• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Opinion on Upgrades?

L

linkswagmaster

Did you like the upgrading system? How do you think they could have made it better? What was your favorite upgraded weapon/item?

I loved the upgrading system. It was something new and really motivated me to find items. I would love to see the idea expanded to upgrading certain parts of your clothing (contrary to just being handed a full new Zora suit, for instance, or just changing the color of your tunic).

They need to expand this idea in a different way, make it more challenging to upgrade, and also more items to upgrade :)

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I liked upgrading for the shields. But I prefer to play a minigame or something like that to upgrade equipment like Bomb Bags and Quivers.

I thought it was great but they should have done alot more with it. There were too few items to upgrade. I wouldve loved to see the bow and clawshot upgraded, or even clothing and equipment.

I thought it was great but they should have done alot more with it. There were too few items to upgrade. I wouldve loved to see the bow and clawshot upgraded, or even clothing and equipment.

The bow was upgradable. But I would have liked an upgrade where your stamina bar increases allowing you to be able to run longer.

Rachel

be vigitant
I felt the upgrade system could have been better. For example, I found it a bit odd that Lizard Tails were involved in the making of the larger bomb bags or the best bow. The upgrades could have been branched and nonlinear, so you could choose to upgrade an item a certain way and revert to the other form later if needed, to make it more customizable.

Considering it made its debut in Skyward Sword, it was okay though.

I love it, and I hope it returns with way more depth and way more items to upgrade. Maybe even be able to craft stuff.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I liked the upgrade system in Skyward Sword. But I thought It could have been executed better.
I just wished their was a greater variety and number of Items to upgrade.
But I think SS was a good trial run for the system.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The upgrading system is pretty cool. It was something new, and it was fun to have to find items in order for you to upgrade things. I hope Nintendo uses the upgrading system in future releases. My favourite upgraded item would probably be the Fortified Shield.

you know what? im not sure i took full advantage of the upgrading system... to be honest i kind of forgot about it. i remember doing the shield but thats about it i kinda bailed on it after that..ill have to get back to it and check it out. thanks for reminding me :)

MW7

I thought it was great. They probably could expand it to more items or more upgrades per item.

Skunk

Floof
I liked the upgrades, but I'm not sure with the materials. Maybe they could have weapons that are only obtainable via synthesis, but still make upgrades with regular weapons both with and without materials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom