• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Why Do You..?

L

Link-2-The-Past

Hello,

I was just wondering why you like/liked a Link to the Past?!

I like it, just because the story line and the bosses. It's just a good game all around. :yes:

well, i loved it simply because of its sentamental value. It was the first zelda game I ever played and I remember sitting down for hours with my cousin playing it. I also love it because it sort of started the zelda series as it was the first game to have the master sword, hyrule castle etc.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I liked it because of its amazing storyline, cool musics, beautiful overworld, and dungeons with medium difficulty...

ALTTP

Vaati wants you
Well first of all I LOVE the bosses, best in the seires in my opinnion, second of all the soundtrack is amazing, and last the diversity in items

t also many similarities to OoTIIThis game is so special to me.
Lots of levels,great music.
Loads of different enemies,so many different weapons etc.

To me tis is more than a game it just beings back so many memories when i play it on my snes.

Also what i love is there are two worlds light and dark.

The 2 worlds are so vastly different from each other.
You could not get very far in the dark world until you win a level or two,as you need the weapons they give you.
It was the first Zelda game where you could do this.
It was the first Zelda game to have the Master Sword.
First Zelda to have Sages,the 3 pendants and being able to go between light and dark worlds.
Which of course many of these things where included in OoT.

L

Link-2-The-Past

I agree with all of you.
You all have very good views of this wonderful game.

I liked it, because it had an amazing story, there were a lot of items and there were cool items, and there were a large variety of dungeons and the dungeons were pretty big, and I thought it was fun fighting the bosses, and the bosses looked creative.

That is why I like ALTTP.

Moldorm

Is not Error
I love ALTTP. Overall, it is still my favorite Zelda title. For me, the leap to the SNES was an important one, and to see a Zelda installment on that console was invigorating. I had wanted AoL to be like LoZ; and while I still enjoyed AoL, I was very happy to see the top-down style of gameplay return. The upgrade to 16 bit was more than I had expected in terms of graphics, sound effects, and music, but you've got to hand it to ALTTP's incorporation of gathering the 3 medallions before the Triforce hunt. Nintendo found a way to extend the game in a rewarding way, and I enjoyed that immensely.

Honorable Mentions: (in no particular order)

Light and Dark World (with the funny bunny transformation)
That trippy witch in the woods (can't remember her name right now, but she stirs that cauldron like crazy)
The big map (nice to know where you are)
The ability to dash at enemies (and across the screen to speed things up)
A story that's deeper and keeps the player involved
The flippers (which are just plain awesome)
The return of Moldorm (but as a boss that is by far the biggest pain of the game; rock on)
The Master Sword is GOLD (what?)
Super bomb (when a regular bomb won't do, use the big pink one)

I'm not listing all of it. Someone else go; there's a lot left to mention.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Reasons for why I like LoZ ALTTP:

1) Its my first Zelda game
2) I have this game in the SNES, GBA, and for my Wii
3) Amazing Sprites, songs, storyline, bosses
4) Items were awsome! But some were difficult to find

It is my favorite game of all time because all of the items you get, the overworld packed with heart pieces that you could get, and the freedom you had. You could do everything when you wanted to without Navi or Midna reminding you to go somewhere when you know you have to go there.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
That game was the FIRST from the series to get my hooked! I remember long days sitting with my Grandfather playing that game.
Really big part of my childhood.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
well, you gotta love pink hair link! XD
but sereously, it was a good game, with a lot of story and temples in it. all of them a bit challenging for me, but its still really fun!!!!:D
its my 4th favorite zelda game, too!!!!!:)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The high number of dungeons and they're individuality, the overworld had a lot going on without being too overbearing, and then there was the dark world which almost felt like an entirely new game while keeping ties with the light world side of things.

I didn't get the chance to play ALttP until after playing OoT and MM, but right off the bat I could see how much influence it had on those 2 and how it laid the foundation for its successors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom