• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This is Quite Annoying, Twilight Princess for Wii/Gamecube

Alright, I've beaten twilight princess for Wii a while ago, and i sold it. I really missed playing it, so my friend let me borrow his for gamecube.

I'm up to the third twilight realm where you collect the tears after melting the ice in zoras domain, and I've noticed throughout the game that the areas are flipped!

Is it just me? Or did nintendo make the wii version of TP and the gamecube version of TP have the areas flipped?

For example,
I was almost positive that the entrance to hyrule field, or wherever, was on the left side, not the right side.

Honestly I think this was a stupid idea for nintendo to do, and you guys should check it out yourself. Its a silly mind game and there was no reason to mess with the games liek that -_-

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Yes, the Wii version of the game is flipped. The way it looks in the Gamecube version is the way that the game was actually supposed to look like. In the Wii version, the game was flipped in order to make the people playing it not be confused by Link having the sword in his left hand and them using the sword with the WiiMote which was in their(the player's) right hand.

L

Link's Shadow

Yeah they had to make the Wii version a mirror to the Gamecube one, mainly because on the Wii Link had to use his right hand instead of his left for the sword to match the Wii remote, which messed up a lot of puzzles and areas.

EDIT: Darn, Ninja'd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, that would mess me up. It's bad enough playing as a lefty in a right-handed Wii world :P

I actually considered buying the gamecube version as well, as I let someone borrow my Wii version. Of course, now I want to play it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never beat the Wii version, because I got a big headache from it. I beat the GC version numerous times, seeing everything that was on the west is now on the east made me dizzy and want to cry. :/

Yes, Twilight Princess was originally made for the Gamecube. The Gamecube version is really the original map. The fact that Twilight Princess was coming out about the same time the Wii was made Nintendo simply mirror everything, including Link. This means that Link is right handed to suit the majority of the players.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
really now. i beat TP on Wii first, and now im playing gamecube and i hate it !!!
Haha, I guess that is to be expected. I was confused when I saw Ordon Village's map. I turned my GC on right quick and was like "***BOOM". Stupid mirrors.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
i find the gamecube one easier, mainly because i finished that one first. I have played the Wii version and i also hate how it's flipped!

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Hmmmmm....Interesting. I never realized that two different systems could be so different. I mean, I geuss it's not like the whole story is different or anything, but if they made the gameplay a little different like this, well, that's a problem. People that beat the GC version first, may get confused on the wii version.

L

Legendary Dude

Honestly, TP was the first Zelda game I ever played. I didn't even know about the GameCube version until my friend told me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom