• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favourite Place in MM and OoT?

Favorite Area

• Termina Area

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swamp Area

• Mountain Area

• Great Bay Area

• Ikana Area

• Total voters

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I believe you are speaking of Mikau and Lulu. Mikau was found injured on the beach by Link and was injured because he tried to retrieve the Zora Eggs from the Gerudo Pirates, but got hurt during the process. Healing Mikau's soul, Link could transform himself into a Zora that was similar to (and everyone thought it was) Mikau himself.
Thanks, I keep on thinking ruto and well.. I just forgot Mikau.:clap:

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I liked Snowhead in spring simply because it looks awesome. Don't get me wrong, it also looks nice in winter, too (Minus the suffering Gorons). I mean, a beautiful mountain with a really nice...closeup....dangerous view of the moon...Yep, that could be the place to evacuate everyone (Of course, the mayor didn't know what to do. Such a great guy. :xd:).

I would have said Great Bay, which looks really nice, but, there is a turn-down. That turn-down would be the music. The music there gets annoying after a while. There are some looks in there that look unpleasent (Murky water), but, I figure it would look better. Still, after listening to the music for 5 minutes, it gets a bit annoying. Especially when you have to constantly respawn due to the mess-ups en route to Spectacle Rock.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I agree with Petman about Snowhead, but, if there's a place I really like in this game, that place is Ikana.
I love it's mysterious aura, and it's kinda exotic aspects.
I don't like the swamp, except for the Deku Palace music...
And the Termina bay is kinda meh, even though the Zora hall looks gorgeous.
Clock Town seems like a nice place to live in, as well

Clock Town is the prime example of what a city should be in a Zelda game. Every single other 3D title disappoints in this area. TP is the only game that impressed me with the size of its main town, but there was hardly anything to do there. WW's were just pathetic, small and boring at the same time. OoT's were moderate in size, but yet again, nothing to do. Clock Town mixes size and activity excellently, and it really sold the idea of a bustling busy town to me. The music that changed day by day made it even better, and all of the shops and that one inn made for a lot of time just exploring the place. They REALLY need to look at Clock Town, and create the new Zelda Wii's towns based off of it.

Ikana. By far. My second favorite is Woodfall.

Ikana was just so mysterious and brilliant. It had a deep, hidden story that only got partially revealed, and I'd love to see more of it. It had dark elements, and cool undead themes. Great music, and one of the best dungeons of the entire Zelda series, IMO.

I would really like to see more from this area sometime in the future. Perhaps another Termina game? Maybe even one that focuses on this region... now that would be excellent.

And I also really liked Woodfall. I've always liked the Deku, and they're presence here just made the place cooler. I also like swamps, and using a swamp instant of a flat out forest was a nice change of pace. Oh, I also loved the Deku Palace (especially the song!) and Odolwa, the boss of Woodfall Temple. One of the neatest bosses in the series, I've always thought. :P

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My favorite MM area would be Great Bay. One of the reasons why I love it is the fact that it has water in it. Water places in Zelda have always interested me (excluding the water-type dungeons).

The next reason would be the fact that there is so many places in that particular area that you can go. For example, there's the Great Bay hall, the Pirates' Hideout, the Underwater Cove, the Beaver's place, and the temple itself that you can travel to.

The last reason would be because the Zoras live there. They are my favorite race to exist in the Zelda series (next to the Twili and Sheikah).

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I like the Ikana area, I don't know really, I just like the whole 'undead' feeling of the place. One thing I don't like however, is the bottom of the well, omg, its so dark and scary, not to mention that there are times when I forget to put the maks on and the Gobdos eat me! O.O

My favourite place on OoT is the Swamp, The Deku and their little Monarchy here was really cool and I like the idea of the Deku's having a civilisations, Not just a bunch of Mad Scrub's hidding in plants attacking everything that moves. It also had a really nice feel and look for me in that area, To be honest when I was playing MM I got more disappointed with the Mountain's and the Great Bay. Swimming in the Geat bay was great but the other half of that area was boring. Mainly where the Zora's were based.

After the Zora's area I have no opinion as that's as far as I have played, I stopped playing the game a while ago, I am currently just finishing the race against he giant Stalchild.

My favourite place in OoT is either Death Mountain or the Gerudo Fortress, They both feel good and look great, The part of Death Mountain I am refering to though is the Goron City area. The tribal feel there is cool and the place like it should be on the side of a mountain. The Gerudo Fortress was a fun place to escape from and then infiltrate your way into. Other than that though there is not much to do there other than the mini-game up at the top where you have to ride Epona and hit all the targets and score 1500 or more I think to get the top prize.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
The Ikana area was my favorite because of its theme, which is the darker theme of course. I've actually always liked the darker themes in most zelda game, like OOTs shadow temple, and WWs earth temple. The soundtracks of the area are cool too, like when you just enter Ikana, the soundtrack is pretty scary. The only thing I dont like bout Ikana is the temple (bad memories) just because its completely confusing.

You can't go wrong about great bay area either, I love Zoras, and I love water so it just fits. The temple is awesome too.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
In MM my favorite place would definately be Clock Town. Right from the moment you leave the clock tower, you can tell that this town is much more 'alive' than many other towns in video games. Little details like the sound of construction that echos throughout the town. People actually walking around, having something unique to say that sometimes even changes with each new day. Not to mention the music in Clock Town is excellent. It almost radiates activity, like a real city would in reality. As if it wasn't enough to look like a thriving town, upon closer examination, it turned out to actually be as complex as it first seems. Sidequests like the Kafei & Anju sidequest helped prove how intricate the town really was. At least, thats what I felt when I first played MM. :P

As for OoT, i've always enjoyed the Lost Woods area. To me, there always seemed to be a certain magic about this area. From the floating lights to the catchy music, and to how incredibly vast the forest seems. The fact that you could actually get 'lost' in the Lost Woods made me think that you could spend years wondering around in the forest and always discover something new. Anyway, that is what I always feel when I play OoT. :D

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
To me, all of the places in both games have memories from different time periods in my life. There should be an option for "all of the above". Does anyone else feel this way?

H

Hero0fTimeLink

Ugh, honestly in MM the swamp and ikana place scared me.Like in ikana theres so many monsters!!And the swamp is just werid....so i choose the mountain area :D!

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Ikana scared me because of the Ghosts. I personally like all four of the areas. I never got through the Southern Swamp as a kid, but when I got older I was able to beat the game. Can you blame me? MM is one of the hardest zelda games to date next to TAoL.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
My favorite place in Majora's Mask would have to be Clocktown. Great music, good atmosphere, a lot to do and a lot to see. It's a great place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom