• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Things That Don't Make Sense.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Can be something about a plot, the timeline, an item...anything that makes you scratch your head and go "how is that possible?"

Hyrule Historia says the Niko from ST is the same one from WW! But the two games take place hundreds of years apart, people don't live that long...I don't see any of the other pirates still around.

Another Hyrule Historia one. The main color of a loftwing is apparently fur, not feathers. Birds don't have fur. I prefer to reject that little minor detail and say it's feathers.

How does the zora tunic work? The goron tunic is understandable, you can fireproof certain materials. But extracting breathable oxygen from water would require a magic air tank and scuba mask.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Recall, the Goron Tunic protects you from heat, not fire. How does that skimpy tunic keep heat away from Link's whole body?

Also, I thought it said it was only 100 years between WW and ST. That would make him old, but not unbelievably old for a Zelda game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword's title makes no sense given the Master Sword is neither dependent on the Sky nor even in tune with the sky.

The Song of Storm paradox...hell most paradoxes in Ocarina of Time make no sense.

Majora's Mask's ending makes no sense.

Salem

SICK
How come we see the flute boy disappear so many times in Alttp? Seriously, that weirded me out since a long time ago.

Also, the downfall timeline and Adult timeline shouldn't be different based on their prerequisites.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The timeline.

As for Niko, it was only a hundred years and he was a kid in tWW. Tetra was still alive when the current Zelda was born. She was her grandmother.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
The inclusion of the Downfall Timeline.
Well, one of my timelines (not the one from my signature) includes the "Downfall" portion, but it has two differences from Hyrule Historia's "official" one (three with inclusion of ALBW). First, FSA is a direct sequel to FS. Second, the final battle against Trident-wielding Ganon in FSA creates a split. Four Links are either victorious (leads to OoT) or defeated (leads to ALttP).

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Can be something about a plot, the timeline, an item...anything that makes you scratch your head and go "how is that possible?"

Hyrule Historia says the Niko from ST is the same one from WW! But the two games take place hundreds of years apart, people don't live that long...I don't see any of the other pirates still around.
People can live that long. It's not impossible, so Niko living to be one hundred years of age is possible.

You said:
Another Hyrule Historia one. The main color of a loftwing is apparently fur, not feathers. Birds don't have fur. I prefer to reject that little minor detail and say it's feathers.
Taking a look at one of the Loftwings, it actually looks very furry. Excluding their wings, a Loftwing's exterior appears to be made up of fur.

You said:
How does the zora tunic work? The goron tunic is understandable, you can fireproof certain materials. But extracting breathable oxygen from water would require a magic air tank and scuba mask.
This is where you could play the "Zelda Logic" card. It may not be a very realistic concept, but in the Zelda world it may be possible to have clothing where the user can breathe under water.

Ventus said:
Skyward Sword's title makes no sense given the Master Sword is neither dependent on the Sky nor even in tune with the sky.
A prominent item, the Master Sword (Goddess Sword), to achieve full, scared power, the holder must raise it skyward. The title has perfect correlation to the game.

As for what I myself find confusing, Majora's Mask in general was kind of befuddling to follow along with.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Meh Zelda logic, how does Link's hat stay on his head when he's upside down in the Goron Mines?? That hat must be super glued to hell!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Meh Zelda logic, how does Link's hat stay on his head when he's upside down in the Goron Mines?? That hat must be super glued to hell!
Or how does he not throw up lol? If I was walking upside down on the ceiling I certainly would...

And I post something about living to be 100 being impossible after I see something on the news about a guy who lived to be 130 something. Before that I read a magazine article about a village in South America with a bunch of 100 some year old people. Derp...but still, why only Niko and noone else in Tetra's crew? Or noone else from WW for that matter...hard telling how old he was in WW anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom