• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess Masterquest?

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I have been wondering recently if Twilight Princess will ever get a masterquest game. Many other zelda games have a second quest. I would really like a beefed up twilight princess that is harder than the original, and maybe has a boss battles mode. What are you guys opinions?:)

I think it'd be a pretty neat idea, but not very practical, and to be honest this, along with other factors, might present a double-edged sword to the series from a sales standpoint... But I won't go into that.

Anyway, if I was to imagine such a game, I'd envision it would have tougher enemies. The enemies in "the original" were far to simply hack and slash for me. This is not entirely a bad thing, but when the fact that Twilight Princess was an attempt at innovation is taken into account, I think they could have done much better. There may not be very much Nintendo could do to amp up the difficulty of enemies aside from increasing their damage output, but it's a start. Perhaps there might be more of them added as well. It might also be a nice addition if enemies were placed in unconventional places. (i.e. Darknuts in Hyrule Field.) I'm sure that would mix things up a bit a la OoTMQ.

In addition to amped up enemies, I'd imagine a change in dungeon layout would be a given. This would be very similar to OoTMQ, which essentially featured scrambled dungeon rooms with added puzzle elements thrown in here and there. As such, dungeon items would be rearranged and/or acquired at different times as well. I really can't imagine much else aside from this with regards to dungeons; perhaps there could be a minor alternatives in dungeon progression?

You know, in a nutshell, such a hypothetical game might be very similar to, if not exactly like, Ocarina of Time: Master Quest... Whether this is good or bad thing is entirely subjective.

MW7

I doubt they'd do it, but I definitely would buy it. I think the most important thing would be to switch up the dungeons and especially the puzzles within them. I just wish Nintendo would finally make another Zelda game with a real second quest like in the original game. I first played OOT Master Quest and thought "this is pretty cool how everything's different." Then I played through LOZ and realized how lazily designed Master Quest was because in LOZ the dungeons layouts are totally different and some are even in different locations in the overworld. OOT Master Quest has the exact same rooms and changes what's inside them- the second quest in LOZ was like a totally new game.

But yeah I love the idea of a harder Twilight Princess. I'd definitely buy it if it was different enough.

I don't think they should do it and I also don't think they would do it.

I'd rather them focus more on Zelda Wii U then a TP masterquest. Before anybody sais, "oh it won't take that long...", it would if you guys want a masterquest like OoT. Adding different puzzles, dungeon layout, amped up enemeys, different enemeys in different locations, etc. takes time. Time taken away from a new Zelda game. Instead of going back and working on a previous Zelda game to make it perfect, learn from your mistakes, and make a new one that improved on the flaws of the previous. This is my biggest beef with Pokemon because every single version has to have a remake and a "third part." I get it's a staple to the series now but it shouldn't have been done to begin with IMO.

For the same reasons I stated above is why Nintendo won't do it. They're to buysy working on Zelda 3DS and Zelda Wii U to worry about TP. By the time Zelda Wii U is out, they would have forgoten about TP. Not to mention even if they did consider an additional masterquest to the series it would go to MM or even WW over TP.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
They can do what they want as long as I get Majora's Mask Master Quest. :bleh:

I still remember Ocarina of Time's Master Quest... I can't say that I thought it was a worthy investment. Since I knew the dungeons pretty well by the time I got it and their layout was already a huge part of the experience for me, I guess that was to be expected. The dungeons already had a certain feeling of their own that I associated with every single puzzle and corner in them. For lack of a better way of putting it, they had... a presence, almost like they were characters. A sense that the dungeon had left such an impression that just by mentioning one puzzle or scene in it I'd associate it with the place and its feel. They all went hand in hand, pretty much. Altering one thing of it would end up changeing that foundation, and therefore lose some of the excitement in my view. I have similar attachment towards TP's dungeons, and as you might know if you played Master Quest, it messed a little bit with that.

On the other side, though, there is the issue that since you're basically starting a new game, there might be an expectation of more than just different dungeons. I remember expecting more than just the dungeons changed, and if only the dungeons were changed, that it should all be a notable change. That lead me to discover that fondness I had for the places, but at the same time lead me to think about how messing with a well-known game has another side: when you don't change enough for everyone to consider it worthwhile. That seems like a pretty tight line to walk, and I'm not sure it would be worth Nintendo's time, which as already mentioned, could be spent in something new.

That said, it did give me a reason to play through the game again and a change or two to go with it. I guess I can't complain since I also got the original game with it, and every release of OoT that happens to include Master Quest (as far as I know) is always featuring it as little more than an extra that might make it worthwhile for people who haven't tried it. That sounds to me like how they should treat TP's if it ever gets one.

Last edited:

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I think it would be pretty cool to play a scrambled up TP, and I actually found Oot MQ very very glitchy I was messing around alot in the dungeons just trying to find bugs lol. The best one I can think of though is the door on the right upon entering the spirit temple, I easily glitched into the water barrier with a precise sword jump and it sent me into the roof lol. N64 glitches... ahh gotta love 'em

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom