• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword ZD Community Gives No Love to SS? :(

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's interesting to see everyone's different opinions. Even the nay-sayers are making pretty valid points. I guess the pre-release hype kind of ruined it for a lot of the people who don't like SS. I for one think SS will blow me away once I play it for the first time. I'm very optimistic about it depsite the nay-sayers. I hope it lives up to the hype I've gotten from it (I'm not really worried about it though Nintendo does a great job with Zelda)!

If you ever have issues with the controls: Advice For Common Skyward Sword Control Problems

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
It's interesting to see everyone's different opinions. Even the nay-sayers are making pretty valid points. I guess the pre-release hype kind of ruined it for a lot of the people who don't like SS. I for one think SS will blow me away once I play it for the first time. I'm very optimistic about it depsite the nay-sayers. I hope it lives up to the hype I've gotten from it (I'm not really worried about it though Nintendo does a great job with Zelda)!

Oh, for sure the game has some issues. It's not a perfect 10/10, but then again I don't think ANY game is, every game has its flaws. But still, I think that you'll really enjoy it, like you said Nintendo does a great job with Zelda games.

Give it 5, maybe 10 years. By then, any hate towards the Skyward Sword will decrease like The Wind Waker.

I don't hate the game but I did find it really boring and a lot of what Link was tasked with felt unnecessary. I didn't find the motion+ control to be anything special or fun either.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
It's not my favorite Zelda game but I don't hate it.

I probably would have enjoyed it more if it had more traditional controls and less fetch quests. And if Fi wasn't so captain obvious. The music was good but it wasn't as catchy and fun as some of the other games like WW.

That said, though, there were things I really liked about this game. First there were some really good dungeons in this game. The Ancient Cistern and the Sanship, especially. There were some interesting new items like the beetle. I did like the graphical style.

There were lots of new things that SS experimented with that I'd like to see return. The boss lightning round, the hero mode option, the item upgrade system to name a few.

I had no idea that people disliked SS. What is there to dislike about it? I think it's an absolutely brilliant game, second only to OOT.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Give it 5, maybe 10 years. By then, any hate towards the Skyward Sword will decrease like The Wind Waker.

True. It seems like the newest game in the series gets the most complaints until a new game replaces it. People tend to compare the new games to older titles.

I remember before SS came out when alot of people were complaining about Twilight Princess. Once SS came out, complaints about TP seemed to have decreased significantly.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
I had no idea that people disliked SS. What is there to dislike about it? I think it's an absolutely brilliant game, second only to OOT.

That's what I've heard around the gaming community as a whole (Not the ZD community). That's why I made this thread, I'm really shocked to see so many LoZ fans hating on such a brilliant-looking game.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Skyward Sword is an amazing game it's my personal favorite, It has some flaws but motion control is not one of them! I thought the motion controls were brilliant and they are my favorite controls in the series, now there are a lot of flaws with it's story and it could've done more with the sky and it didn't delve into the rpg elements as much as would've liked, that said it is still an epic ride! I like to think of Skyward Sword as the Zelda II of the 3D Zelda's. It's a good game, it's just a game that experimented with a lot of different things, and because of that a lot of people aren't going to impressed with it. That being said my biggest issue with SS is that it wasn't a very good prequel, which actually didn't bother me as much until I heard a Random rant on this subject, but all in all SS is my favorite game in the series and while it has flaws I enjoyed it. Like I always say though this is just my opinion and you don't have to agree.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
Skyward Sword is an amazing game it's my personal favorite, It has some flaws but motion control is not one of them! I thought the motion controls were brilliant and they are my favorite controls in the series, now there are a lot of flaws with it's story and it could've done more with the sky and it didn't delve into the rpg elements as much as would've liked, that said it is still an epic ride! I like to think of Skyward Sword as the Zelda II of the 3D Zelda's. It's a good game, it's just a game that experimented with a lot of different things, and because of that a lot of people aren't going to impressed with it. That being said my biggest issue with SS is that it wasn't a very good prequel, which actually didn't bother me as much until I heard a Random rant on this subject, but all in all SS is my favorite game in the series and while it has flaws I enjoyed it. Like I always say though this is just my opinion and you don't have to agree.

I haven't played it yet. I probably should've made this thread AFTER Christmas, which is when I'll have most likely beaten it, haha! The game looks amazing to me and honestly every game has flaws, OoT is my favorite LoZ and it has plenty of flaws.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The hype mainly killed it for me (and for many others too), I had so many expectations for SS and not even half of them got lived up to. However it was 100% my own fault for building up that hype and I've learned from my mistake, now with Zelda U on the horizon I won't be expecting anything huge but nothing worthless either, just a regular game that I'll be able to kill time with.

Kirino

Tatakae
For me, Skyward Sword was a fantastic game. It definitely met all of the expectations that I had for it, which is saying a lot considering how high they were. The motion controls are practically flawless, and most people have few issues. Most of the issues that occur are simply user error instead of actual flaws with the motion controls themselves.

Like RP said, it's not quite 50/50. Most people like Skyward Sword, and think of it as a great game. Many people just have a lot of negative things to say, but they still like the game. Few people legitimitely hate Skyward Sword. It's just that, for many people, it didn't live up to their expectations. The people who dislike Skyward Sword tend to be more vocal. I know a guy who constantly talks about how many flaws Skyward Sword had, yet he's currently on his 4th playthrough. For the most part, the Zelda community still likes the game.

Also, don't let other people talk you out or change your opinions. If it looks good to you, get it. If I only listened to reviews and other peoples opinions, I never would have bought Resident Evil 6 or Final Fantasy XIII, both of which I ended up loving .It does have quite a bit of flaws, but most of them are minor, and pale in comparison to the sheer amount of things Skyward Sword improves on and does right.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oh yeah, another reason is because fans were ludicrous enough to believe two things

1) That a prequel game would tie up all the loose ends and explain everything.

2) Skyward Sword would be challenging because enemies hit more.

They forgot two things though...

1) This is Zelda.

2) This is Zelda...and damage has very little to do with difficulty when the enemies can't even hit you.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
Oh yeah, another reason is because fans were ludicrous enough to believe two things

1) That a prequel game would tie up all the loose ends and explain everything.

2) Skyward Sword would be challenging because enemies hit more.

They forgot two things though...

1) This is Zelda.

2) This is Zelda...and damage has very little to do with difficulty when the enemies can't even hit you.

I agree with your last two statements. Btw your signature is 110% true and hilarious! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom