• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Elitist bae, but im not mad if you arent. It's a niche game. Still, it was so satisfying to see everyone not know who Shulk was and then clamor for a sold out game.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
actually there is a bit of a split in the fanbase b/w those who played the game by their own means [elitists pretty much],and those who played it b/c of smash/chuggaaconroy
i should know....im pro elistist ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am halfway elitist and "one of those". I got the original in early 2013, after seeing X and it's possibilities. I knew that Chuggaaconroy really loved it, and I have very similar taste in games. So I decided to get it. Never regretted it. However, my Wii ate the disk, and the Wii broke, simultaneously breaking the disk. I now have a copy again however, and that's a great thing

But there is something to be said about people screaming for a game when they haven't even played it though.

It cannot be helped though, if anything, I am glad that Monolithsoft is getting really good publicity. They really deserve it, and they deserve amazing sales.

Elitist bae, but im not mad if you arent. It's a niche game. Still, it was so satisfying to see everyone not know who Shulk was and then clamor for a sold out game.
There is totally. I'm kind of neither actually. I've always wanted to play it since the Wii days but never had the chance till now. I wuld have played XC Wii when the VC got it even if SSB4 didn't exist. I don't really like SSB4 honestly (I loved Melee and brawl though).

Personally I don't really care why someone likes a game. Just liking it is enough for me. We can all enjoy the same amazing game. I hope XCX really sells well in December. Monolithsoft deserve it as do the localisation teams. I hope NoE doesn't botcher the PAL release like they butchered SSB4. Bill Trinnen needs to get himself over to the NoE HQ and kick the entire localisation collective ass there. Tell NoE to do a better job localising games or they will be replaced with people who can do a better job. Totally unacceltable NoE's standard of localisation. NoA on the other hand does a pretty good job localising games.

Back on topic. As I am playing XC Wii on the VC I am coming to the realisation that the game is very un-Nintendo. As it's something that PS fans would love. It's not strange or quirky like most of the Nintendo IPs are. It's so unlike anything else on the Wii. XCX has the same issue for the WiiU. The closest thing to it would probably be Hyrule Warriors and even that is worlds apart from XCX. I so hope XCX sells well. This kind of game would really help sell Nintendo to the hardcore gamers. Those folk who consider Mario and Zelda games to be beneath them.

Well.... I am very sorry about this @the8thark...... And other Europeans and Australians.
The Release date for you guys has been set, and is confirmed by ebgames.
https://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-157942-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Wii-U
The game for you guys is coming out on December 15th, a full 11 days after the US will get Xenoblade Chronicles X. That sucks a lot for you guys :/
Only 11 days difference? That's not bad conpared to the months we have gotten games after the US in the past. I know equal dates would have been nice. But it is what it is. We're used to it by now. Still thanks for the shoutout and your concern.

Personally I'm not too worried as I'll have Super Mario Maker, XC Wii, The new Diablo 3 season and Hearthstone to keep me occupied till then. Abd who knows, SFZ might just release before XCX too here.

At least this will be one game that few people will have 100% finished in those 11 days.

I wonder if NA will ever get XC on the VC any time soon? At the moment they seem to be getting VC games after EU/Aus.

@Lozjam how much is the NZ standard version and collectors edition going for? Do you know? I always wanted to know the prices in NA for it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@the8thark
Well, it's good that you took this well. At least it isn't Smash, haha. Mario Maker will be taking a ton of my time!
For Xenoblade X, and for almost all retail Wii U games, it will cost $60. However, I am not sure about the special edition.... We do not even know the contents of it, so it is hard to tell. I am guessing it will be in the $80-$100 range.

@Lozjam Our Collectors edition is $109. And since we pay on average $20 more than you (But this time it's $30 more, $60 for you and $90 for us for the standard edition). That could be a before and after tax thing. I still don't fully get which products in the US are listed pre tax and which after tax. Here in Australia it's all after tax, as in sales tax is already included in the listed price. This makes me think you'll be paying $90 for your collectors edition. I can't wait to find out what your colelctors edition has. Nintendo of America did say the NA version was a unique Collectors Edition. How unique? I think only time will tell.

And thanks for your comments. We take it well here because we just expect it. When we get games like Super Mario Maker that are released on roughly the same date we thank our lucky stars and take it as a nice bonus.

If someone like Prima put out a game guide for XCX would you get it? I am thinking I will if there is a hardcover version with some nice artwork.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Lozjam Our Collectors edition is $109. And since we pay on average $20 more than you (But this time it's $30 more, $60 for you and $90 for us for the standard edition). That could be a before and after tax thing. I still don't fully get which products in the US are listed pre tax and which after tax. Here in Australia it's all after tax, as in sales tax is already included in the listed price. This makes me think you'll be paying $90 for your collectors edition. I can't wait to find out what your colelctors edition has. Nintendo of America did say the NA version was a unique Collectors Edition. How unique? I think only time will tell.

And thanks for your comments. We take it well here because we just expect it. When we get games like Super Mario Maker that are released on roughly the same date we thank our lucky stars and take it as a nice bonus.

If someone like Prima put out a game guide for XCX would you get it? I am thinking I will if there is a hardcover version with some nice artwork.
Nope. Prima guides are pretty expensive, and kind of useless considering that we have the internet. I will only get it if it comes with the Limited Edition in the US(Of which I would have no choice), and I might, might get it if it has some great artwork and the prequel stories(Told on the Japanese website) for Tatsu.

Another update:
PAL is indeed getting the game the same date as the US.
EBgames was very much incorrect.
The game is coming to both Europe, and the US on December 4th
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/635783924828999680

So yayyyyy
@Lozjam That's the risk you have for getting dates out early. You can get them wrong. It's nice that the dates are the same. I don't see any reason for the dates to be different to be honest. Sure XCX is a huge amount of localisation but Nintendo have them months to do it. I don't think a week or so would have made much difference in this lengthy time scale.

Also EU does not always have the same release dates as Aus. Or even the same releases. The gold and silver Mario Amiibo are a good example of this. Aus got both and EU neither. So the EU and NA are getting the game on the same day, that is great. But Nintendo-ANZ have not mentioned a date yet as far as I know. When they do someone here, me or someone else will share the info with us all.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Lozjam That's the risk you have for getting dates out early. You can get them wrong. It's nice that the dates are the same. I don't see any reason for the dates to be different to be honest. Sure XCX is a huge amount of localisation but Nintendo have them months to do it. I don't think a week or so would have made much difference in this lengthy time scale.

Also EU does not always have the same release dates as Aus. Or even the same releases. The gold and silver Mario Amiibo are a good example of this. Aus got both and EU neither. So the EU and NA are getting the game on the same day, that is great. But Nintendo-ANZ have not mentioned a date yet as far as I know. When they do someone here, me or someone else will share the info with us all.
Ah I see. But wouldn't the different release dates for Europe and Australia not even matter... I mean, you could easily just import the game from Europe if it comes out in Europe before Australia. I don't think it would cost that much more as well. In America, to import games, it is just like a $10-$20 difference to get a game from Japan(Though, the region locking hurts us a ton).

Ah I see. But wouldn't the different release dates for Europe and Australia not even matter... I mean, you could easily just import the game from Europe if it comes out in Europe before Australia. I don't think it would cost that much more as well. In America, to import games, it is just like a $10-$20 difference to get a game from Japan(Though, the region locking hurts us a ton).
Yes you can order EU games, I did that for Skyward sword and WWGC because I bought both pretty late (still available) but UK versions were the best price. If I had nothing else to play at that time I'd do as you say and look into importing it. But because I'll have other things to play, I will not be starved of games for that week, so it's pretty much a non issue for me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yes you can order EU games, I did that for Skyward sword and WWGC because I bought both pretty late (still available) but UK versions were the best price. If I had nothing else to play at that time I'd do as you say and look into importing it. But because I'll have other things to play, I will not be starved of games for that week, so it's pretty much a non issue for me.
Ah, I see.
I am going to buy this game ASAP. I am going to have classes that day unfortunately, but as soon as I get out, I am going right to my game store and am going straight home.
I have been waiting for this game since:

The game has come so far....
It has been a long time, it will be close to 3 years from when it will be released. It's development changed midway, to make way for online features.....
Man... It has been a long wait, and I hope it's worth it.

Though I have to say, there is something really great about how Nintendo reveals games.... There is almost never a graphical downgrade, and more than likely, the game will look better in time.

EDIT: I realized something watching that trailer again. FUN FACT. Elma was originally the heavy defensive(Reyn Time) character and Lyn was offense based. In the final game, their roles are reversed.

Last edited:
@Lozjam Looks like you were right. Nintendo ANZ put this up on facebook just now. EB Games have also seen this as their dates are now correct.

11888115_524250451065426_7280539426048367034_n.png

So basically only a few hours difference.

I have XCX and SFZ on pre-order. I do want to get Mario Tennis too actually. So that's a lot of gaming for me in little time haha.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
@Lozjam Looks like you were right. Nintendo ANZ put this up on facebook just now. EB Games have also seen this as their dates are now correct.

11888115_524250451065426_7280539426048367034_n.png

So basically only a few hours difference.

I have XCX and SFZ on pre-order. I do want to get Mario Tennis too actually. So that's a lot of gaming for me in little time haha.
I may Pre-order Star Fox Zero, but I don't know. I want to see more of it before I make a decision.

Of course, I would have XCX pre-ordered, but NoA still remains fricken tight lipped of the special edition. I just want to preorder it, and get it done....

Not to jock on your preferences of games.... But why Mario Tennis..... Mechanically, it looks to be the most bland Mario Tennis ever, while at the same time having extremely stupid mechanics... I just see that as shovelware. If Nintendo wanted to give us a good Mario sports game, they should had given us Mario Strikers, or a new Mario Sluggers(Or even a brand new sport). Again, it was early-ish in development... But really? From E3, they would only have 4 months at the most for actual development time....

Now we are off topic here, so let us go over something else.
NEW TOPIC:
All yah XCX fanatics. What types of D-Ermmmm Ahem, Skells will you guys create? What colors, and what types of frames do you guys like the best?

I will definitely be cruising around in my heavy Frame Skell, called "'Dorf" of which it will be based on Ganondorf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom