• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Things That Don't Make Sense.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Or how does he not throw up lol? If I was walking upside down on the ceiling I certainly would...

And I post something about living to be 100 being impossible after I see something on the news about a guy who lived to be 130 something. Before that I read a magazine article about a village in South America with a bunch of 100 some year old people. Derp...but still, why only Niko and noone else in Tetra's crew? Or noone else from WW for that matter...hard telling how old he was in WW anyway...
Because Zelda from ST is Tetra's descendant, and Alfonzo from ST is Gonzo's descendant. That's already two pirates, and one can assume the rest had died off except for Niko.

ILU

i luv u
Know what doesn't make sense? Befriending Skull Kid after he's back to normal. He may have been under the control of the mask, but if he wasn't a little prick to begin with then the Deku Butler's little boy wouldn't have ended up FREAKING DEAD. :| Hero of Time befriending a murderer makes soooo much sense.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
tumblr_ltpbrh8tbo1r3okl5o1_1280.png

I've given up on trying to make sense of all things related to Zelda. There are just some things you can't explain.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Why Link has friendzoned so many girls.

Mind you, I guess with 4 girls falling for you at once, it could be difficult to choose :P

Although, technically, Link has a girlfriend in Skyward Sword (not Zelda)

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Why Link has friendzoned so many girls.

Mind you, I guess with 4 girls falling for you at once, it could be difficult to choose :P

Although, technically, Link has a girlfriend in Skyward Sword (not Zelda)

Are you referring to Peatrice, the item check girl? If you are, I wouldn't really count her as Link's girlfriend since Link loves Zelda in SS not Peatrice, so Peatrice would actually be another girl he technically friendzoned even if you made him make her believe he loved her too, Link still would secretly love Zelda more. ;)

Another Hyrule Historia one. The main color of a loftwing is apparently fur, not feathers. Birds don't have fur. I prefer to reject that little minor detail and say it's feathers.

Unsure as to whether you're referring to what was written in the Hyrule Historia, or if you're making an assessment based on your own personal observations. If the former, then yeah, HH derped up big time (lol). If the latter, the small, fur-like feathers are referred to as down feathers. This particular type of feather can usually be found on baby birds, but may be apparent in some adult bird species as a neotenous trait. The loftwing's tail appears to resemble the real world Quetzal's.

As for them tunics: it's called magic, class. I am seriously glad Nintendo didn't go all out with some hackneyed, unneeded explanation concerning the tunics. However, if I were to so much as entertain the thought of there being such an explanation, I'd say that the Zora tunic may have been composed of special scales, and contained hundreds of minute "gills" that allowed for breathing underwater (Twilight Princess's Zora tunic design appeared to have best illustrated this concept...) So, in other words, Link's torso essentially became his a massive gill, similar to a frog. :0 As for the Goron tunic... <. <

Hang on... *sniffle* Hang on for a sec whilst I try to contain these nostalgia feels. It's just, this thread is bringing back so many memories rn... (Had to have acquired at least 15 percent of my post count in that thread. Good times, eh, Sink?)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Why is Link able to, e.g. play a game of tennis using a thin piece of metal against evil orbs of energy and not die, but some chickens can kill him in minutes?

How are Keese able to harness the powers of fire and ice without dying, but that very fire will burn Link to his core or freeze him on the spot if they touch him?

How can Link eat a stamina fruit whilst running up a steep volcano with bokoblins dropping big rocks on him?

Why doesn't Link just bite Midna when she is whining and b****ing at him 24/7 and he has those powerful wolf jaws at his disposal?

So many questions....

1. Why is Link able to, e.g. play a game of tennis using a thin piece of metal against evil orbs of energy and not die, but some chickens can kill him in minutes?

2. How are Keese able to harness the powers of fire and ice without dying, but that very fire will burn Link to his core or freeze him on the spot if they touch him?

3. How can Link eat a stamina fruit whilst running up a steep volcano with bokoblins dropping big rocks on him?

4. Why doesn't Link just bite Midna when she is whining and b****ing at him 24/7 and he has those powerful wolf jaws at his disposal?

So many questions....

1. The Master Sword's power to repel evil gives him the ability to do so. That whole chicken thing is just a fun, ironic gag. Having fun is fun.

2. They're Keese (i.e., "magical bats"), meaning, unlike real bats, they are able to do so, thanks to magic. Asking this kind of question could push one to ask hundreds of questions about hundreds of monsters from hundreds of different series. lol

3. What? He eats them? :0 This entire time I thought his body just absorbed them like most adventure game characters' bodies do. Oh wait, but that may prompt the question of how his body is able to do that.

4. Midna has the ability to become intangible. Plus, Link is big softy; he'd never do that to Mi-chan. Also, she would probably end him...

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
1. The Master Sword's power to repel evil gives him the ability to do so. That whole chicken thing is just a fun, ironic gag. Having fun is fun.

2. They're Keese (i.e., "magical bats"), meaning, unlike real bats, they are able to do so, thanks to magic. Asking this kind of question could push one to ask hundreds of questions about hundreds of monsters from hundreds of different series. lol

3. What? He eats them? :0 This entire time I thought his body just absorbed them like most adventure game characters' bodies do. Oh wait, but that may prompt the question of how his body is able to do that.

4. Midna has the ability to become intangible. Plus, Link is big softy; he'd never do that to Mi-chan. Also, she would probably end him...

1. Yeah I know, don't take what I say so seriously :P
2. Again, yes, I know, it was a joke
3. They are fruit, so the whole idea is he eats them, only obviously they're not gonna show that
4. Surely he could catch her unawares?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Know what doesn't make sense? Befriending Skull Kid after he's back to normal. He may have been under the control of the mask, but if he wasn't a little prick to begin with then the Deku Butler's little boy wouldn't have ended up FREAKING DEAD. :| Hero of Time befriending a murderer makes soooo much sense.
Lol maybe Link felt sorry for him? Skull Kid I mean...he was pretty much an outcast with no friends, Majora promised him greatness so bad things happened. Did Skull Kid actually kill the young deku directly, or was it a result of something else? If it was the latter...I wouldnt say murderer, since he probably didnt even know it happened.

I'm reminded of a oneshot fanfic where Skull Kid kills the mask salesman to get Majora's mask...in that case, yeah, if I were Link I'd not do that.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
How do you breathe in the Twilight Realm?

There are no plants, therefore there is no oxygen. Also, when Midna is dying, she's PANTING…

What the heck…?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
How do you breathe in the Twilight Realm?

There are no plants, therefore there is no oxygen. Also, when Midna is dying, she's PANTING…

What the heck…?
There are plants in the twilight realm. When you're in the Faron Woods twilight, the trees are still there. And there's probably some plants on the outskirts of Twilight Palace that they didnt program in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom