• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Zelda Game Has the Most Re-Play Value?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Re-playability in Zelda games is very low in my opinion but I think it should definitely be expended on in future titles. For one Re-playability will make the gaming experience last a lot longer, which could mean instead of picking up the game and playing through it once, you would be motivated and will thoroughly enjoy playing through it multiple times.

Now I know a lot of Zelda fans including myself have played through Zelda games more than once but for me personally this was either due to nostalgic reasons or becoming familiar with the game series again. So which game in your opinion had the most re-play value and why?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OoT and TP. Mainly because they have few flaws and have longer game length, not to mention mainquest>sidequest focus. I'll usually just 100% a game once unless I get a remake, so sidequests offer little replay value, whereas I will always do the mainquest. Heavy game flaws like the Great Sea keep me from replaying a game. Also if a game is too short, it won't last me long enough. I want to really dedicate myself to the game. Also, if you replay, say OoT and MM for the same number of hours, you've done MM's dungeons more and they get old quicker.

Currently OoT has my highest number of replays, currently a little over 110. TP has just surpassed MM for #2 in replays, nearing 100.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
OoT: The adventures and puzzles never grow old. I can memorize an entire dungeon and still have fun playing it. The characters are unforgettable and the quest is like no other. I love how every gamer knows this game by heart, and it still impresses us every time we play it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I find OoT has a lot of replay value, no matter how much I end up memorizing, I still enjoy playing it again and again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT: The adventures and puzzles never grow old. I can memorize an entire dungeon and still have fun playing it. The characters are unforgettable and the quest is like no other. I love how every gamer knows this game by heart, and it still impresses us every time we play it.

This guy summed everything up for me. Even after owning the game in cartridge, minidisc, disc, and emulated formats, I can still have fun with the game. To expand upon that, Master Quest is also up for grabs. Just a fun thing in general.

MM has the most side quests so IMO its has the most replay value.
I also don't mind replaying OOT and TP and probably revisit each game once per year.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
OoT and MM for me. Most Zelda games I've played only once or twice for whatever reason; I am currently running through my 3rd time in SS on a minimalist run. But I've lost track of how many times I've played through the N64 games, I know everything there is to know about them, and yet even after all this time they can still surprise me.

Well, I was going to say OoT but ihateghirahim and Ventus already beat me to that.

I'll add its N64 sequel-Majora's Mask. The three day cycle ensures I need to stay on top of my game and the story pans out slightly differently each time if you complete sidequests on certain days, for example. The dungeons are equally unforgettable and perhaps enhanced by the time limit present creating a more stressful but also rewarding experience as you rush to quickly rush to grab every collectible present.

Zelda 1 and Link to the Past are great to replay because you can beat them in a matter of hours when you know what you're doing. As for the more wholesome games, Twilight Princess, OoT, and Skyward Sword are all fantastic. I'm currently on my 5th TP playthrough

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Although not my personal favourite Zelda game, I find OOT to be the best in terms of replay value and sheer entertainment. My favourite Zelda game is SS, but I get bored after my first couple playthroughs. OOT, however, I never get tired of. The length of the dungeons, the amount of optional collectibles, and also all the people to talk to makes this game truly one of a kind. I've 100%ed it before, but I still have some trouble doing it again because it has just so much to offer. Also, OOT may be the most familiar Zelda game, just because it revolutionized the series so greatly! But, despite everything I've said, the sheer nostalgia may be the main reason I feel like it has such good replayability (it was my first Zelda game, after all). :hylianshield:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom