• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Villain?

Deity

I really, really, really doubt that Majora will not even be mentioned in Skyward Sword. He really has nothing to do with Hyrule imo.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I personally want a brand new villain never seen in the series before. And, regarding a super dark villain, those villains are usually quite awesome, however in my mind it has always seemed as though the series had its super dark villain in Majora from MM.

Granted, Majora seems to be a rather 'light' version of what could potentially be an extremely dark villain, but I think that is exactly the reason why I think Majora worked so well for the series. It wasn't so dark it felt 'un-zelda'. Of course, having another Majora 'type' of villain wouldn't be too bad either, but I don't think that's what Nintendo is going for in SS. Then again, some of the style of SS sort of reminds me of MM, so maybe they will go with a dark villain. Either way, I definitely think it's going to be a villain we've never seen before, and I think that perhaps we'll see a new 'type' of villain altogether.

W

WWfangirl

For me it is( in LOLcat speak)

Ganon
DO NOT WANT

New villian is needed nao. Basement cat type: PURE EVIL

( end LOLcat speak)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I doubt we'll see Ganon/dorf simplly because the time of this game plus the small tidbits of story we got screams it takes place a Long time before Ocarina of Time at least imo, Vatti also dosen't work for me because his timeline is already confusing. Something tells me we'll see a new villian or maybe Dark Link(that would be epic). What would be cool if the Enemy was like a bodiless creature that can only take one form then he's stuck with it forever or till he dies and when he sees link he copies Link's looks(this would explain Dark Link).

Eskhandar

or khan he?
pardon me i didnt read the whole thread but
HOW ABOUT if the boss was THE SKYWARD SWORD?! :O

David

But you called me here...
pardon me i didnt read the whole thread but
HOW ABOUT if the boss was THE SKYWARD SWORD?! :O

I highly doubt that happening... The Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword, the blade of evil's bane.

I think that we will have a new antagonist as well and I really hope that he is a really powerful and CHALLENGINGfinal boss. I know that there have been hard bosses in Zelda titles, but I hope that the new antagonist will be a real challenge. I really want to be challenged with a final boss. I do not want a super easy final boss ever again.

I think it's too early to even guess at the villain. However I do hope Shadow link will at least be a mini boss in the game! :D

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Not Gannondorf, not Majora, not Bellum, Malladus, Dethyl, Zant, or Vaati

I would like the final boss to be someone we haven't seen before. Maybe someone connected to the dark interlopers for the BS of TP. I wish for Dark Link to have a major role in this one. If he is the final boss I wouldn't mind actually. It would be cool to see an origin story for him or at least get some character development. I wouldn't mind seeing Twinrova again either. Not as the final boss though.

So either Dark Link or someone new for the final boss! Maybe some Twinrova and Dark Interlopers references too.

(Sarcasm warning) What about the Hellward Sword as the final boss? :lol:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I have a quick question. Why do people complain about Ganondorf being overused? But no one ever complains that Bowser is overused. Not having Ganon in a Zelda game to me is like Batman without Joker, X-Men without Magneto, the TMNT without Shredder, Superman without Lex Luthor, and most of all Mario without Bowser, you know what I'm getting at. So what's with the complaining. Ganondorf is a fantastic villain.

Maybe we let our inner geek get the best of us sometimes.

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
My thoughts of the main villain of SS might be a new Evil, but this evil will somehow manifest into Ganondorf.

Since this is the Prequel of Ocarina of Time, it's logical to think that Hyrule was a World of Chaos. And the fact Link came down to Hyrule to cleanse the land of Evil. It could also be a story telling about the Banishment of the Twili to the Twilight realm. But nothing is for certain. But these facts can be plausible. Majora can't be the Villain, since Majora's background was not fully explain and is hard to think of its origin. But my guess about him would be Majora was a Spirit of evil manifested from a void. Vaati is out of the picture for me, since we'd seen his origins in Minish Cap.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I have a quick question. Why do people complain about Ganondorf being overused? But no one ever complains that Bowser is overused. Not having Ganon in a Zelda game to me is like Batman without Joker, X-Men without Magneto, the TMNT without Shredder, Superman without Lex Luthor, and most of all Mario without Bowser, you know what I'm getting at. So what's whith the complaining. Ganondorf is a fantastic villain.

Maybe we let our inner geek get the best of us sometimes.

With everything that you have said I don't think he is overused per say, but I still would like to see some other villain step up to the plate. Besides all the heroes you have mentioned also have other villains as well. The Joker isn't Batman's only villain, Lex Luthor isn't Superman's only villain, etc. Ganon will always have a place in this gamers heart, but he can't be the only bad guy in town. Besides Skyward Sword supposedly takes place before Ocarina which was the origin of Ganon/Ganondorf.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I really hope that Ganon(dorf) isn't in this game, I do feel he has been in too many, I hope in the next big zelda game he returns with a bang, that would be cool. In other words I hope it is not Ganon(dorf) in this game, also it is pretty much impossible for him to be in Skyward Sword.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
With everything that you have said I don't think he is overused per say, but I still would like to see some other villain step up to the plate. Besides all the heroes you have mentioned also have other villains as well. The Joker isn't Batman's only villain, Lex Luthor isn't Superman's only villain, etc. Ganon will always have a place in this gamers heart, but he can't be the only bad guy in town. Besides Skyward Sword supposedly takes place before Ocarina which was the origin of Ganon/Ganondorf.

That's true, but I did say whatever villain I said for a reason. Reason being, Joker is Batman's arch Nemesis as Magneto is to the X-Men. But Zelda is but one series of video games that comes out every 3-5 years on a console. So they figure out that if it's gonna take this long to make a really good Zelda game why not put Ganondorf as the main villain. (Since he is Link's Arch Nemesis) The Adventure of Link had Dark Link, Link's Awakening had Nightmare, the Oracle games had Twinrova, and the Minish Cap and Four Swords both had Vaati, while Bellum and Malladus where the villains of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. That's a lot of villains if you ask me. So Ganon is not over used and needs to be in Skyward Sword, just because his "Origin" was in Ocarina of Time doesn't stop him from being in Skyward Sword. Like I said before, anything can happen in a fictional world.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
That's true, but I did say whatever villain I said for a reason. Reason being, Joker is Batman's arch Nemesis as Magneto is to the X-Men. But Zelda is but one series of video games that comes out every 3-5 years on a console. So they figure out that if it's gonna take this long to make a really good Zelda game why not put Ganondorf as the main villain. (Since he is Link's Arch Nemesis) The Adventure of Link had Dark Link, Link's Awakening had Nightmare, the Oracle games had Twinrova, and the Minish Cap and Four Swords both had Vaati, while Bellum and Malladus where the villains of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. That's a lot of villains if you ask me. So Ganon is not over used and needs to be in Skyward Sword, just because his "Origin" was in Ocarina of Time doesn't stop him from being in Skyward Sword. Like I said before, anything can happen in a fictional world.

You left out Onox and Veran and Majora! :P

Anything can happen in a fictional world but even fiction must have its limits before concepts just don't make sense. The only way I see Ganondorf in SS is he if time travels from the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom