• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What is the Hardest Boss in Oot for You?

The boss I'd the most trouble... was Volvagia. Twinrova was funny, Bongo Bongo was tough... Phantom Ganon is... too easy after practice.

Bongo Bongo to me is by fat the easiest.
I just charge up the master sword and when bongo Bongo gets close enough i swing the sword to stun him then give him further hits with the sword.
I repeat this 3 times and then he is dead.

Phantom Ganon is quite hard.
I have been playing OOT since it came out and i still find him annoying.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Well my hardest boss on OoT was...Twinrova. That was hardcuz u need to avoid this, get that. *sigh*. It was to jump to a platform to kill her. Yup, I think I died twice on that boss. Oh well, I finished the whole game. I was pround of myself!:^)

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Hardest boss in OoT you ask? Well this is a tough one. I am going to have to go with Phantom Ganon on this one. Morpha is way too easy to dodge, Queen Ghoma and King Dodongo are just a toys, Volvagia is way too predictable, I can beat Bongo Bong without even using the lens of truth, and Twinrova can't hit you unless you put your shield down. Since I am pretty bad at the volleying against Phantom Ganon, I'm going to have to go with him.

Ughhhh But as soon as I found out he cant hit you when you stand on the triforce, it was all over for me. I'm not even a gamer of any sorts and it was painfully easy. hahahaha
wait is that really true what do you mean
mine would be GANON, for some reason i had trouble with him at my friends house all of a sudden

P

PiKn1ght314

I have to say Phantom Ganon. For one thing, and perhaps the only thing that made him hard, was his mega haxing skills. Many a time my brother and I would get duped and he would slip back into a painting right after coming out just a wee bit. This kind of thing happened to us frequently when we fought him, therefore making him hard (and loathed). All the other bosses were easy for me, mostly because I had the game spoiled to me as a child before playing.

T

tmiln15

I only died on two bosses which were Phantom ganon and Bongo Bongo, for the hardest was Phantom ganon, i died twice and once on Bongo bongo, it was my first time playing.

Phantom Ganon was Incredibly easy for me on my first try. Bongo Bongo is scary, but when you get over that, hes really easy. Ill say Twinrova

Phantom Ganon, Morpha, Bongo Bongo, Twinrova, and sorta Ganon. He was really easy the first time, a LITTLE bit harder the second time. Not too much him, but mostly the first 4.

Well, Volvagia can be difficult or really easy. Easy if you shoot him in the face with arrows to prevent him from attacking and climbing onto the side when rocks start to fall. Without backup Health (Potions or Fairies) and these two methods, he can be difficult, as he does quite a bit of damage.

The second half of Phantom Ganon's fight is tough because sometimes the edges of the arena (the ropes) will get in the way out your view and unlike the fight with Ganondorf, sometimes when you hit a magic ball it will just spazz out and go in some random direction.

Ganondorf can be a little difficult too, mostly because of Magic Ball-Sword flukes and shooting him with a Light Arrow fast enough. Sometimes in my haste I will miss him by a thread and he'll be able to get back up.

Queen Gohma, uber easy, King Dodongo, uber easy, Barinade, pretty easy, Phantom Ganon, a bit difficult, Volvagia, difficult without tricks and/or backup health, Morpha, easy, Bongo Bong, easy, Twinrova, easy, Ganondorf, difficult, Ganon, easy.

It's conditional in my opinion. If you don't have the Defense Upgrade from the Great Fairy, or just suck at Dead Man's Volley, Ganondorf. If you do not have backup health, Volvagia, because his attacks can be hard to avoid and he does quite a bit of damage. Sure, you can just shoot him in the face with an arrow to stop his flying around and fire-breathing, and climb onto the sides of the arena to avoid his rock-dropping, but what's the fun in that?

So:
1. Ganondorf
1. Volvagia (It's a tie)
2. Phantom Ganon

I think those three are the only difficult bosses of Ocarina of Time. Everything else is really, really easy in my opinion.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
For me Phantom Ganon is by far the hardest. He is the only boss i ever had to try more than once on in the whole game (other than the actual ganon at the end). Even after about 3 times through now, i still find him hard to beat, while every other boss has become easier and easier.

Wow, I sure do think about bosses differently, apparently. A lot of people in this thread say Bongo Bongo is hard and annoying, but I think he's easy and fun, and I thought so my first time through as well. And Twinrova is even easier. I don't even recall ever taking damage from either of the forms... Interesting.

I'm gonna say Phantom Ganon if you have no idea what to do, (who would guess to hit magic back with their sword?! Seriously? Luckily, I had my friend who introduced me to Zelda guiding me at the time, so I didn't have too much of a problem) Volvagia if you don't use the tricks, (shooting him with arrows to make him go back into his hole and climbing onto the sides when he summons the falling rocks) and Ganondorf overall. Hitting him with a Light Arrow in time can be a bit hard.

V

Vaati's Success

probably Phantom Ganon. He was pretty much the only boss i'd consider "hard" in OoT but it was more annoying than hard.

easily Volvagia, cuz if you don't get him at the right time, he will burn you. Also if you step in the fire holes as he's flying above you and he touches you, a lotta hearts will be missing.

D

Darth Usurper

Bongo Bongo was tough when you fought him with 3 hearts.

But when your life was full, it isn't that hand to outlast him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom