• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which is Better: Harry Potter or Twilight?

Which is better?

• Harry Potter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What kind of a question is that!!!??? I've seen 3rd grade plays that are better stories than Twilight.

harry-potter2.jpg

Harry Potter!

A. The Plots in Harry Potter were more defined, served more of a purpose and weren't just "I love you Edward."
B. The romance was definitely believable in Harry Potter, the characters relationships were well defined and had emotions with them.
C. Twilight fans get quite obsessive, but there are always extremist on both sides.
D. I would definitely give Harry Potter to my children to read at age 8. I read them when I was younger.
E. J. K. Rowling describes her characters very well, giving an image of the characters in your head.

Not to mention the movies did not ruin the books. The movies were accurate to the books, and the Harry Potter Series is just very well done.

SuperMetroid

Eating Your Brains
I think the question here is 'which one is worse?'

Ok OK, Harry Potter is actually a readable/watchable series, but don't you think it drags on a bit? Especially with the 4th,5th and 6th installments. So much so that I'm yet to finish the books, and just considering watching the movies (which is atrocious).

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I think the question here is 'which one is worse?'

Ok OK, Harry Potter is actually a readable/watchable series, but don't you think it drags on a bit? Especially with the 4th,5th and 6th installments. So much so that I'm yet to finish the books, and just considering watching the movies (which is atrocious).

By drags on,do you mean it's really slow? Not really, IMO. Just about everything comes into play later on, a little thing we TV Tropers call Chekhov's Gun, but simply put, the book keeps you captivated until the end, and then you wait (or at least waited) for the next one.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
LOL. Harry Potter is at 121 to 4. That's effing awesome. Twilight needs to be shot in the face. Seriously. Robert Patinson was way better as Cedric Diggory, now he's just awful. He even hates twilight and being Edward

Definitely Harry Potter.

I don't think Twilight is bad, but it's romance. There are vampires, werewolves and fights, but eventually it all comes down to romance.
In Harry Potter romance is not the main topic. It's about friendship, growing up, right and wrong, ect. and it's all wrapped up in this magical environment.
I guess there's just more depth to HP, even though it's somewhat a series for kids and Twilight is for teens.

I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan in the world; but I consider Twilight to be the ''entertainment'' equivalent of brain cancer. So Harry Potters win this one very easily.

Definitely Harry Potter.

I don't think Twilight is bad, but it's romance. There are vampires, werewolves and fights, but eventually it all comes down to romance.
In Harry Potter romance is not the main topic. It's about friendship, growing up, right and wrong, ect. and it's all wrapped up in this magical environment.
I guess there's just more depth to HP, even though it's somewhat a series for kids and Twilight is for teens.

I don't really see how it's a series for kids...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom