• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What's Something That OoT64 Did/does Better Than OoT3DS?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die

This!

Little changes, especially like the Forest Temple key one, are what bugged me about the 3DS version. Yes in many ways it is better... nicer graphics, less arduous gameplay (e.g. changing between normal and Iron Boots in the Water Temple) they're good things. But butchering puzzles and making them patronisingly obvious is just unnecessary.
When the N64 games were localised for the western market, they were simplified from the Japanese versions, which were notoriously *****es to play. Did they really need to simplify them again? Sure, I prefer the Water Temple on the 3DS but that's because I always found that temple hard. The rest, well, figuring out OoT was a big part of the fun the first time round. Maybe they're trying to cater to the younger generation who have no imagination because who needs an imagination when the whole world thinks for you these days?

Anyway, while the games are pretty much the same, I think the original actually required some thought, which made it more immersive and entertaining to play.

Anyway, while the games are pretty much the same, I think the original actually required some thought, which made it more immersive and entertaining to play.

Apparently not many people agree with you my friend.

MW7

Honestly I noticed all of these as well, and although it didn't make a difference for me since I know the puzzles already, a part of me did die inside. Did they really need to make things that weren't that cryptic in the first place so painfully obvious. It's not that hard to find a balance between giving players hints that make absolutely no sense like a couple that exist in the first Zelda game and hints like these that leave nothing for the player to figure out. The block rising in the Water Temple is definitely my least favorite of the changes because the original cutscene was perfect IMO- it gave a subtle hint without giving away too much. It shakes my faith in Nintendo a little bit to see that they have such little faith in gamers figuring out things for themselves.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
We do have to recall that not everyone solves puzzles with the same proficiency, but it gamers need to be held to some level of decent thought. What they did in OoT 3D shows contempt and lack of respect for the best game ever. If a gamer is unable to appreaciate and understand the best game ever, they should be held responsible for their failure and be forced to find the solution (which we all know is about three clicks away at all times these days). You don't tampr with the best game ever because people are too lazy to figure it out (that last one in the video posted above made me cringe). I realize sales are the biggest factor, but I somehow doubt everyone would have been turned off by the puzzles you changed. I've given OoT to kids who've never seen an N64 before and they love it.

And?
I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone else. I just think that it's more fun to use your brain than it is not to.

Oh no, I'm on your side mate. I support old v. new MOST of the time, especially if there's nostalgia to the old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom