• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ugh, Game Just HAS to Be Flipped.

I am really annoyed how in TP, the GC and Wii versions are mirror mages of each other. Wherever u go left in GC, u go right in Wii, and vice versa. Any reasons y u think this is the way it is? And please dont put "so the game can be harder to write walkthroughs about":lol: This is all the time i have, ill put more thought into this once i edit it some other day.

I've heard that they made the Wii version flipped with Link being right-handed because apparently most people are right-handed, so it would be easier to control with the Wii remote. but that's just what I've heard! :P

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
i dont see what was wrong with swining with your right hand so Link would swing with his right, i mean it would cause problems in zelda wii but not with a simple motion detector like in twilight princess, of course i hope they let you choose wether you are right or left handed in zelda wii :D

It's because most people are right handed, and Nintendo thought that many people would be umcomfortable swinging the sword with their right hand while Link swung with his left. That's the only reason really, I don't think it's much of a problem really, I don't think it would be that hard to navigate my way around the GC version after completing the Wii version 5 or 6 times.

If TP hadn't been announced for the Wii so late into it's development, probably Nintendo wouldn't need to mirror it. It was done mainly because they were running out of time and recoding a right-handed Link would have taken too long. That's what I've heard anyways.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Yeah it, seems they just wanted a right handed version for the wii so it may be that they flipped the gameworld as well, to reflect that change. But I think they could have left the game world as it was in the GC, if they wanted to. Personally I think it was a conscious decision and that Although I don't really know what that reason could be. Maybe they just wanted an alternate version of the game, kind of like 2nd quest, OoX, Masters Quest. and now the TP flip. Actually yeah that would make a lot of sense. there was the GB and GBC version of LA and so on... it would seem that selling mutiple version of the same game is good for buisness. Maybe Zelda Wii will have a second quest or masters quest... i can't see it getting flipped though cause it will only be for one system.

The Reason Twilight Princess was flipped for the Wii:
1. Nintendo was originally developing it for the GameCube, decided to release it for the Wii during its development.
2. While they were developing the control system, they set the sword to the motion control.
3. People found it awkward using their right hand to control the sword in Link's left hand.
4. Nintendo changed the sword control to the B button.
5. People found the item system too hard to use so Nintendo developed a new item system.
6. This item system required the use of the B button, so they switched back to the motion control for the sword.
7. They did not have time to completely redo Link's character models, so they flipped the game.

What I don't understand is why didn't they just flip the character model? They didn't need to redo it in the first place. :facepalm: at Nintendo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom