• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I Hate TP

G

Gon-Gorooon

What I really hated was the city in the sky. It seems the developers were too cruel to provide me with any solid ground. And I have a morbid fear of heights, even in video games. CURSE YOU NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I agree too dragmere its a fun game and i like side questes so you don't have to always attack enemeys but i like that to the game is alwsome really :)

A

Almo SSBB

yes TP had a couple of mistakes and could have been improved a LOT, but overal it was a great long zelda game.

One of the complaints (or is 2. Not really sure) I hear a lot about this game is how easy it is yet they complain that the City in the Sky was too hard. How ironic.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
City in the Sky hard??? When I played it the first time I finished it in less than two hours. It isn't hard at all. Simply watch the blue blocks and don't let the Dragon behind alive :P

i have many reasons to hate this game, but dont get offended if you liked the game, even if you did you could still post some things that annoyed you. one of my biggest problems with this game, is the equiptment.

equiptment: i own the gamecube version of this game, and i am used to pressing START to get to the item subscreen, however i have to press down on the controll pad to look at this. i also hate the ball and chain, i like how they brought back a ball and chain troopeer from Alttp, but i hated trying to operate this item. one of the things that annoyed me the most about the equiptment in this game, is the dominion rod, its your all purpose hammer replacement, only usable in one temple, it could have had a wider variety of options to use it for, or they could have given me my hammer, one of my favorite zelda items.

quests: there were enough quests in the game, but some of them were waaay to long, especially the golden bug, poe souls, and heart peices, witch brings me to another point, why 5? there were always 4 to a heart container, there are just too many of these scattered around hyrule. the golden bugs take way too long to find, because without a guide, you wander around aimlessly trying to find a bug the size of your fingernal. and the poes were incredibly dumb, considering after one died, it wouldnt respawn, much like big poes from Oot, but then why not have normal poes in TP?

for now, i have to go, i'll edit the rest in when i get back. as for now, you can post your biffs with the game, what did you hate? what did i say that you agree/disagree with, etc. post on!

I'm sorry, but some of the reason for things you hate in the this game are completely unfair, it's like you expected Nintendo to base the entire game around your own preferences, well they didn't. Please don't take this personally, I'm just defending a game against the points that have been pressed against it by yourself.

I really don't see any problems in having to use different buttons to open up the menu in any game, it never bothered me that I had to press a different button to open up my items screen. The same is in pokemon, I never got annoyed when I had to start pressing X to open up the menu, I just got on with it and enjoyed the important aspects of the game.

The items weren't that great, it was a disappointment that we only really got to use a few of them inside their own temple then after that leaving them in Link's anti-gravity tardis bag to never really be used again. However, they weren't really that bad, like the Dominion Rod was kinda fun, if they used a Hammer the game would have been further criticised for trying to be a copy of Ocarina of Time. The Dominion Rod wasn't only used in it's own Temple either, you needed to use it to gain the letters back for Shad's book. It's good for Nintendo to mix up the items in each game instead of the exact same items throughout every game.

Considering Twilight Princess had a lack of Sidequests compared to other games like Ocarina of Time and especially Majora's Mask, it was expected that they were harder and longer to complete. To be honest, the only quest that I found hard was finding all 60 poe's, I usually missed one in a place that I couldn't be bothered going back to like the City in the Sky. If they made them really short then Twilight Princess wouldn't have had anything else to do outside of the main plotline and would have put there rather awesome and massive Overworld to waste.

I have no idea why they changed if from 4 Heart Pieces to 5, they probably did it to bulk out that aspect of the game as the game only had the Poe Souls and Golden Bugs outside of that section in the game. That's the only reason I personally believe that they used 5 pieces instead of 4.

I don't see your logic behind the reason why the Poe Souls should respawn, once you collected their souls you kept it to help reverse the curse that had been place on Giovani. If they respawned, firstly, it wouldn't make sense for why all 60 Poe's collected in this one spot, so why would they? Secondly, it would have made the quest way to easy, all you would have had to do is go to Kakariko Graveyard, kill the poe, leave, enter again, kill the poe, rinse and repeat. It's not something that would make the quest either fun or challenging.

The only thing that I don't really like about the game is the lack of use of the Ball and Chain or Dominion Rod, that and the fact that they changed the colour of the Twilight from black and white to what it is now, it doesn't look as good in my opinion, the video in which they included the twilight sections in black and white look so much better.

Once again, I'm not attacking you, I'm just defending the game on the points that you are angry with for reason's I think are unfair to be annoyed at.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i didn't like the 5-heart peice thing also the poe/bug quests were really long, i have STILL yet to beat them. but the worst was the darkness. i felt i had to use the lanturn the entire game to see what i was doing, but other than that i liked the plot and monsters and bosses

T

Tychon

i have many reasons to hate this game, but dont get offended if you liked the game, even if you did you could still post some things that annoyed you. one of my biggest problems with this game, is the equiptment.

Well, I'm not going to convince you it's a good game, but here are my thoughts anyways.

equiptment: i own the gamecube version of this game, and i am used to pressing START to get to the item subscreen, however i have to press down on the controll pad to look at this. i also hate the ball and chain, i like how they brought back a ball and chain troopeer from Alttp, but i hated trying to operate this item. one of the things that annoyed me the most about the equiptment in this game, is the dominion rod, its your all purpose hammer replacement, only usable in one temple, it could have had a wider variety of options to use it for, or they could have given me my hammer, one of my favorite zelda items.

I played it on Wii, and had trouble initially getting used to the controls. But then again, the Wii doesn't really have a "Start" button, does it?

I actually found most of the new items refreshing and interesting; they weren't all my favorite, but I don't think they particularly damaged the game in any way.

quests: there were enough quests in the game, but some of them were waaay to long, especially the golden bug, poe souls, and heart peices, witch brings me to another point, why 5? there were always 4 to a heart container, there are just too many of these scattered around hyrule. the golden bugs take way too long to find, because without a guide, you wander around aimlessly trying to find a bug the size of your fingernal. and the poes were incredibly dumb, considering after one died, it wouldnt respawn, much like big poes from Oot, but then why not have normal poes in TP?

I personally think it was their attempt at reconciling the differences between OoT and MM--because OoT was too dungeon heavy, and MM was too side-quest heavy. So in the end, you get something that's not quite either; has enough dungeons to keep you busy, but on the other hand, has enough not-so-random side quests to keep you equally as busy.
I was surprised at first at having to find five heart pieces to fill a container, but then I realized that if every heart container were like that, then it would mean there were going to be more heart pieces to find, which means more side questing.

I found the bugs easy to find; I did it entirely without a guide. All you have to do is look for a characteristic glow and listen carefully for a particular sound; you can see them even from a distance, and if it ends up being a Poe instead, then it's all good anyways. And it helps to know that you can find two in the same area.
If you could catch 60 Poes just by letting them respawn, then that would actually be a tedious side quest.
I liked the music and the new graphic style. I didn't particularly like the fishing bit so much because I find I can't see the fish biting. Unless I'm doing it wrong somehow.

First of all the D-Pad is NOT the best thing for the items screen button. On most of the GC controls the D-Pad is very small and the game always gets confused whether you pressed up ( for items menu) or right ( for map). The minus button to me is a lot easier to reach than the D-Pad. I cant really complain to much about the game because im only at the Lakebed Temple, but those reasons really dont seem good enough to hate TP

I like the Wii one, the GC one is... ugh! I like the extra buttons for items and I like the minus button more than the D pad on the GC controller. I also like the pointer, and the little motion control it has.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmm, well i don't really agree with the original poster's points either. But my reason for not liking TP as much is because of its sci-fi and dark environment, and I also don't get onto the wii much...

Epona

Ordon Village
I'm sort of a late bloomer when it comes to TP. I'm playing it for the first time right now. I'm about half way through the chapters on this site. I'm about to go to the Gerudo Desert. I'm really enjoying the game right now, the graphics are wonderful and the gameplay is nicely comparable to Ocarina of Time, a favorite of mine. One thing that really surprised me was the heart pieces, being 5 instead of 4. I'm curious as to why that decision was made, but it makes for more of a challenge, so I don't have a problem with it. Zelda games can't always please everyone, so I just try to go with what I've got and have fun with it.

N

noodles91380

TP is a great game, but definitely not without its flaws.

Pros:
Visually Stunning
Innovative, yet stays true to many of the elements that make Zelda games great
Cool overworld and music

Cons:
Midna, Midna, Midna. Holy crap will this b**** shut up?!? She removes any element of challenge in the game. Never does the player have to think for himself, because whenever there's a subtle clue, Midna pops up, unprompted, and spells is out for you. i.e. After a dialog, a character may make a subtle reference to, say, water. Then Midna pops up and says something like "HEY! Don't you think that means that you should go to Lake Hylia? I think that's what we should definitely be doing next! Go there now!" GEE...Thanks Midna!

Easy bosses. I think my first go round, I died once against a boss in the whole game. This is a far cry from the classic Zeldas.

Uncreative yet tedious side quests (bugs especially). IMO, the 64 games had the best sidequests, ones that were creative and built upon themselves.

N

noodles91380

Yeah, Navi sucks too, imo Midna kills the game more though. I mean...she reeeeally spells it out.

I'm not saying I'd like a return to LoZ, where you just kinda wander around the overworld and stumble upon dungeons, possibly out of order....but at least force me to problem solve at least a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom