• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Sports Resort= Zelda Wii Weapons

Hey did anyone notice the obvious use of wii sports resort programs for zelda wii? such as the beetle which is like the airplanes or the bowling? I guess this sort of bothers mee but I'd like to know what the Zelda Community thinks of it.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
YES! I actually posted this idea as a comment in one of the news articles and it got a significant amount of thumbs-up's. Meaning, at least a few people agree with you and me about this.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
Now that you mention it...Hah, wow, they totally do.
Whether they intended to do that or not is beyond me.

T

the knight

swordplay=sword
archery=bow and arrow
airsport=beetle
bowling=bomb

possible
frisbee=boomerang
canoeing=raft on river

not sure
epona
whip
slingshot(similar to tp and crossbow)
hookshot or crossbow

Beeker

Wild Card
They do seem similar but... they don't bother me too much. I guess these controls are really basic ones that are easier to use than something more difficult.

I wrote this three times already, my internet cable keeps comming off. They did use WSR mechanics because WSR offered help. ZSS was about to give up on the mechanics because they were impossibly dificult. (The makers of WSR mutualy helped make ZSS.) Also, the boomerang got replaced by the Beetle.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
possible
frisbee=boomerang
canoeing=raft on river

Both of those would be great! And there was canoeing in TP, I would not be surprised to see it...

Here is hoping for a magic wand that you can cast spells with by making a given shape...like draw a circle for a fireball, draw a star to engulf enemies around you in a expanding sphere of magical force (or somthin')

Kybyrian

Yeah, as Ember Incubus said, they were having trouble with making the controls for Skyward Sword, and they got the people who did them for Wii Sports Resort to do it, so a lot of it is going to be similar(or the same) to Wii Sports Resort. I feel good about this because I'm good at all of the things in Wii Sports Resort, so I shouldn't have a problem getting the controls down. :P

D

Da Bunni Hood

Lol maybe epona will fetch a frisbee for us... who knows?

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Wasn't it really obvious from pretty much any article in regards to its controls that WSR helped structure the controls of the game? Without it it woulda been exactly like any other 3D zelda in terms of controls!

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I had not heard this tidbit. I have heard Wii Sports Results is fun (if you like those kinds of games, which I do). Since my sister and her husband own it, I may try to borrow it from them to see what the motions are like.

I thought I read a quote that it would be possible to play SS sitting down, though, even if you wouldn't get the full immersion experience. Those of you who own WSR, does that apply to that game? Seems like it'd be more of one played standing up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom