• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
will get digital. don't care about extras - they'll just end up in a box and take up space. i stopped getting hyped for games around StarCraft 1 but what we've been given is enough to pencil this in on my 'will buy' list

Details pending on other regions.
Can confirm this is for all PAL regions. Nintendo Australia confirmed this:

In December, you can pick up the Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack or the Limited Edition Pack, but already today you can get the Wii classic Xenoblade Chronicles on Nintendo eShop!
For all the details: http://www.nintendo.com.au/news
https://www.facebook.com/NintendoAU...5708024919671/516963218460816/?type=1&theater

Also as a side note the Wii Xenoblade is on the WiiU VC now. The standard Wii on the VC price. This is Nintendo giving all the scalpers of the Wii disc their Japanese middle finger and I'm so glad. I've been wanting to play this for so long. But now I need an external hard drive to go with my WiiU. So I'll will be slowly saving up for that to get the Wii game. It will not run away.

A Question for everyone . . .
What is the Solus Software? Is that just the game or is it DLC or something else? Nintendo don't mention it here:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Premium Pack: features a black premium Wii U console, a physical copy of the game, an Artbook and a World Map poster
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition Pack: features a physical copy of the game, a SteelBook™ cover, a World Map poster, a Cover Art Poster and the Artbook
http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=3685&pageID=6
So does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
For North Americans
Nintendo of America has confirmed a special edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X, but they say it is going to be unique
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/629003322540851200
This may mean we are getting more than Europe is(Which we kind of deserve. We haven't gotten a special edition of a game since like SS era).
I am curious as to what it is, and I am pretty excited as well. I am going to preorder this the day it becomes available.
Can confirm this is for all PAL regions. Nintendo Australia confirmed this:

https://www.facebook.com/NintendoAU...5708024919671/516963218460816/?type=1&theater

Also as a side note the Wii Xenoblade is on the WiiU VC now. The standard Wii on the VC price. This is Nintendo giving all the scalpers of the Wii disc their Japanese middle finger and I'm so glad. I've been wanting to play this for so long. But now I need an external hard drive to go with my WiiU. So I'll will be slowly saving up for that to get the Wii game. It will not run away.

A Question for everyone . . .
What is the Solus Software? Is that just the game or is it DLC or something else? Nintendo don't mention it here:

http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=3685&pageID=6
So does anyone have any idea what it could be?
I am glad for you man! Xenoblade Chronicles is amazing.

I believe Solus Software just means that you get the game too.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
For North Americans
Nintendo of America has confirmed a special edition of Xenoblade Chronicles X, but they say it is going to be unique
This may mean we are getting more than Europe is(Which we kind of deserve. We haven't gotten a special edition of a game since like SS era).
I am curious as to what it is, and I am pretty excited as well. I am going to preorder this the day it becomes available.

When I saw this game at E3 I had no interest in it because I had never really heard of it before, but the more I look into it, I am definitely interested in picking it up. I will probably wait until after it releases and if the reviews are great then I'll be happy to snatch up a copy. :)

For North Americans
I think we all deserve collectors editions equally. (I'm Australian, I know the pain of the past few decades of being a Nintendo fan :) I am the same age as Mario roughly) I know NA got Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros special versions too. I'd rather Nintendo just do the same Collector's Editions globally. As I read back I remember Japan got a WiiU Limited Edition bundle for XCX but I could not find a stand alone game Collector's Edition at the time.

What I think Nintendo need to do better is the availability of the Collector's Editions in the US. In PAL countries you can pre-order them easily enough if you are on the ball and don't wait hours or days after announcements. But the US people can miss out even if they spam internet page reload at the exact same second the Collector's Editions are up for pte-order there. That is really unacceptable in my opinion. A more recent issue and I do feel for thr US people. They deserve just as much chance at the Collector's Editions as anyone else.

5QYn0vD.jpg

So it seems with the WiiU bundle the Japanese didn't get anything different than the PAL people.

If the US people get more than the PAL people that's fine by me too. I just hope whatever you get over there lasts for more than 5 seconds before it's pre-order sold out so you all have a good shot at getting one. Good luck in getting one :) Can you pre-order this already? I know I had mine pre-ordered since last year and just made sure today that the pre-order rolled over to the Collector's Edition

Good luck and hope you can snag a pre-order. This set looks really good. Would have been nice to throw in the soundtrack too but meh can't have everything right?

Thanks so much. I missed out on the Wii disc. Sold out and no more were ever made. But soon I'll play it when I have some spare time.
And if Solus Software is just the game disc then that's fine. It's a really strange way to say "game disc included" though.

When I saw this game at E3 I had no interest in it because I had never really heard of it before, but the more I look into it, I am definitely interested in picking it up. I will probably wait until after it releases and if the reviews are great then I'll be happy to snatch up a copy. :)
If you only want it digital there might be a digital offer happening. It's happening here in PAL regions.

"To celebrate the upcoming launch, the original Wii classic Xenoblade Chronicles is available on Nintendo eShop on Wii U right now (AU$26.00/NZ$34.00)! Those who purchase this game will be eligible for a AU$13/NZ$17 discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X if they buy it on Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console* within two weeks of the game’s launch in December (SRP AU$89.95 before discount)."

So the US might get a similar digital deal. But just remember:
"An additional storage device is required to install both games on the same Wii U console." Nintendo says this exactly on their news page.

Just remember Xenoblade is 10GB space on your WiiU or exernal hard drive if you own the disc as they believe having a large portion of the game's data on the WiiU itself will speed up the gameplay and loading times a lot. Of cause it'll be a lot more, closer to 25GB I believe if you purchase the game digitally.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think we all deserve collectors editions equally. (I'm Australian, I know the pain of the past few decades of being a Nintendo fan :) I am the same age as Mario roughly) I know NA got Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros special versions too. I'd rather Nintendo just do the same Collector's Editions globally. As I read back I remember Japan got a WiiU Limited Edition bundle for XCX but I could not find a stand alone game Collector's Edition at the time.

What I think Nintendo need to do better is the availability of the Collector's Editions in the US. In PAL countries you can pre-order them easily enough if you are on the ball and don't wait hours or days after announcements. But the US people can miss out even if they spam internet page reload at the exact same second the Collector's Editions are up for pte-order there. That is really unacceptable in my opinion. A more recent issue and I do feel for thr US people. They deserve just as much chance at the Collector's Editions as anyone else.

5QYn0vD.jpg

So it seems with the WiiU bundle the Japanese didn't get anything different than the PAL people.

If the US people get more than the PAL people that's fine by me too. I just hope whatever you get over there lasts for more than 5 seconds before it's pre-order sold out so you all have a good shot at getting one. Good luck in getting one :) Can you pre-order this already? I know I had mine pre-ordered since last year and just made sure today that the pre-order rolled over to the Collector's Edition

Good luck and hope you can snag a pre-order. This set looks really good. Would have been nice to throw in the soundtrack too but meh can't have everything right?

Thanks so much. I missed out on the Wii disc. Sold out and no more were ever made. But soon I'll play it when I have some spare time.
And if Solus Software is just the game disc then that's fine. It's a really strange way to say "game disc included" though.

If you only want it digital there might be a digital offer happening. It's happening here in PAL regions.

"To celebrate the upcoming launch, the original Wii classic Xenoblade Chronicles is available on Nintendo eShop on Wii U right now (AU$26.00/NZ$34.00)! Those who purchase this game will be eligible for a AU$13/NZ$17 discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X if they buy it on Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U console* within two weeks of the game’s launch in December (SRP AU$89.95 before discount)."

So the US might get a similar digital deal. But just remember:
"An additional storage device is required to install both games on the same Wii U console." Nintendo says this exactly on their news page.

Just remember Xenoblade is 10GB space on your WiiU or exernal hard drive if you own the disc as they believe having a large portion of the game's data on the WiiU itself will speed up the gameplay and loading times a lot. Of cause it'll be a lot more, closer to 25GB I believe if you purchase the game digitally.
NA didn't get the special edition for Hyrule Warriors and Smash. That was all Europe. Well, we did "technically" get HW's.... But it only had like 30 copies in the Nintendo World Store in New York. That hardly counts one but though.
I do agree that each region should get equal opportunity for special editions of games.... It wouldn't have been so bad however if Nintendo didn't region lock. However, at least you can import Europe's goods if need be!

I will be asking my local Gamestop to see if I can snag a preorder for the limited edition as well. If not, no harm no foul. I will just preorder it the second it becomes available online.

However.... I find NoA's lack of Xenoblade Wii announcement to be intriguing. Perhaps the limited version in NA will give players a digital code to the original Xenoblade. I think that would be awesome to give a push for Xenoblade X. Especially since Xenoblade for the Wii is such a rare game.

As for the extra data however. I think I am just going to put it on a regular USB flashdrive. There really isn't any harm if it breaks, I'm not losing important games and such, and it is a cheap alternative to getting an external hard drive.

Well, we did "technically" get HW's.... But it only had like 30 copies in the Nintendo World Store in New York. That hardly counts one but though.
That's my point exactly. NOA need to make their CE's abailable for a lot more NA people, not just a select few who camp outside the NWS for a week.

I do agree that each region should get equal opportunity for special editions of games.... It wouldn't have been so bad however if Nintendo didn't region lock. However, at least you can import Europe's goods if need be!
Rumour is the NX will not be region locked.

I will be asking my local Gamestop to see if I can snag a preorder for the limited edition as well. If not, no harm no foul. I will just preorder it the second it becomes available online.
Please do. I don't want to see you miss out on getting this.

However.... I find NoA's lack of Xenoblade Wii announcement to be intriguing. Perhaps the limited version in NA will give players a digital code to the original Xenoblade. I think that would be awesome to give a push for Xenoblade X. Especially since Xenoblade for the Wii is such a rare game.
I do too actually. If the NA CE gave people a free code for Xenoblade Wii, I'd be ok with that. Or they could go the Japan route and give you a Xenoblade themed eShop card (for eShop credit). Japan got 1000 Yen on theirs. Roughly $10 worth.

As for the extra data however. I think I am just going to put it on a regular USB flashdrive. There really isn't any harm if it breaks, I'm not losing important games and such, and it is a cheap alternative to getting an external hard drive.
I'm going to go an external mini hard drive I think. With a USB Y cable. Just need to work out which HDD will be the best for me. Nintendo has said they don't recomend USB sticks. But if it works all good for you right? :)

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles

Did you play the original for Wii? If you haven't, you owe it to yourself to do so. It's a little dated in terms of visuals (2009 game, I believe), but it is my favorite RPG of all time. It's massive, fun, exciting, and engaging all in one neat little package.

Did you play the original for Wii? If you haven't, you owe it to yourself to do so. It's a little dated in terms of visuals (2009 game, I believe), but it is my favorite RPG of all time. It's massive, fun, exciting, and engaging all in one neat little package.
Good luck finding that game for a decent price anywhere. The PAL people have it on VC. The NA people will have to wait for it to appear on their VC or hope they can get a good deal somewhere for the Wii disc. On ebay it's mostly over $100 still now.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Good luck finding that game for a decent price anywhere. The PAL people have it on VC. The NA people will have to wait for it to appear on their VC or hope they can get a good deal somewhere for the Wii disc. On ebay it's mostly over $100 still now.
3DS version. That's your best bet to get it. If you have a 3DS.

I'm surprised it's still going for that much even after the 3DS version came out.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
3DS version. That's your best bet to get it. If you have a 3DS.
You actually need a New 3DS in order to play it. Just so you know.
I'm surprised it's still going for that much even after the 3DS version came out.
Metroid Prime Trilogy's digital release didn't make the physical versions drop that much either. People like the originals you know? This is especially true because the Wii version is the superior version. Though the 3DS version is really really close, and impressive to fit into a handheld.

I'd be interested in playing the original game if I could get my hands on it, but I'm not willing to shell out that much money for it. I'll keep my eyes open if I see any used copies locally or online that I can get for a decent price. Maybe if I play the new release and fall in love with it, I won't mind shelling out a bit extra to play the original. I don't have a New 3DS but perhaps I will pick one up at some point... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom