As far as the question of the thread goes... of course not. Of course the dubstep remixes are not better than the originals. They were never intended to be.

I hate to say this but dubstep doesn't seem to fit it very well.
Again, it's not always about fitting the song. Some remixes match the style of the original, and that's one way to go about it, but plenty of them mess around with the song and see what else they can do with it. It's not about fitting the original, nor improving it or replacing it.

U cannot kill the original. With the release of the 25th anniversary cd last year.... nothing beats an original.
... Bro the 25th Anniversary orchestral arrangements aren't the originals either. :P

Sorry, but I almost broke my computer when I heard the dubstep. HOW DARE THEY RUIN ZELDA! It.... it ruined my childhood. Thanks, dubstep. ;n;

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dubstep in my opinion is nothing but dirt. Come on, easily Zelda music wins this category for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom