• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 30!

What is your favorite Mini-boss from OOT?

• Lizalfos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bigocto

• Meg (Final Poe Sister)

• Flare Dancer

• White Wolfos

• Dark Link

• Dead Hand

• Nabooru's Second-in command

• Iron Knuckle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Yes, the ocarina should return in some way (77.78%)
This week's question: What is your favorite Mini-boss from OOT?
Lizalfos
Bigocto
Meg (Final Poe sister)
Flare Dancer
White Wolfos
Dark Link
Dead Hand
Nabooru's Second-in command
Iron Knuckle
(Not counting the Stalfos since there is another mini-boss in the same dungeon where they are a mini-boss + I've had them in another poll)
By the way, my fellow Zeldadungeoneers! Check out my vid with Zelda music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNJHH...1&feature=plcp

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Dark Link. I have daydreams of fighting a Dark Link with hidden skills in Twilight Princess. <3

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
dark link has been around since the second zelda game, and was just awesome in OoT with the design of the room and everything, it was pretty awesome and it is always awesome no matter what game you fight him in!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Dark Link. He's actually probably the hardest OoT enemy in the game, at least for me. I really enjoy his fights because they're also fairly long.

OoT had some fantastic and unique mini-bosses. They had a large variety each requiring different tactics to defeat.

Dark Link will probably win this running away and I can see why. He is very mysterious, very challenging (especially if you don't use Din's Fire) and the idea of fighting a dark version of yourself has a certain literary appeal to it.

Personally, I enjoyed the Flare Dancer because it was a very unique fight that we haven't really seen since. I found them an interesting and amusing foe (when they were running around without the flame cloak for instance) and enjoyable on replays even if a bit easy.

I am going to buck the trend though and vote for Dead Hand. I love the Bottom of Well (and Shadow Temple), I think they are among the creepiest and darkest areas in any Zelda title, or game period. Dead Hand was a very scary and chilling creature fitting for the setting and very unique. He has also never appeared in games prior or since, which adds to his mystique.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I enjoyed every mini boss fight to be honest; they all gave me a sort of tension, a feeling that spoke "kill or be killed". It's exhilarating no matter which enemy it was. However, I definitely give Dark Link the edge here. Of all mini-bosses and really enemies in general, I felt he was the most unique. His combat style--a direct mimic of Link's--is simply amazing. Had he a greater arsenal (which I now realize to be almost impossible due to N64 limitations), I think he would be most fitting for a boss. So yeah, I voted Dark Link, and I'll leave a video of him:

[video=youtube;ofbnXcGYZcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofbnXcGYZcM[/video]

Garo

Boy Wonder
I really loved the Poe Sisters, in part because they were so indelibly tied to the Forest Temple. The progression of the dungeon involved hunting them down to restore the flames on the braziers in the great hall near the elevator, so killing each one felt like real advancement. None of the other minibosses have that sort of drive; they usually feel like enemies thrown in there to provide a bit of a challenge before giving you a prize. Meg particularly was a good fight with a neat mechanic with the doubles but also because it was fought in the great hall, so not only did it feel like the ultimate accomplishment of the dungeon's goal as presented when you first enter it, but it really sold the feeling of "oh man here comes the boss".

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Haha, I knew that Dark Link would take an instant lead :D I voted Flare Dancer myself, I really liked that one, but I think it should have been made a little tougher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom