• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler To Date, Who Has Been Your Absolute Favorite Final Boss of the Series?

Which one is your favorite?

• Ganon, TLOZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link, TAOL

• Ganon, ALttP

• Dethl/Nightmare, LA

• Ganon, OoT

• Mahora's Wrath, MM

• Onox, OoS

• Veran, OoA

• Ganon, OoS & OoA

• Ganondorf, TWW

• Vaati, 4S

• Ganon, 4SA

• Vaati, TMC

• Dark Lord Ganondorf, TP

• Bellum/Linebeck, PH

• Malladus, ST

• Total voters

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I think the title is self explanatory, so I'll just list some details about each one.

Ganon - The original. He even has a sort of Secret Technique of Darkness.
Dark Link - Crouch in corner and hammer sword button!!!!
Ganon - Run from fire birds, avoid falling off edge.
Dethl/Nightmare - Switching forms, what's not to love?
Ganon - Swords, thunder, lightning, no master sword to use for a bit, and Zelda sitting by watching until Ganon is beaten.
Majora's Wrath - Fierce Deity Spam!!!!!
Onox - Jump on hand, smack face!
Veran - (Still haven't beaten so I lack details on her)
Ganon - Spin Attack or smack with Master Sword. Take your pick.
Ganondorf - Epic Sword fight under crashing-down ocean.
Vaati - You and a partner. How fun.
Ganon - And a redo of the ALTTP fight.
Vaati - Spin around with your other three selves and whack magic balls back at floating eye.
Dark Lord Ganondorf - Dodge, dodge, whip out fishing rod, attack.
Bellum/Linebeck - Hit your companion with a sword. Sounds fun.
Malladus - Kill a Ganon look-a-like.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I added a spoiler tag, as some of them are less obvious than others.

My all-time favorite has to be Ganon from OoT; there is absolutely no competition in that one for me. The fight is absolutely pitch-perfect; the atmosphere, the music, the epic cliffhangers, and the drop-dead bad-assery. Being in darkness, only able to see a pair of glowing eyes and horns until he's illuminated in his entirety with a flash of lightning still sends chills down my spine. The fight feels exactly like a final boss battle should, and I can't say I've ever seen a final boss battle done better. The animations and the sheer execution of the boss battle still impress me to this day. I can't wait to see this one in 3D.

Although, I wouldn't exactly say Zelda just sits there idly; she does a fair bit of fighting, too. ;)

Ganon, in the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time specifically. In Wind Waker, the environment is fantastic; atop Ganon's Tower, rain pouring down, colossal waterfalls falling from above... It's just amazing scenery for a final boss fight, and I love the mechanics of the fight. It's so fluid, fast-paced, and intense.

The Wind Waker has my favorite final boss so far, with Ocarina of Time's final boss a close second.

It truly is hard to beat Ocarina of Time, though-you are surrounded by darkness and can only see the silhouette of a massive figure and a pair of glowing eyes until a bolt of lightning illuminates the arena-truly awesome style. The music sets the mood very well, also. It really feels like an ultimate confrontation of good and evil.

On second thought, they are tied in my eyes.

I would have to say Ganon from TP because that was my first zelda game thus my first time fighting him ever. Good times :D

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I love Ganon in OoT because of the atmosphere. Come on, you're in the ruins of Hyrule Castle, it's dark, cloudy, you're surrounded by fire and you DON'T HAVE THE MASTER SWORD.

And also Ganondorf in TP, just because it's basically a classic sword fight, and you're just out on some plain, surround by walls, fighting Ganondorf sword to sword.

Ganondork

goo
My favorite was definately ALttP Ganon. I loved the thrill I had of trying to avoid falling off the edge. Needless to say, I fought him nearly 10 times. I thought it was the most fun to date, but I haven't gotten far enough in OoT or MM to vouch for either of them as my favorite, so it's unanimous for me that ALttP Ganon was the best one.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I'd have to say Ganondorf from tWW, because that was my first Zelda game i beat, and, it seemed very intense to me, and fighting with the ocean crashing down around you? that was amazing! :)

I chose Majora's Wrath, because it is such a fun boss, if you have the fierce deity mask. Even though it does feel cheep.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
My absolute favorite final boss of the series to date would probably be a close tie between Ganon from OoT and Ganon from ALttP. The battles I had with them both possessed an epic feel and made me feel like I had to beat them in order to save Hyrule from the darkness they were trying to spread across it. At this moment though, I cannot say which one is my favorite out of the two but I can say that they both are my favorite for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom