• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Be A Fishing Hole In SS?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Do you think there will be one? or will all of Hyrule be used as a fishing ground? After seeing TP I believe that it is something they might continue to do in Console Zelda games. But SS may raise the bar and eliminate the need for a separate pond by placing fish in the water just about everywhere in the game. do you think they could accomplish that? or at least fill up lake Hylia with fish?

I think it will be like TP in that we get a fishing rod to fish anywhere, but there is also a special fishing hole. This is because the girl in TP refferenced OoT's fishing hole and the itchy guy who worked there, which makes me wonder if they will carry on the tradition. what do you think? will fishing be brought back? or will it be totally different?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I love the idea of a fishing hole. Fishing is a lot of fun. It's something that can actually calm you down. I love fishing personally, so I think a fishing hole in SS would be a really good idea.
TP's fishing hole was a lot of fun, considering the fact that there was a cool little mini-game inside the building to rent the boat to fish. It was a decent size and there were good ranges of fish in the area. With that, I think that SS should have an even bigger variety of fish and a fishing hole. It's a nice think to kick-back to when you want to take a short break from saving the land for a little while.

13foxes

It would be great if they had a fishing hole in SS. Fishing is really fun and relaxing, especially with the music that makes you feel sleepy and calm. It helped me a lot. If I played too much and was tired or stressed out, I could go fishing in-game to refresh my brain, without having to actually go outside and leave the game. I remembered back then when I played OoT for 8 hours straight without leaving the chair, I had a headache; but I went to the fishing hole, got rid of it, then continued playing. That is just great! Besides, I could spend hours in the fishing hole when I was bored with nothing to do. So, why not add a fishing pond in SS? It might seems boring and lame, but in reality it's pretty addicting. That would be very much useful.

Also, I think they could add some more side quests and mini games that related to fish. I can't think of anything much, but how about a fishing contest? Or a great reward if you can catch the biggest fish / a special fish like the one in OoT, etc. And stop making money as the rewards. It's better that way. ^_^

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I highly doubt that it won't be implemented because with a game based on motion-controls, fishing kind of seems like a no brainer. I don't really want one since I never really enjoyed it that much, but I know I'm probably the minority.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'd like to see canoes in more locations. which would allow you to go fishing (like in TP) anywhere they placed a canoe! also I would like to see a lot more water features in SS, like 2 lakes and 2 waterfalls and 4 rivers and 2 beaches and so on.. I just really want this game to be big enough for that. Then there would be no end of fishing =) but I don't just want those water features for fishing they are nice and scenic too! i think Hyrule could use more water features so that it doesn't feel so land based with all it's fields... I want to know where the closest beach is to hyrule and the closest coastal town. then I want to rent a canoe and go fishing! Personally I thought the rivers were great in TP but they weren't as accessable as I would have liked them to be. They should have connected the river to the rest of the overworld, and they should have had 1 or two more of them. SS could feature the greatest Hyrule in terms of scenery yet, and if thats the case I want to see new aspects of hyrule. Like the closest beach and coastal town as mentioned above.

Kybyrian

I'd like to see canoes in more locations. which would allow you to go fishing (like in TP) anywhere they placed a canoe!

I was never a big fan of the fishing, but I think something like this and maybe having a separate place to store fish or something like that and sell them at certain places would be pretty cool, or at least have better things to do with fishing. Maybe people around that would offer you something for certain fish or something like that. It might encourage fishing a bit more and it would have a bigger use.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I'd like to see canoes in more locations. which would allow you to go fishing (like in TP) anywhere they placed a canoe! also I would like to see a lot more water features in SS, like 2 lakes and 2 waterfalls and 4 rivers and 2 beaches and so on.. I just really want this game to be big enough for that. Then there would be no end of fishing =) but I don't just want those water features for fishing they are nice and scenic too! i think Hyrule could use more water features so that it doesn't feel so land based with all it's fields... I want to know where the closest beach is to hyrule and the closest coastal town. then I want to rent a canoe and go fishing! Personally I thought the rivers were great in TP but they weren't as accessable as I would have liked them to be. They should have connected the river to the rest of the overworld, and they should have had 1 or two more of them. SS could feature the greatest Hyrule in terms of scenery yet, and if thats the case I want to see new aspects of hyrule. Like the closest beach and coastal town as mentioned above.

YES! This is what I want. Since this game looks like a water-color painting, scenery should definitely be important to them. I remember at E3, Miaymoto (and Bill) said something along the lines of "Notice how the scenery in this game is really beautiful" when they were flying overhead in the beetle. Water features like you mentioned are the perfect way to make scenery really beautiful. The waterfall shown in the demo was very nice and gives me hope for more water features such as rivers lakes and beaches. I loved Great Bay in MM but I think it could have been better. Since then we really haven't seen any beaches in other Zelda games other than narrow, plain ones along the shores of WW, PH and ST. Just imagine a beautiful sunset above a misty beach with palm trees on a Zelda game. EEK! Wow, I'm getting off topic.. Anyways, more water features is a must.

Yea, fishing hole would be great! but I really don't want more than a fishing hole!
because a fishing rod would be wasted If there's only 8 items!

I wasn't too exited about the fishing rod in TP...
but fishing hole was great! fish book thing too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom