• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think Are the High Points of WW?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
There are so many reasons to enjoy this game:

It really made me happy to see so many references to OoT.
The music is absolutely amazing.
After a while, every island, character, theme became nostalgic for me.
The characters had a huge amount of depth.
There's always a minigame or a side quest to do.
Sailing is really fun and on every time you sail you find something new.
Big creative bosses.

The first time I played through this game it was absolutely amazing. Similarly to MM, if you don't know what to do and are trying to go 100% this game is really fun. The story in my opinion isn't the best but if you are an OOT fan then you will get those occasional chills with familiar characters. I've always said that OOT and TP go together like MM and TWW go together...one set is about an epic story while the other set you have to get sidequests or else it is incredibly easy.

once you get passed the graphics, it has one of the best storys in zelda in my opinion, most people don't think so cuz they got stuck thinking about all the funny parts. The plot twist took me off guard, And if you get passed the... um... large Ganondorf, he is the most amazing ganondorf you will ever see. (if he was younger, and better looking I think I would marry him!.......... DON'T JUDGE ME.)

I think WW had a sorta dark plot, but it was just hidden underneath a lot of happy things... Oh yeah, some people (actually, a lot of people) hated the sailing, so don't keep your expectations TO high for the sailing part of the game, and I think you would enjoy it! :D (on my top fav zelda games!)

Must say the music in WW is fantastic.
Abd the music when sailing is actually very good.

As i have said before there are so many good points about the game.

I can assure you you'll like it. The story is great, there are some very inventive new items, the controls are good, and swordplay is much more expansive. There are way more sword combos to experiment with, and you also have the super-useful "Parry" attack this time around. Also, sailing is just about as relaxing as it gets.

I almost forgot to mention the exploration! The entire game (well most of it, I won't spoil anything) takes place on a vast, seemingly endless ocean. If I recall, there are a total of 49 different islands. Many of them aren't essential to your main quest, but several have Pieces of Heart, Sidequests, Mini-Games, and Upgrades. Also, there's the concept of Charts, which is awesome. From your main sea chart (that you get to fill out yourself) to treasure charts, there is no chart that isn't useful. Digging up treasure from the sea that you found with a Treasure Chart is often very rewarding, usually in the form of Purple, Orange, or even Silver Rupees. There are also Pieces of Heart in some of them and others have more charts.

I highly recommend playing it.

Last edited:
I can assure you you'll like it. The story is great, there are some very inventive new items, the controls are good, and swordplay is much more expansive. There are way more sword combos to experiment with, and you also have the super-useful "Parry" attack this time around. Also, sailing is just about as relaxing as it gets.

I almost forgot to mention the exploration! The entire game (well most of it, I won't spoil anything) takes place on a vast, seemingly endless ocean. If I recall, there are a total of 49 different islands. Many of them aren't essential to your main quest, but several have Pieces of Heart, Sidequests, Mini-Games, and Upgrades. Also, there's the concept of Charts, which is awesome. From your main sea chart (that you get to fill out yourself) to treasure charts, there is no chart that isn't useful. Digging up treasure from the sea that you found with a Treasure Chart is often very rewarding, usually in the form of Purple, Orange, or even Silver Rupees. There are also Pieces of Heart in some of them and others have more charts.

I highly recommend playing it.

It tkes a long time to explore every single square on the map.
And a lot of the islands on each are not that important.
But its still worth doing.
And there are so many different charts,cant remember them all.

And indeed there are so many different sword techniques to learn as well.
And another thing when you see a light coming from the sea stop on it while in the boat then drop the crane into it and you will always get something.
Mainly rupees but the odd time it will be charts,heart pieces.

If anyone hasn't played this game, you need to. The story is one of my favorites in any game period, The soundtrack is amazing, and the gameplay is really good.

In so many ways its the perfect zelda game
It just has everything.
It really is a game with so many great points as members have said in previous posts.
11/10 for me.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Wind Waker is the best Zelda game in my opinion, its high points are history (one of, if not the best), graphics though controversial at first, it is the greatest looking cel shaded game ever made, even if its like 8 years old it still looks beautiful. Music is awesome (just listen to the miniboss theme, jalhalla boss battle or molgera battle, the last one appears on smash bros brawl)
Finally i think this game has some kind of magic to it, some great emotion that just makes me play through it over and over again

One thing i loved about Windwaker was the Dungeons. I hated windwaker for the insane amount of sailing because i got bored, But I enjoyed every minute of the dungeons! The enemy's were really well created too.

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. I love the cel-shaded graphics, even though everyone criticizes them, they really fit the Zelda style and I'm glad that they stuck around for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Also, I love the dungeons! Although on the easy side (I don't mind easy Zelda games), they are tons of fun and have many unique puzzles and boss battles. I also like the insane amount of side-quests! Visiting every island takes forever, and it's totally worth getting all the heart pieces and bomb upgrades, etc. People always say that the worst part of Wind Waker was the sailing, but I disagree whole-heartedly. I agree that it's slow, but I didn't mind because of 1: the beautiful Great Sea music, and 2: the awesome cel-shaded graphics. And you can just play The Ballad of The Gales, anyways! I think WW is under appreciated in the Zelda world.

Ejecting the disc and putting it back on the shelf in its case...

I joke. Last time I played the game I found it all a bit of a chore, but some of the boss fights are quite fun, despite their ease. The combat system is excellent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom