• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Better: Harry Potter or Twilight?

Which is better?

• Harry Potter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
No doubt in my mind, it was Harry Potter. I love magic and wizardy and romance especially with werewolves and vampires, I don't think so, it's definitely a chick series that I don't buy.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I don't really like either of them, but if I had to prefer one over the other, I'd say harry potter. For crying out loud! I joined a club about hating Twilight!

Honestly, I don't care for either of these franchises. Harry Potter is acceptable because it took a lame concept (wizards) and made it kind of popular and somewhat better. Twilight is terrible because it took an awesome concept (vampires themselves, not the rest of it) and made a Green Day out of it. By which I mean they stripped everything that made that concept what it was and replaced it with market research on how to capitalize off of the weak minds of the masses.
No offense if you like Twilight, it just means you have bad taste when it comes to this particular issue.
So, anyway, yeah, I choose Harry Potter.

Dumdledore once said it does no good to dwell in dreams.
Stephanie Meyer got the ideaif twilight from a dream.
DUMBLEDORE HAS SPOKEN! Definetly Harry potter!!!

Harry Potter. It has an actual story and not some horrible romance story of a 500 year old vampire with some 20 year old girl.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
Well... I've ranted and raved about Twilight, pointing out it's flaws, inconsistencies, and general WRONG DOINGS in the book. I do not wish to make your ears bleed with my screeching. So to sum up my feelings about this matter, I shall say one sentence:
Comparing Twilight to Harry Potter is like comparing a pile of dirt compared to one of the seven wonders of the world. What would you rather stare at for hours at end, and study? Not dirt, that's for sure.

Harry Potter. My vote has to go for Harry Potter, as I've never seen Twilight so I can't say if I'd like it or not. :P

I actually enjoyed Harry Potter; it was generally interesting with its mythology and such. Twilight though - not going to touch that with a 7 foot pole.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Are you stupid? (no offense, just first thought)
--
Harry Potter can't even be put in the same league as Twilight(no offense to you ladies)

Rachel

be vigitant
To be honest, a lot of ideas in Harry Potter were taken from mythology or other authors. The same can be said about Twilight, but at least Meyer changed it up a bit with her sparkly vegetarian vampires. Of course, any sort of world involving dragons or werewolves will borrow from preestablished myths, but neither storyline stands too much above the other in this respect. You can't argue that one has more originality than the other.

Both storylines feature dark plots and themes, some of which may be subtler in Harry Potter, but certainly present nonetheless. In Twilight: fear, isolation, mortality, the presence of evil, etc. In Harry Potter: death, the presence of evil, oppression, etc. Rowling actually said the major theme of her books was death. Both stories are perhaps intended for more mature audiences. Twilight may appear a little 'darker' or 'more mature' because at the start, it involved teenagers, while Harry Potter involved children. Children are seen as innocent, while teenagers might be seen as a lot less innocent. Both are different stories with different characters, and should be considered as such.

I can't give a solid answer to either of them, they're about equal in quality to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom